This release will update your game to version 2.6.0.
America's Army: Special Forces (Link-Up)
Release Notes (Version 2.6.0)
New Multiplayer Missions
Included in this version of America's Army are two new
multiplayer missions. One of these missions is an Infantry
mission, the other is a Ranger mission. These two missions
represent the first Infantry and Ranger missions since
'Urban Assault' & 'Woodland Outpost' in v2.3.0. The new
'Dusk' mission is also the first VIP mission since
SF Hospital in v2.0.0.
(75th Ranger Regiment)
Enemy forces have ambushed a small convoy. The convoy
was transporting a friendly Resistance leader who was
carrying highly sensitive information regarding enemy
troop movement and location. Radio contact confirms that
the Resistance leader is still alive and located in an
abandoned building. A squad from the 75th Ranger
Regiment must locate the surviving Resistance leader,
then escort this VIP safely to the extraction point.
(172nd Sep. Infantry BDE)
A known terrorist cell has set up a base of operations
in a small border village. Intelligence reports confirm
they are planning a synchronized bombing strike at
several different civilian landmarks. Intelligence also
reports that high level sensitive information (Precious
Cargo) pertaining to this bombing strike is being kept
at this location. A squad from the 172nd Sep. Infantry
BDE must secure the precious cargo located in this
village and then proceed safely to the extraction point.
New AA Browser (Match-Making System)
This version of America's Army debuts the new
AA Browser (Match-Making System) powered by
Pragmatic Solutions, Inc. The AA Browser enhances
the game experience by providing advanced server
filtering options and stats displays, including:
- Filter by Average Honor (players on server)
- Filter by Geographical Location
- Filter by AA Tour (Ranger, SF, etc.)
- Search by Server Name
- Search by Player Name
Version 2.6 unveils the first phase of functions now
possible with Pragmatic's technology. Additional
AA Browser features will be integrated in future releases.
While the community becomes familiar with the AA Browser,
GameSpy service is still available in-game. This dual
browser option allows for a smooth transition to the new
AA Browser System. Players can switch between
the 2 server browsers by using the pull-down box on
the Deployment>Internet user interface tab.
Any match-making system provides a "close to" real-world
representation of game servers and their players. Due
to the nature of the internet and available technology
there may be differences in server lists and attributes
between AA Browser and Gamespy.
*IMPORTANT NOTE FOR SERVER HOSTS/ADMINS:
UPDATED GAME PORTS:
With the addition of the new AA Master Browser
System (MBS) - there is an additional internet port
that is required to be open for the new MBS to
function properly on AA game servers:
TCP Port 20025 (default value)
This port can be manually configured to any port
you would like to use by changing the following
line in your server ini file:
Thus, the internet ports currently required to
be open for America's Army v2.6 are listed below:
UDP - 1716, 1717, 1718, 8777, 27900
TCP - 20045, 20046, 20025
UDP ports 1716 for the game, 1717 for the gamequery,
1718 for the master server query, 8777 for the
standard UT query, 27900 for GameSpy, TCP ports
20045, 20046 for the Auth server, and 20025 for
the new AA Browser (MBS).
- America's Army no longer officially supports the
Windows 98 or Windows ME operating systems.
- Added new PB Updating utility called pbsetup.exe.
This replaces the old pbweb.exe and is a faster way
to manually update your PB version. This new utility
is named pbsetup.exe and will be located in its own
'pbsetup' folder located in the America's Army
- Added support for forcing disabling of shadows
on all clients (CAL/CPL admins want this since
shadows are exploitable as currently implemented).
New Command Post field added to enable/disable this
- Addition of status of player shadow flag to
tournament results file. Added in a new field to the
tournament results file
("PlayerShadowsAllowedue/False") to indicate
whether or not the tournament allowed player's to
enable shadows during match play. Also added in
display in TM Server Info page to show whether or
not shadows are allowed. Leagues who mandate the
use of this option now have a method to verify it
- Added in two admin centered messages to warn users
when they earn ROE by hitting friendlies or
- Enabled VSync by default.
