The patch fixes a lot of game issues that were found. For a complete list take a look at file details.
Universal Combat by 3000 AD - retail v2.00.00 -> v2.00.30 patch
NEW VERSION INFO
1. The GBS-III scripting system is now in the GBSIII folder and no longer
available as a separate download. This version includes a new parser and some
updated system files.
2. FIXED: incorrect height above ground caused units scripted to be above
the ground to sometimes be relocated at ground zero.
3. FIXED: after asset switching to a unit and then docking with a starbase
on the planet, the incorrect Frontend menus were in use. e.g. docking with an
OC OC after asset switching to it from fp mode, would not display the Logistix
4. FIXED: If you set a planet as a jump target (SHIFT+9), then saved the
game while in HJ transit, when the game was restored, the game would crash when
the craft emerges from HJ and about to enter the planet because the planet data
may not be stored in the saved game.
5. FIXED: NPC crafts emerging from planet to space in a region with more
than one planet/moon, would randomly emerge outside the wrong planet/moon they
6. FIXED: If you docked as an SFM with a shuttle asset and selected the
CARGO button, the game would CTD due to special handling required for this
career which was previously not allowed to have an asset.
1. Extensive diagnostics is now logged in the console server only with /d5.
This prevents the server from lagging.
2. FIXED: Requesting a tow ship was selecting a station in the single player
3. FIXED: Some remaining issues related to client towing.
4. FIXED: Some issues with packet transmissions when on a planet which
caused the client to update a unit's position which the server then went back
and reset. This would sometimes cause the units to shift when interacted
(collision, weapons fire etc) with. In the previous (GameCom powered)
multiplayer kernel, the clients were not allowed to update any planetary units
due to the large number of packets which would otherwise be transmitted. This
may still happen in some cases due to lag etc and the only way to fix it for
sure, is to prevent the destruction of any planetary objects; which is probably
not a good idea.
v2.00.30 RC18 (07-27-05)
1. Rolled back a graphics update from RC17 which caused incompatibility
problems on non-shader cards.
2. FIXED: Some localized strings (in LANGUAGE.LNG) in Logistix and Roster
v2.00.30 RC17 (07-19-05)
1. Can now use the CC transporter system when on a planet
2. Revised the target acquisition logic of ground units so that they are
more accurate in acquisition and prosecution. In English, that means expect to
see more SAM missiles.
3. NPC units with independent gun entities will now pitch/yaw to track
targets more accurately. e.g. target an MK2P SAL system, change your
range/altitude so that the TWI symbols are all lit, go into VTOL mode, then
press F10 and watch that target. This code was merged in from UCAWA because it
was something I always wanted to have in UC but never got around to it.
4. Screen shots are now in PNG format.
1. Enabled full packet transmission when on planets. Previously all
planetary units (mobile and stationary) would send packets. However positional
packets are now disabled for all units that cannot change position or
orientation (e.g. buildings). There are no restrictions yet on messages sent by
mobile units that are stationary or whose existence is inconsequentatial to the
player. Provided the player enters the planet at a location remote from bases
packet overload should not occur for people with dial-up.
NOTE: This revision is part 1/2 of the final mp revision targeted for the
final UC patch (see above).
2. A new CD-KEY auth system is now in place. So you will be asked to re-auth
your key one more time. The encrypted key is now stored in the gamekey.ini file
instead of ucmpkey.ini
3. The GameCQ lobby will no longer close when joining a server from within
the lobby. It will now just minimize. If you don't want this behavior, change
this registry key from 1 to 0
4. FIXED: crash when AE exits his CC and attempts to re-enter. This was
happening due to another bug related to multiple mp IDs for an object (the AE
in this case) that was being destroyed twice. This was actually crashing both
the server and client.
5. FIXED: repeated messages during towing ops.
6. FIXED: several issues which crept in the previous update e.g. duplicate
mp IDs for destroyed units.
v2.00.30 RC16 (07-07-05)
1. FIXED: Blending issues on planetary terrain due to latest DirectX9 update
v2.00.30 RC15 (07-03-05)
1. Added updated D3DX files from the April 2005 DirectX 9.0c runtime which
Microsoft forgot to include in previous DirectX 9.0c runtime releases. Look in
the DIRECTX folder of the game install folder and run the DXSETUP.EXE file.
Failure to do this will result in an error about a missing .DLL file when the
game is started.
2. FIXED: A localized string (in LANGUAGE.LNG) in Logistix/Power.
3. FIXED: In the new DirectX 9 update, changing resolutions in Config would
cause a crash when the new resolution change is about to occur.
1. The 3000AD multiplayer lobby app has now been included. Locate the
GameCQsetup.exe file in the game install folder and run it. Read the docs for
more info on how to use it.
2. When a craft is tractoring another, the tractor lock is broken if either
3. ALT+CTRL+T can no longer be used to turn on SOS if a tractoring craft is
4. The shield and armor maximum values which change due to upgrades, is now
reported to server and other clients.
5. FIXED: Some issues related to destroying planetary objects which can be
rebuilt. The state was not propagated to other clients by the server. This
means that you would still see the unit in its original state, instead of in
its (rendered) destroyed state.
v2.00.30 RC14 (06-18-05)
1. FIXED: A localized string (in LANGUAGE.LNG) in Tactical/Loadout/TP was
undefined. There was also one in MISCON.
