QCDE with the new Q-Zandronum engine, ready to extract and start playing! No need to download many files. Just this one link to rule them all!
* What is this? *
Q-Zandronum is a fork off Zandronum 3.0 with additional features, fixes and improvements.
- Quake Movement: The engine has Quake style movement that modders can turn "on" for their projects, along with CPM and standard Doom movement. Different movement styles for different experiences no longer bound to following only Doom-movement rules. All this means, is circle-jumping, strafe-jumping. CPM and proper crouchslide, it's all here baby!
- Improved netcode and spectating experience: Who doesn't love to have a killcam when spectating PvP matches? Better client-server prediction and general netcode improvements. It may not be perfect (yet) but any improvement is better than no improvement!
- Bugfixes and additions compared to Zandronum 3.0: FOV that you can configure and doesn't reset constantly? YES PLS!
And the most important of all... A dedicated QCDE patch for this engine, taking advantage of all the new features! Champion rebalance, different movement types and a lot of little improvements!
You can find Q-Zandronum here:
* What's in this package? *
This package contains the following:
- Q-Zandronum 1.2.0: Game engine
- Doomseeker 1.3.1: Server browser
- Freedoom 0.12.1: Free, non copyright-infringing version of Doom1 and Doom2
- QCDE v2.7: Main "Quake Champions Doom Edition" package
- QCDEQZpatch v2.7: Patch for QCDEv2.7, makes it use all the new toys in QZandronum
- AeonQCDE: Deathmatch mapset for QCDE, modified maps from aeondm (original mapset)
- QCDEmaps 2.7.1 Beta 1: Deathmatch mapset custom made for QCDE, beta version with two new maps and many fixes
- QCDEmus 2.5: Original soundtrack of QCDE
- HD portraits: High definition, hand drawn champion portraits
- QCDE voxels 2.2: Replaces pickup sprites for voxels in-game
- George Exley Announcer: QCDE's official announcer voice