- Fix for weapon disappearing after treating a
teammate. The fix makes resuming and interrupting
of heal to not cause the gun to go down or up.
- MP Player startup change to better synchronize
player's starting out at beginning of round.
- Disabled 'Pause' function (exploit)
- Fix for "Shake nnnn" bound with "Fire" disabled
recoil bug. (exploit) Adjusted so the only combinations
for the Fire command in a bind are "Fire" and
"Button bFire | Fire". Any other commands bound to
that are stripped out.
- Adjusted the Command Post player list and spectator
list positions to show all 26 players at the same time
on a full server.
- Removed Shotgun from the game.
- Added Playtip when picking up a rifle the player
is unqualified for (i.e. Sniper rifle).
- Discontinued support for reverse stereo.
- Removed outdated icons in server browser.
- Added additional protection for Admin Change
Server Password functionality.
- Updated PunkBuster security code integration.
- Fix for not being able to stand near the 'use'
triggers when crouched.
- Fix for TM not handling tie breaking by score
- Fix for TM Crash when invalid file system characters
used in server name.
- Fix for player list in Command Post reseting every
- Fix for ability to disable ambient sounds with
AmbientVolume - Fix for jumping while Fixing jam.
- Fix for round limit > 20 CP resets rounds to zero.
- Fix for no time units shown for MOTD duration in CP.
- Removed many "Accessed None" warnings and excess
- Fix for CEM meter being too high when player uses
- Fix for player being able to obtain 255 Med Packs
when healing two players at the same time.
- Fixed 'Nearclip' exploit.
- Fixed 'StopSounds' exploit.
- Fixed the AMD incompatibilities experienced
by some (Authentication).
- Fix for Door Breacher locking bug. Now, door
should not open if there is a breacher attached to it.
- Fixed exploit where player is able to gain CEM
bonus for deployed bipod while standing.
- Fix for spacing between player names in menus being
incorrect in spectators box.
- Fix for being able to secure objective without
using the USE key.
- Fix for pawn being able to fire while taking any
- Fix for being able to bleed to death after the
round has ended and before new round begins.
- Fix for Non-PB Official Servers and false name
- Fix for multiple rapid secondary weapon switches
locking the secondary weapon selection.
- Fix for crash when loading a demo, or returning
to the main menu after a demo has played.
- Fix for votekick reason list appearing twice with
bad votekick instruction.
- Fixed rare bug in CEM/Stamina recovery time.
- Fix for slow volume updates and performance issues
relating to faster speed updates.
- Passwords can no longer be accessed using the "get"
- Fix for Score Objectives screen being available
before authorization completes.
- Fixed VIP HUD indicator issues.
- Fix for "Cheater" messages when kicked for
zero-length user name.
- Fix for exploit where the player is able to drop
the carryable objective at spawn points.
- Fix for Admin swap request on last round causing
the loss of TM results.
- Fix for admin command post 3 day ban only issuing
a one day ban.
- Fix for Resume command not working for Super Admin.
- Fix for case of filter strings not being preserved.
- Fix for Banlist tab refreshing.
- Fix for PB "Say" commands no longer working.
- Fixed several rare client crashes.
- Fixed many map bugs (too many to list).
America's Army Server Manager (AASM):
Installation and Uninstallation Notes
To install the new AASM version included in the patch
from v2.5.0 - you must manually install the AASM
after you have successfully patched the game.
This can be done by double clicking the
'AASM 1-3 Setup.exe' located in the
'America's Army\System' directory.
To remove previous installations (or if the install
fails and is unable to automatically remove the
previous version) do the following:
1. Download and install from Microsoft the Windows
Installer Cleanup Utility. You can retrieve it
from Microsoft on this webpage: Support.microsoft.comû;en-us;290301
2. Delete the contents of the AASM folder (unless you are
planning on installing the new AASM 1.3 version provided
with 2.6.0, in which case simply skip this step).
3. Run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and select
the "America's Army Server Manager 1.0" (or 1.1
depending on which version you have installed) from the
list. The utility will remove it from your Add/Remove
For help using AASM please see the provided manual
or press F1 to get help for specific portions of
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.