1. Client ship damage fx are now propagated
2. FIXED: crash which would sometimes occur when a station was resupplied by
NPC crafts (AG)
3. FIXED: server was launching counter-attack NPCs when clients jumped to a
v2.00.30 RC13 (06-08-05)
1. Revised the DJP menu so that it is now grouped by region. This makes it
easier to figure out where you are jumping to.
2. NPC personnel escorts are less likely to fire if they would otherwise hit
3. FIXED: When an object (which can rebuild) on the planet was destroyed and
becomes invisible, you couldn't move past it because it takes a few seconds
before the model is actually removed. Now, collision detect is just disabled
for objects that are in this state.
1. The TLM menus in vehicles (OC crafts) were sometimes not activating.
v2.00.30 RC12 (05-27-05)
1. The MD5 encryption in the LANGUAGE.LNG (was ENGLISH.LNG) file has been
disabled. A bunch of in game strings have been exported to this file allowing
anyone wishing to localize these to their native language, to do so. There are
usually two columns in the file. The column on the left should remain
untouched. Only the right columns should be translated. This is 100%
UNSUPPORTED so please don't ask for tech support. If you do localize a version,
be sure to post notice on the website forum so that others can obtain it.
WARNING: If you are running a localized version (e.g. Russian), before
you apply a new patch, be sure to backup the (Russian) LANGUAGE.LNG file or it
will be overwritten by the English version. After patching, replace the version
added by the patch with the backup version.
2. FIXED: Sometimes error messages were not displayed on screen when the
game was running in full screen mode. e.g. if your CD-KEY was rejected by the
server, you would not see the error message in order to click on it; leading to
the conclusion that the game had crashed.
1. FIXED: The date/time was not being updated in Frontend screens (e.g.
Logistix). This issue also caused the personnel locations to not be updated (in
real time) in Tactical.
v2.00.30 RC11 (05-17-05)
1. FIXED: A localization function call was causing several problems on
foreign machines. e.g. the oceans weren't rendered properly (e.g. in IA0111)
because the incorrect map and texture were being loaded.
1. FIXED: some issues with CD-KEY authentication.
v2.00.30 RC10 (05-12-05)
1. Added extra packet buffering options for (hopefully) better latency.
2. The "server_welcome_message=" string in the ucsetupmp.ini file is now
sent to the connecting player if it contains text.
3. Re-organized and added more server stats to the in game ASE server
188.8.131.52:2302 V:2.00.30.09 BL:1.5Mbps MC:NO LIMIT ST:20 SD:20
v2.00.30 RC9 (05-07-05)
1. The DIE radar range restriction in space has been removed. The previous
range of 5000m caused targets to not be tracked in the NID/TRS radar systems.
This also affected multiplayer.
2. FIXED: misinterpreted keys in the single player game authentication
1. Server created auto-gen crafts now send reposition packets if they are in
a space region. Server objects send additional packets after moving to another
region; which allows clients to track them even when those regions are not
being monitored. These addresses an issue whereby AG crafts were sometimes not
being updated on servers with AG enabled.
THIS NEEDS FURTHER EXTENSIVE TESTING!!!
2. Enabled the ability for stations to launch ALERT 5 crafts at detected
3. Implemented some bandwidth tweaks from the latest ReplicaNet v5.1 SDK.
v2.00.30 RC8 (04-25-05)
1. Disabled the game authentication system in single player version.
1. The alliance matrix is now sent to all clients at the same time. This
solves an issue whereby the server version of the alliance matrix differed from
the client version. When this happens e.g. Vesperon/Military assets on the
clients will not appear to be hostile to Terran/Military.
2. If the AE leaves his CC (e.g. to enter a support craft), the status is
now set to "deployed" instead of "unknown" by the server. In this sample chat
log, the AE moved to a support craft, then launched the support craft and flew
it to a new region.
Wed Apr 21 10:22:17 2005 SERVER (GCV-Warmonger) entered hyperspace
Wed Apr 21 10:23:09 2005 SERVER TER/MIL Derek Smart (deployed) moved from
MP_CASTRINZ to MP_SOMARISZ
3. FIXED: misinterpreted keys (e.g. up/down arrows) in chat window and
CD-KEY prompt dialog
v2.00.30 RC7 (04-23-05)
1. Due to potential "Right of First Sale" issues, the server based
authentication system for the single player, has been disabled. This will allow
users to sell their old copies of the game if they want to, without the buyer
not being able to use it because of the server side CD-KEY authentication.
2. Ground avoidance system avoids pull up when velocity is very small as
this indicates a hovering state whereby the craft should really level out
instead of pulling up (see below).
3. When not performing a pull up ground avoidance (due to AOA restrictions
or low speed) and in HALT state, the craft will instead perform a level out.
This prevents craft settling at strange attitudes.
4. FIXED: Due to a fix in v2.00.25, crafts positioned on the decks of naval
units (e.g. carrier and assault craft) were attempting to take off and land
because they were slightly offset from the deck of the craft.
5. FIXED: Prior rule changes prevent craft in HALT state (which includes
gunships in scenes) from falling under gravity (they hover instead). This
prevents them from attaching to a naval carrier because the deck of the carrier
will sink into the water, moving away from the craft which hover above the
deck. The hover condition is now disabled long enough to allow craft to fall
onto the deck and attach.
