Phoenix Rising is a complete overhaul of EAW's mechanics, introducing new economic and production options, many new units, and a technology system that allows you to research and upgrade new units individually. Phoenix Rising is set in the Legends universe, during the Galactic Civil War. Note that due to memory overflow errors in non-Steam versions of Empire at War save games will be unreliable. It is recommended to purchase the Steam version for best results.
Note: this version will not be directly supported. Please use the Steam workshop version for up-to-date patches and bugfixes. Other versions of EAW will likely have issues saving and loading.
Phoenix Rising is a complete overhaul of EAW's mechanics, introducing new economic and production options, many new units, and a technology system that allows you to research and upgrade new units individually. Phoenix Rising is set in the Legends universe, during the Galactic Civil War.
- Play the Galactic Civil War your way from 18BBY with the full range of tech in the sandbox campaigns.
- Experience the lead-up to A New Hope from both sides of the Galactic Civil War, as told in the Legends universe, in the Operation Skyhook campaign.
- Capture or defend Coruscant in the Road to Coruscant.
- Defeat Thrawn's attempts to reassert the Empire or fight with him to eradicate the New Republic in the Thrawn Campaign.
- Unite the warring Imperials or liberate the galaxy in Imperial Mutiny.
- Play the Galactic Civil War your way in the 18 BBY sandbox campaigns with the Rebels, Empire or CSA
- 50+ buildable land units, 85+ buildable space units, with 4+ upgrades each
- 160+ heroes, many with upgrades
- Countless Independent and special starting forces units, some buildable in unique locations
- Research technology from the end of the Clone Wars through to the Yuuzahn Vong War.
Short summary of changes:
- Sweeping optimization improvements, including a "light" campaign for those having performance problems.
- Rewritten galactic conquests
- Rewritten AI to be more intelligent and challenging
- All hyperspace travel now done via hyperlanes, with bonus speed and income from different sizes of route
- Complete overhaul of planet locations, bonuses, and abilities
- Over 50 new ground maps for v2.0, many new space maps
- Both land and space skirmish are available (though land skirmish is still unfinished for the CSA)
- Space skirmish has been completely rebalanced to be more of a competitive experience
- New armor/shield/damage system for space combat, bringing it in line with our ground combat changes from v1.2.
- New space units and ground vehicles
- Improved weather system and atmospheric effects
- New hero system
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.
Please, bring back the rotating cannons! 😭🙏
They may return as an optional addon, but it's a lot of work
Will this work for the GOG version?
Yes, but as noted above you are likely to experience failed save games
so, my feedback on this so far. just played a few skirmishes real quick. my only real complaint so far is that in ground combat (seems to not occur in space combat for some reason), once you reach close to max unit cap there is alot of stuttering, and i cant really figure out why. there is not any texture loss, the textures themselves shouldnt cause any problem, plus iv played mods no problem with more units on the ground at once, lowering graphics does nothing. so im not sure what is causing it, but its very annoying and very odd, considering prior details.
that said, i do like the movement improvements and particle design. i also think it was smart to make heroes not count for unit cap, adds some dynamism to a game. also the ai are def more challenging, but i like how, at least so far, they are not ridiculous, as most mods improve them by making them into gods.
It's rather SAD!: this version will not be directly supported. Please use the Steam workshop version for up-to-date patches and bugfixes. Other versions of EAW will likely have issues saving and loading.
This comment is currently awaiting admin approval, join now to view.