Prom Dreams is a freeware romance/horror adventure game created with RPG Maker VX Ace. You are Kyle Mason, a soft-spoken, popular senior at the elite St. Giles Academy. After a traumatic breakup with a girl from his old school, Kyle is eager to move on with his life - and his senior prom, he believes, will be the perfect opportunity to do just that. With the help of his nosy best friend and the rest of the school, Kyle must win the hands and hearts of one of three girls: the cute, bubbly junior, Neela Devar, the brash basketball MVP, Maggie Pham, or the cool, intelligent class leader, Brooke O’Keefe. It’s up to you to ensure the perfect prom night! Or… is it?
Prom Dreams: A High School Love Story
A game by QZ Productions
Thank you for downloading Prom Dreams: A High School Love Story! Please read the following before playing.
Download RTP (REQUIRED)
Haunting Events Guide
As a horror game, Prom Dreams contains depictions of or references to the following subjects:
- Graphic Violence (duh)
- Blood and Gore (also duh)
- Murder, Suicide, and Death (also also duh)
- Strong Language
- Cruelty Towards the Disabled
- Some Sudden Noises/Jump Scares (Not too many, though; I hate their overuse as much as anybody. ;) )
- Some Flashing Images
This game is NOT recommended for players who are faint-of-heart or younger than 16. If you are neither of these things and will not be upset by the above content, I hope you enjoy.
--VERSION 1.2 CHANGES--
- All countertops (e.g. in the computer room, home ec room, science labs) can now be more easily passed behind, making moving around the school a little bit easier.
- Small changes to the dining hall to make it easier to move around in.
- All choice boxes now have a longer lag time before them, making it more difficult to select a choice by accident.
- Certain events can no longer be triggered from weird angles (e.g. opening a cabinet from behind it).
- Slight graphical modifications during the endgame scenario.
- Kyle and the other students no longer try to do their work on turned-off computers like a bunch of idiots. :P
- Fixed a glitch involving the audio after the Loop 3 music room scene.
- Library puzzle items no longer removable after solving said puzzle.
- Fixed a variable error causing a small dialogue change after reading the optional diaries in the endgame scenario to not occur.
- Improved translation for the Portuguese bits thanks to an anonymous YouTuber. :)
- Various typo corrections and a few small script corrections (mostly to fill minor plot holes).
Movement: Directional keys
Select: Z, Space, or Enter
Cancel: X or ESC
Menu: X or ESC
Dash: Hold Shift (Note: Some scenes will have dashing disabled.)
Prom Dreams does not utilize save points; rather, saving and loading will always be available from the main menu, with the exception of a few specific scenes. It's recommended that you save often.
Prom Dreams is meant to be explored thoroughly; as time passes, characters will have different things to say, and special events will also occur at different points. Talk to everyone and check everything - yes, even if you've already done it once. Some events may even happen completely at random, so watch your step...
Finally, some characters in Prom Dreams may ask for your assistance for something trivial. Do your best to help them - it may pay off in ways you don't expect. But these opportunities don't last forever, and once they're gone, they're gone for good.
This game is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to real persons or events is entirely coincidental.
All original elements, including story, script, characters, original soundtrack, some sound effects, and many of the graphics, were created by QZ Productions exclusively for Prom Dreams. Reuse of any of these materials in other games without permission is forbidden. (Use of resources for fanworks, videos, etc. is okay as long as you don't try to take credit for them.)
Reuploading this game without permission is forbidden. If you want to offer other players a download, please link back to the official RPGMaker.net download location.
Hacking or modifying this game in any way is forbidden. Reselling of this game is forbidden.
QZ Productions is not responsible for any problems or damages resulting from using this game.
"Let's Play" and walkthrough videos of Prom Dreams are more than welcome! Yes, even monetized ones. However, please abide by the following rules:
1) Please credit QZ Productions either in the video itself or in the video description.
2) Please link back to Prom Dream's RPGMaker.net page and/or official blog (promdreamsofficial.tumblr.com) in the video description so viewers can download the game for themselves.
3) Please please PLEASE contact me via Tumblr or RPGMaker.net if you're planning on doing a Let's Play or Walkthrough!! I would love to see it and feature it on the blog. :)
Concept, Scenario, Writing, and Programming:
Original Soundtrack by QZ Productions
"Danger Storm" and
"The Show Must Be Go"
Composed by Kevin Macleod @ incompetech.com
Mixed by QZ Productions
"Wenn so lindt dein Auge mir",
"Die grüne Hopfenranke", and
"Nein, es ist nicht auszukommen"
From "Liebeslieder Waltzes, Op. 52"
Composed by Johannes Brahms
Performed by Ensemberlino Vocale
Conducted by Ulrich Kaiser
"O Lieb, so lang du lieben kannst"
Composed by Franz Liszt
Performed by Meta Steinemeyer
Mixed by QZ Productions
"Liebestraume no. 3"
Composed by Franz Liszt
Performed by Mark Hensley
Sounds and Music Samples:
11linda @ freesound.org
jorickhoofd @ freesound.org
jubamusic @ freesound.org
bulbastre @ freesound.org
Marcelo Fernandez @ marcelofernandezmusic.com
Public Domain Collections @ freesound.org
Flaming Teddy Productions
Sprites and Graphics Resources:
Damian666's Character Creator Studio
Aindra and Woratana's Windowskin Generator VX
CompulsoryHero and plum's FaceMaker 3.1
Sleepy RPG Maker Graphic Resources
transparent-flowers @ tumblr
visualgraffiti-stock @ deviantart
senshistock @ deviantart
AnnFrost-stock @ deviantart
Public Domain Collections @ pixabay.com
RPG Maker Source
Rafael Sol Maker
silver-thyme @ tumblr
playingeminor @ tumblr
matthewbolen @ tumblr
thelynxiedoodles @ tumblr
texanona @ tumblr
safepotato @ tumblr
hahaketchup @ tumblr
eyelinerandespresso @ tumblr