6. FIXED: some naval units were placed on the seabed instead of floating at
sea level. This bug was due to revisions to the LCACs (which can drive on land
and sea without sinking) dynamics model which is also shared by other naval
7. FIXED: The fatal error message box now displays correctly when running in
fullscreen mode. The ucFatalError.log file is also written to disk and contains
the error description.
1. Added additional player info to SHIFT-ESC online clients display
id, xpid/lciid, race/caste, career, player name, asset name, asset
type, rank, EP, region
2. FIXED: "Logged On" data in the chat log window after respawn reflected
the previous launch base/station
3. FIXED: Region for other players not displaying correctly in the SHIFT+ESC
online clients list
4. FIXED: some incorrectly interpreted characters when entering text in chat
5. FIXED: Problem entering server password when connecting using in-game
6. FIXED: player (client) name not displayed in chat window when message
7. FIXED: some data not being recorded in chat log files
1. The single player game now uses the same server based authentication
system as the multiplayer game. An internet connection and a valid CD-KEY is
required in order to authenticate the game.
Note that the CD-KEY will need to be authenticated once only. From that
point on - and as long as the CD-KEY exists on the computer - no further
authentication is performed unless the game folder is deleted after
uninstalling the game.
2. FIXED: Some rendering anomalies related to texture blending on coastal
3. FIXED: Going to CONFIG via the bridge COMMAND tab menu and exiting, would
quit the game. This is related to a fix made in 2.00.27.
1. Minor revision to planetary fogging.
2. FIXED: If you were standing on the DJP model when you activated it, you
would sometimes not be transported to the new destination. This was happening
because the DJP model is a support structure.
1. The online clients (SHIFT+ESC) list now displays the Experience Points
for all clients on the server
2. FIXED: problem with chat log sometimes not being updated after respawning
3. FIXED: client Experience Points were not displayed in the server browser
4. FIXED: a crash on the console server after repeated client connects
1. FIXED: Going to Config from within any frontend system (e.g. Navitron) in
the game, would prevent exiting back to the previous system.
1. The UCServerConfig tool has been updated to take into account recent
multiplayer config revisions
2. If the client has no valid cached CD key, then the CD key entry and
validation is now done as soon as the multiplayer client starts. This prevents
the need to first join one of our official mp servers in order to validate a
CD-KEY for hosting Net or LAN games.
1. Players can now be banned from the server using the Remote Server Admin
app. This tool will not be released to the public at this time.
2. The in-game browser now displays the player name, asset name and
experience points when you select a server.
1. You can now delete the current waypoint using X if the NID has focus and
WRS is the current mode
2. FIXED: You can now delete all Tacops waypoints. Previously you could only
delete the first six waypoints.
3. FIXED: Destroying a mining drone object in the 3D world (e.g. when
destroyed) was sometimes not setting its state to being destroyed, causing it
to still be listed in Tactical as being active.
4. FIXED: Some craft units within planet scenes were slightly offset from
the ground, causing them to be pitched up when the scene was loaded.
5. FIXED: Personnel units will now pick a random (of four) dynamic waypoints
when recovering from a collision. This seems to solve the problem with them
repeatedly colliding with an object that is in front of them, and being unable
to avoid it.
6. FIXED: misaligned power level bars in the cockpit at high resolutions
1. FIXED: a crash would sometimes occur when you end up in a region with a
debris field. e.g. using the flx-20 in Vega Eridani/Alteris
1. Changed disconnection detection and how transmission propagation deals
with old connections.
2. Removed a workaround for the bandwidth settings. A value of zero really
does mean no limit now.
3. Added IP address to the online clients list display.
4. When the USCDEBUG.LOG file gets to be 100MB, it gets copied to a
sequential filename e.g. UCSDEBUG001.LOG, UCSDEBUG002.LOG etc etc. The existing
UCSDEBUG.LOG file then gets deleted and re-created. It is then up to the server
op to either delete or manually archive the sequential files.
5. FIXED: A bug in the transmission code which would sometimes cause a
recursive loop on the server.
1. FIXED: problem reconnecting to the server after quitting (ALT+Q).
1. Revised the attack matrix in order to prevent stations from launching too
many cap ships when under attack, since this will cause more fighters to be in
2. Changed display fonts to Tahoma due to localization issues
3. When a craft is in HALT state and in the air, it no longer falls to the
ground due to gravity (assuming engine integrity is greater then 25%). So when
egressing the CC on a planet, it remains in place instead of briefly pitching
up (employing ground avoidance) and back down.
4. The ground avoidance pull-up (pitch up) maneuver is disabled if the craft
is not "in flight", i.e if it is simply falling under gravity. A craft is "in
flight" if the AOA (Angle Of Attack) is less than about 45 degrees.
5. A craft that is resting on the ground but not attached to it due to the
terrain height not being known when the object is created initially, has a
downward velocity due to gravity which now exceeds the 45 degree AOA limit. So
it should no longer perform a pull-up maneuver.
6. FIXED: The Mission Zone menu list now overrides the default 99 menu item
limit which prevents some zones being lost from the list
1. Ported the networking protocol from GameCom to ReplicaNet; resulting in
VAST improvements in the networking code.
