Pacific Fighters standalone patch version 4.02.
Pacific Fighters v.4.02 (4.02m)
The current version 4.02 (4.02m) is not compatible with the previous versions
of the sim when playing over the network (Online). Both the server and client
must have the appropriate versions in order to connect.
For your convenience, we have introduced different version numbers for the
stand-alone installation and the merged (FB+AEP+PF) install.
4.02 - for stand-alone PF
4.02m - for merged (FB+AEP+PF)
Attention: versions 4.02 and 4.02m are not compatible with each other when
playing over the network (Online).
Patch Installation Instructions (Please read carefully)
The 4.02 patch installs only over 4.01 (PF stand alone).
The 4.02m patch installs only over 4.01m (FB+AEP+PF merged).
In order to install this patch, run the following:
1) For Stand alone: PF_patch402.exe and follow the on-screen instructions.
2) For Merged: PF_patch402m.exe and follow the on-screen instructions.
Please note that the merged version of Pacific Fighter will get all additions
and features that are listed below, while the stand alone installation will
only get the Pacific Fighters-specific ones marked by '*'.
- adjusted ground effect *
- adjusted gyro effect *
- Aerodynamic focus dependency on angle of attack *
- Flap position now affects aileron sensitivity
- P-39 no longer rolls when the engine is started / shut off *
- IAR-80 / 81 trimmer reversed
- BF-109 flight model fine tuned
- various small changes to other aircraft *
- M-105 PF engine
- 515 km/h at sea level
- 360 turn time (sustained) at 1,000 m - 20 sec
- CoG too close to the nose
Notice: This aircraft was released after many requests from online players on
both sides that play historical sets for 1942 Eastern front. It was easy to
release even with our complete lack of time.
P-47D, 1944 *
150 octane and increased boost pressure. Performance almost like P-47M
New AI ground objects
Creators: Ian Boys, Oleg Rozhentsov
Modifications and fixes
There is a large number of small modifications and fixes to the entire code of
We accumulated users input and fixed lots of big and little things in order to
polish our simulation even further. We sincerely thank all our users who were
so helpful in the process!
- Added Fiat CR.42's tail wheel rotation (limited)
- Corrected the probability of the FW-190 catching fire
- Landing gear breaks easier when skidding
Changes to AI:
- formation algorithm *
- take-off *
- landing / taxi *
- Bombing in shallow dive for fighters and fighter-bombers (attack aircraft) *
- Il-2 aiming with rockets
If you have a computer with a Pentium 4 processor, you may occasionally
encounter game lock-ups or crashes to desktop. In order to solve that, copy
your il2_core.dll into the il2_corep4.dll (for example, with the following
command: "copy il2_core.dll il2_corep4.dll"; or, in Windows Explorer, navigate
to your sim installation directory, delete the existing il2_corep4.dll, make a
copy of the il2_core.dll, and rename the copy to il2_corep4.dll)
Corrected the issue on machines with NVidia drivers 72.xx and above, where we
had to work around an NVidia bug that caused parts of objects to disappear.
Special thanks to the third party creators
Skins: Robo and the UBi Skinners forum
Armored train: Martin Kubani, Alexey Stepashko (turret) + Vladimir Kochmarsky
Skin for armored train: Robert Ulbrik, Istvan Csizmadia.