2. Removed the 56K transmission cap. Packet transmission is now scaled
according to user settings in the server browser. The INI file variable that
controls this is "MPConnectSpeed". NOTE: that if you are connecting from the
commandline, you need to first run the in-game browser, make your connection
selections (by choosing the appropriate box), connect to the server, then
disconnect. This will add the correct values to the UCSETUP.INI file which will
then be used when you connect to the server from the commandline. Or you can
always edit the INI file directly using Notepad. For appropriate values, refer
to the DOCS\UCSERVERCONFIG.PDF file.
3. Limited the max client connection type using "server_maxconnection" value
set in UCSETUPMP.INI The client uses what the server says to use if the server
requires lower bandwidth from a client.
4. Limited kilobits (Kbps) packets sent to/from the server depending on
bandwidth using "server_bandwidth_limit" value set in UCSETUPMP.INI.
5. Various tweaks in order to smooth out transmissions for 56K modem clients
joining servers with predominantly broadband clients. 56K modem uses MUST use
the "modem" setting!
6. Revised and updated DOCS\UC_MANUAL_REVISIONS.PDF (section 13.1).
7. The CD-KEY is now requested and checked when a client attempts to login
to a server. You have three chances to enter the correct key before you are
disconnected from the server. If the server detects a duplicate key, the key
will be rejected, logged and the client already online using the same key, will
also be ejected. The key will no longer be allowed to login. So, bear this in
mind if you even think of joining a server with a stolen key, your Grandma's
key or otherwise.
Note that regardless of the game type (LAN or Internet), your CD-KEY will
need to be authenticated once only. From that point on - and as long as the
CD-KEY exists on your machine - you will not be prompted again. If you
uninstall and re-install and decide to join a multiplayer game, you will need
to re-authenticate your CD-KEY.
8. Added +up and +down command line parameters. These specify bits per
second for up and down connection speeds. The config file conection speed is
ignored if these are set. So using the following, will configure a DSL type
connection. Use these parameters ONLY when you want to fine tune your
connection settings. The following will configure a DSL type of connection.
+up 128000 +down 512000
9. FIXED: If you connect to a password server using the in-game browser,
after you enter the correct password and have pressed enter, the dialog would
re-appear, even though the password was in fact correct.
10. FIXED: The online clients list will now be updated with your location
when you switch regions. Note that this list will NOT display the new location
of other clients as this will prevent stealth and strategic tactics for
opposing sides, if everyone knew where they were headed. Only their initial
location upon connecting to the server will be displayed.
11. FIXED: repeatedly refreshing the in-game browser would sometimes cause a
1. FIXED: Landing on a planet without first setting a waypoint and exiting
the craft in fp mode, would cause the weapon in the commander's hands to
jitter. This can be cleared by going to Tacops, viewing the map, and returning
to the fp view.
2. FIXED: switching to a SAM unit in fp mode and manually firing its
missiles will no longer cause the missile to collide with the terrain.
3. FIXED: The name of the explosion preset used for buildings on the planet
was wrong. This caused the explosions to not be played unless the building was
designed to collapse into the ground when destroyed.
1. NPC fighters will no longer resupply stations when they dock there. Only
cap ships should be able to do this.
1. FIXED: When AG ships (on a server with AG active) docked with a station
and attempted to resupply, the server would crash because this feature is not
supported in multiplayer.
1. You can now issue dock orders to scripted NPC marines using the Team
Orders Menu. Note that if you issue this order to NPC personnel who are NOT
your assets, they will be removed from the world and cannot later be created.
If you issue this order to your own support personnel (Commander career) and
the dock target is one of your assets (e.g. CC, vehicle, shuttle etc), they
will dock as normal and appear in the manifest.
2. There is now a limit to the number of NPC marines which can be generated
in a planetary scene. This prevents too many marines being created (thereby
causing a performance issue) when you deploy marines to a scene or when you DJP
from one mzone scene to another. e.g. if you had four marines escorting you and
you beamed to or jumped to a scene in which several objects (e.g. bunker,
barracks etc) detected you; each object that detects you will previously launch
two marines per detected threat (you + four marines). This can easily amount to
lots of marines in the scene.
3. Revised and updated DOCS\UC_MANUAL_REVISIONS.PDF (section 3.7)
1. Most Windows keys are now ignored when the game is running in full screen
mode using sample code introduced in the October release of the DirectX 9 SDK
by Microsoft. I guess they finally figured out that this was a serious problem
with games that run in full screen exclusive mode. This however will probably
only work on WIN2K and WINXP and possibly with WIN98. It most definitely won't
work on WIN95, which you shouldn't be running anyway! WARNING: This doesn't
always work; so use at your own risk!!
2. Navitron is now accessible in IA scenarios. Was previously disabled back
when IA scenarios did not feature the Commander career. Navitron is still not
accessible in multiplayer because it uses a different galaxy that Navitron does
3. The max range of planetary first person VTT tags reduced from 250m to
25m. Makes combat on planets more challenging if you have to look around to see
who is putting bullets in your cranium.
4. Combat Kills for all career types are now displayed in COMMLINK when the
IA scenario ends. Was previously only recorded for pilot careers.
5. The asset name (if any) is now displayed in COMMLINK/STATS for IA
6. Revised and updated DOCS\UC_MANUAL_REVISIONS.PDF (sections 2.1, 3.6)
7. Revised and updated several appendix pages related to crafts.
8. FIXED: Animated jump anomalies (flux field and wormhole) not rendered in
the VDD/VID display. This seems to have been broken in 2.00.15 patch as a
result of recent graphics optimizations.
9. FIXED: Unable to take off from naval carrier in some cases.
10. FIXED: Seams sometimes noticed on terrain slopes.
11. FIXED: Mouse auto-scrolling in Navitron.
1. The tactical jink layer in the NPC flight dynamics which enables engaged
NPC crafts to alter their flight path in order to better evade inbound laser
shots, has now been disabled. This was disabled in the single player game in
2.00.15 in order to make dogfighting a bit easier. In multiplayer, it cannot be
enabled using shortcuts, like you can in single player.
1. Rebuilt all scripts because some people reported problems with some
scenarios in the previous patch version. This absolutely, positively invalidate
all previous saved games starting with v2.00.14.
* SAD, SEAD and CAP now accept an optional numeric class parameter.
i.e in addition to
SAD [region] [class]
...the following is also valid.
# class 11 is the LPAD as defined in OBJDEFS.SCR
This restricts the object to selecting from only the specified class
for targets until no more can be found. The object then reverts to
selecting any target class.
The object must have selected a target of the restricted class at least
once before it can revert to selecting from any class.
start on_planet earth earth00[sbase] 177.022 51.844 0 0
navigate this earth earth00[sbase] 181.743 53.680 0 wp1
broadcast "TANGO-00: REACHED WAYPOINT. ENGAGING DETECTED LAUNCH PADS"
* DOCKWITH 'object' [vanish|deactivate] is accepted. The object remains
(inactive) at the dock position when deactivate form is used, which requires
the script to relocate and re-activate the object at the appropriate time.
start inactive on_planet earth earth00[sbase] 177.180 51.469 0 0
dockwith f2 vanish
broadcast "SAM: I have entered the vehicle and vanished"
* Added new checks in order for an object to detect another using a
IF HERE 'object' 'range' THEN...
IF HERE PLAYER 'range' THEN...
IF HERE BC 'range' THEN...
The HERE condition is true when the object is less than 'range' meters from
object in scope. (the limits of range are 1 to 65535 meters)
As previously, if the range is not specified or is 0, then the condition is
when the objects share the same region.
start on_planet earth earth00[sbase] 177.218 51.682 0 0
IF HERE player 250 THEN
broadcast "TANGO-00: I can detect the player within 250m"
IF HERE player 5 THEN
broadcast "TANGO-00: I can detect the player within 5m"
broadcast "TANGO-00: I cannot detect the player"
#check for player today and at two minute intervals
1. The tactical jink layer in the NPC flight dynamics which enables engaged
NPC crafts to alter their flight path in order to better evade inbound laser
shots, has now been disabled by default in order to make dogfighting a bit
easier. To enable it, just add the -J or /J commandline parameter to the game
2. Increased the speed when running backwards. Also added support for
walking left/right while crouched.
3. Minor adjustments to character first person weapon view POV
4. The IVM mode of the DIE is now a lot brighter during extremely dark
5. Revised the model preload option so that it is only called during the
first run of the game.
6. The turret shots are no longer rendered in the front view. It looks odd
on crafts (e.g. Starcruiser) which had forward mounted turrets that were ahead
of the cockpit view vector.
7. The bitmap for the current scene, displayed in the first person HUD has
now been disabled because it is too expensive for what it does. This results in
an average increase of +8 fps in most cases.
8. Units will now perform collision avoidance tests on support structures
(i.e. those you can walk/land on) in order to minimize the possibiliy of
getting stuck inside one (at low frame rates during which a collision is not
detected fast enough). This is not perfect, but minimizes the problem.
By default, this type of avoidance is disabled. To enable it, add /A or
-A (uppercase!) to the program shortcut.
When enabled, in some rare cases (e.g. buildings with complex
structures), the units will perform several path tests in order to navigate
around the building and this can cause them to take a bit longer to navigate
around it, instead of just walking/driving over it.
9. The Missile/Mine filter in the VDD/RTM is now disabled by default in
order to declutter the TRS threat display. If you want to see these threats in
the TRS, you need to enable the filter. Note also that the F7/F8 missile view
keys will not work unless this filter is enabled.
10. FIXED: If you armed a grenade and didn't throw it, when you switch back
to a weapon, you couldn't fire it without first holstering and re-equiping the
11. FIXED: personnel units without jetpacks and which end up in the air will
now drop to the ground under gravity.
12. FIXED: Going to the Config screen while flying around in the game world,
would sometimes introduce some corruption in the display. You really shouldn't
be running Config from within the game (only from the main menu) anyway;
because with each change, you have to exit the game entirely and restart in
order for them to take effect.
Some saved games will be invalidated by this patch but the patch will not
delete any existing saved games because only certain types are invalidated.
1. Implemented an Altitude Hold System, AHS, which assists in instances
where you are attempting to fly to a distant location, don't want to use a
waypoint and you want the craft to remain at a specified altitude. It also
helps when flying around in the dark on open terrain; because the craft will
climb the highest peak to get past above it, then descend down to the preset
[lower] altitude. For more information, refer to p6 of the manual revisions PDF
The new IA0121 and IA0122 scenarios take place in very hilly terrain and
can be used to test this feature.
2. Revised the terrain rendering pipeline. It should look a lot better now
and a bit faster. Also, the flickering on coastal terrain titles has probably
been eliminated on all video cards.
3. Revised the texture garbage collection so that it takes longer before it
flushes model textures to make room for new ones. This significantly improves
processing on the terrain, especially when flying over dense (with 3D models)
scenes which used to cause repeated pausing and stuttering as older textures
are flushed in order to load new ones.
4. Revised the target acquisition and prosecution logic for planetary Enemy
Air Defense (EAD) units such as SAMs, SALs etc. They will now aggressively
engage threats and are better equipped to dynamically adjust their acquisition
cone when engaging airborne targets. Expect to see a LOT of SAM missiles as
well as SAL laser fire if you're not flying NOE (Nap Of the Earth) while
5. Added two new IA0121, IA0122 planet based scenarios which show how the
new AHS works.
6. All ground structures can now be destroyed by gunfire. Previously some
could only be destroyed by missiles.
7. The MipMapping Config option has been removed; so this is always on by
8. Updated DOCS\APPENDIX\FPITEMS.HTML and removed the inventory items that
were not implemented in multiplayer. Also updated several files in
DOCS\APPENDIX with links to the history section. The DOCS\UC_TUTORIAL.PDF and
DOCS\UC_MANUAL_REVISIONS.PDF files were also updated to reflect new entries.
The tutorial has eight more pages in which a new tutorial is between p62-69. Be
sure to read the revised p1.
9. FIXED: The supply station would sometimes not re-arm some careers (e.g.
10. FIXED: a slight graphics glitch which would cause text to be left on the
screen when switching from/to the Options screen from the main menu.
11. FIXED: Destroyed buildings on the planet will now sink into the terrain
when destroyed and textured correctly when rebuilding (as they rise up from the
1. The CC is now added to the recently ordered list if orders are issued
from the COMMAND CRAFT/ORDERS tab in the main cockpit HUD.
2. If the AE attempts to asset switch to his FC with a pilot on board, the
pilot first leaves the FC to make space. The pilot is then marked for EVAC.
This allows the AE to now assume control of any of his deployed (not in space!)
fighters by ordering them to first land, then asset switching to them.
3. The Tacops waypoint buttons SETPOS and TARGET are now enabled according
to the orders setting.
4. The Tacops waypoint target crosshair is now visible at all zoom factors
except planet global map level.
5. Characters now disarm weapons before performing a gesture, they now rearm
with the weapon they were holding (if any).
6. Increased the planetary terrain visibilty from 9.6km to 20.0km
7. CTRL+T hotkey can now be used to toggle the PTA turrets on/off
8. Added new DOCS\APPENDIX\PLANET.HTML file created by Pugwash
9. Revised and updated DOCS\UC_MANUAL_REVISIONS.PDF (p4,p8,p15)
10. Revised and updated DOCS\UC_TUTORIAL.PDF (p57). The tips section at the
end of this document have also been removed and are now contained in a new
11. FIXED: Attempting to collect cargo pods using any asset other than your
own, will cause a crash. You can no longer collect cargo using an asset that is
not part of your support crafts; so this logic is now disabled.
12. FIXED: Added check for the AE located in a vehicle that is in the shuttle
when the latter docks with the CC. If the AE is present in the vehicle then the
logic is now set correctly so that Tactical/Logistix work as intended (i.e.
with the full CC interface access, instead of the limited OC/SC access).
13. FIXED: Trying to give your asset an order to take you from planet to an
object in space (e.g. RTB, ESCORT, ATTACK, DEFEND, FLY TO) causes instant
planetfall without entering space. If the asset is in the moon it does
planetfall to the planet instead the moon.
To resolve conflicting requirements, the automatic egress is now
performed only when the A/P is engaged and the player craft has LEAVE_PLANET
tactical state (which would be appropriate when ordered to interact with some
object in the surrounding space region).
14. FIXED: When deploying from a vehicle, player crew would be created with
the default NPC loadouts in some cases. This prevents a deployed pilot from
selecting a weapon.
15. FIXED: The ammo loadout for the NPC pilot's SCAT2 pistol was incorrect.
1. If you engage units while your SOS emitter is active, they will now
designate you as a hostile target and engage you. Previously, they would not
engage you because of the SOS emitter being on. Remember, once this happens,
the NPC unit will not forget about the previous transgression and will engage
you henceforth; even in multiplayer.
2. The Commander career can now asset switch to gunships, fighters and
shuttles which are not part of his CC support craft complement. You cannot dock
these assets with your CC, so don't even think about it.
3. Violations for docking at a legal station with illegal items in cargo are
now only for Terran/Military and Terran/Earthcom players. Previously,
violations were given for others e.g. Gammulan/Military.
4. Moved Flux Field 19 out of planet GAMMA-1
5. Revised and updated DOCS\WAYPOINT ORDERS.PDF
6. Major improvement in tree model rendering on planets. In some cases
(where the CPU is the limiting factor), fps increased by about +85 fps
7. Extensively overhauled the character pathfinding around objects on
planets which now prevents them from being stuck or repeatedly colliding with
some types of objects blocking their path.
8. Implemented ability for transports to deploy probes as the missile tags
are no longer used for probe launches.
9. Revised probe launches in order to minimize their colliding with the CC
during the launch phase. They are now launched using the /POD instead of
10. Implemented ability for probes to use hyperspace. Will reduce transit
times. They have a 30 secs jump transit time and a 15 secs jump recharge time.
11. The rules regarding the mass of an object being propaged along a tow
chain have been relaxed; making it possible to daisy chain towed ships and
still be able to jump.
12. If a ship is being tractored, its contrails are now turned off
13. FIXED: Some crafts flying within the vicinity of stations can get stuck
inside their structures (e.g. TYPE 0 and 1 stations) because they cannot change
direction fast enough in order to find a suitable exit route from within the
structure. The same can happen to some slow crafts operating around cities
(which have closely packed buildings). This issue cannot be entirely prevented,
as it depends on the craft's flight dynamics and profile.
14. FIXED: If you docked with dead engineers, a crash will occur when the
system attempts to take your system engineers off station in order to assign
station engineers to your CC. The problem is with taking the dead engineers off
station. Until this is fixed, don't dock with dead system engineers.
15. FIXED: In some rare instances, systems under repair/upgrade would cause
their status and integrity to fluctuate if the game was improperly saved (using
Quick Save) and restored. Since Quick Save and Auto Save (on exit) are now only
used in cheat and debug modes, this problem should not occur otherwise.
16. FIXED: Exploit resulting from use of the Team Orders Menu on an invalid
1. Revised the icons used in the in game browser. They now use the same
2. Removed obsolete and unused options from server config tool. This patch
will reset your UCSETUPMP.INI file to the default values. You then need to
reconfigure it post patch.
3. The NPC threat assessment and prosecution matrix is now enabled in mp.
This allows NPC units (e.g. stations, carriers) etc to launch support units
when engaged. This could seriously clutter the server depending on the number
of clients playing, so it is a server side config named "NPC Defense Matrix"
and should really only be used for co-op sessions. This feature is disabled on
4. If you launch from a station which happens to be in the same region as
another (e.g. you are playing as Ter/Ins and launch from Antilles), you may be
relocated closer to the other station (the Mul/Rai Rangon station in the same
region) and ultimately be destroyed by the station, since raiders will attack
anything. Whats happening is that when a client joins the server, the server
will start sending it info about all objects in the region. Then it will launch
the client from the first station (it only expects one station in the region)
it finds and at a random distance (in order to prevent multiple launch clients
colliding) from it. So, since Rangon and Antilles are in the same region, if
the server sees Rangon first, thats the one it will use as the launch location
because it doesn't have any logic that says not to launch a client from near
any hostile station. Now, all MULtinational entities are resolved at both the
race/caste level, making the MUL/RAI neutral to TER/INS.
5. Previously when you deployed, the server would launch you from the first
station it finds in the region. This is not desirable in regions (e.g. ROVARIX)
with more than one station. Now, you are launched from the station you
selected; and the station won't deploy you in the game world until it finds
6. FIXED: If you dock at a station, the information in Tradcom/Info is now
This patch will delete ALL detected saved games which were created using
the unsupported Quick Save feature
1. Revised DOCS\APPENDIX\NAVLINKS.HTML. There was an invalid jump link
between Scorpia and Herin.
2. The quick save (CTRL+Q) feature has once again been disabled
3. If ground units (e.g. mining drones) end up under the terrain for
whatever reason, they will now be warped upright.
4. The nuclear and solar reactors are no longer tagged as support
structures, thereby preventing anything from landing on or driving over them.
5. The bunkers will no longer appear in the list of radar emitting targets.
6. Revised the NPC threat assessment and prosecution matrix. What the hell
does this mean? You'll see.
7. NPC carriers and stations can once again launch Space Force Marines
8. The three reserved (SAD2, INTERCEPT2, ESCORT2) FC assignment/weapon
profiles, previously only available in Tacops/Waypoint setting, are now
available in Tactical/Launch.
9. FIXED: The Victory starstation (type 1) had fewer turret definitions than
model tags. The type 5 and 8 stations had duplicate turret tags. These could
lead to unexplainable problems.
10. FIXED: Sometimes if a character collided with an object containing a
polygon with a low angle (e.g. front of ZX15), the character would be warped
under the unit while being bounced back. This can cause it to end up under the
unit and subsequently under the terrain.
1. NPC crafts will no longer launch escape pods (shuttles) when destroyed,
as this just clutters the server.
2. Added EarthCom as playable caste for the Terran race. As in single
player, this caste can launch and operate from any Terran/Military
3. Revisions to mp galaxy as well as station/base distribution as follows.
The GALAXY_MAP_LINKS_MP.JPG image has also been updated to reflect this.
Foron region is now Mixed/Raider alliance
Junae region is now Mixed/Trader alliance
Irax (Vesperon/Military) station removed
Polox (Mixed/Raider) station moved to Foron
Velran station is now Mixed/Trader alliance
Last Stop (Mixed/Trader) station moved to Neutral Zone region.
Guardstar (Terran/Military) station added in Junae region
Eterna (Terran/Military) station added in Neutral Zone region
Antilles (Terran/Insurgent) station added in Rovarix region
Planetary base revions:
All bases on Junae are now divided between Terran/Military and
All bases on Rovarix are now divided between Terran/Military and
All bases on Foron are now Mixed/Raider alliance
There are now two Terran/Insurgent bases on Gendar
Terran/Military Fleet station distribution:
Paladian - Prime Fleet
Victory - Orion Fleet
Guardstar - ISS Fleet
Eterna - Wraith Fleet
Terran/Insurgent Fleet station distribution:
Farpoint - Spectre Fleet
Resilient - Eversor and Balor Fleets
Antilles - Bishamon Fleet
There are currently no established or official Vesperon, Empirian or
The traders and raiders do not have fleets. But raiders with organizations
(e.g. The Devil's Hand) operate from wherever they like as they have
stations to operate from.
1. Revised the "ASSET SWITCHING & USAGE - AIR/SPACE CRAFTS" section of the
UC_TUTORIAL.PDF game tutorial.
1. FIXED: When turrets were firing and a client was moving from one region
to the next, a crash would sometimes occur on the client.
1. An extensive eighty page tutorial is now included in the UC_TUTORIAL.PDF
file located in the DOCS folder where the game is installed. This is
accompanied by an extensive tutorial scenario.
2. Revised section 3.5, 3.6, 4.0, 8.1, of UC_MANUAL_REVISIONS.PDF
3. If a craft is landing and performing a yaw turn (circling), the craft is
forced to decend and does so at a much faster rate. This assists the shuttles
and gunships so that when intercepting waypoints, they don't spend too much
time in this landing profile.
4. Tweaking the terrain detail mesh handling for objects. Should make things
a bit faster and smoother.
5. FIXED: Transporting the AE once and then attempting to deploy again would
cause a crash.
6. FIXED: When AE uses an asset, on exit his armor is set to what it was
before entering the asset. It also is limited to the starting armor.
7. FIXED: When the game is saved, the AE armor is stored in the save game
file if he is currently in an asset. WARNING: This invalidates all saved games
in which a player was previously deployed and is now in an asset. So to
preserve the old save games, you should load the game with the previous game
version, deploy the AE (planet or space), then save and quit the game. This
will bring it into compliance with this update. You can then apply this patch.
8. FIXED: There was no message in Tacops if you attempted to evac a person
using the transporter and the TO or CE were not on-station. There was a message
if you were attempting deployment however.
1. The CC personnel will now appear in the "support units" target filter
(like crafts), making it easier to locate your own troops - especially on the
2. Moved the cockpit tag of the Nightstar slightly forward
3. Reduced the speed of the Space Force Marine's jetpack from 250 to 100 m/s
4. FIXED: The commander texture was not being set correctly when the
set_career script command was used in a script (e.g. in IA scenario scripts)
5. FIXED: The new fighter craft weapon profiles in the Tacops waypoint tab
were not translated correctly.
6. FIXED: Attempting hyperjump with an object in tow would introduce a long
delay while the system waits for all objects in the tow chain to disappear
(since all objects will not disappear if being towed and in hyperspace).
1. Changed the skybox type in the Boranis system
2. Changed the "unknown" name of jump gates to the Neutral Zone, to "NZone"
3. Added the station "name (type)" to the GALAXY_MAP_LINKS_MP.JPG image in
the appendix. Note: I can't imagine anyone playing on an mp server without a
printed copy of this map.
1. Revised section 4.2 and 13.1 of UC_MANUAL_REVISIONS.PDF
2. Crafts now bleed speed in yaw turns in space as well as on the planet
3. Logic that prevented pitch maneuvers for shuttles on a planet is now
disabled in space
4. In space, when an objective is vertically above or below from the
perspective of an object, it is encouraged to perform a pitch maneuver
5. If an object is ordered to tow another object it no longer stops moving
when near the objective if it has not yet obtained a tractor lock
6. If you attempted to tow a cargo pod while flying the craft (shuttle/cc),
you will be prompted to transfer the cargo pod contents (if any).
7. The towed object and tow lines are no longer visible when in hyperspace
8. FIXED: Personnel not visible in TACOPS.
1. FIXED: Pressing CTRL+Q to quick save the game would cause a crash. You
can't save multiplayer games.
2. FIXED: When a client info is cleared from the server (quits, destroyed,
spawning), the data is now cleared. This solves the problem where if you were
playing as TER/MIL and then quit and logged back on as TER/RAI (without
quitting to the OS), your stats were still showing as TER/MIL to other clients.
1. FIXED: Turrets on some crafts (e.g. on the Nightstar carrier) were not
firing due to the turret assuming it would hit its own ship if it fired at a
1. Minor tweaks to NPC auto-generation (spawning) parameters
1. Cargo pods created when ships are destroyed, can now contain between 5 to
10 items, instead of 1 to 10. Also revised to reduce the probability of emtpy
pods (perfectly normal) being created. Don't forget, a shuttle will not collect
an empty pod. So use the VDD/SMD mode to scan and make sure it contains
something before dispatching a shuttle.
2. Increased the min/max cargo displacement for pods generated when objects
are destroyed, to 150/650. This allows the pods to contain more interesting
objects. Previously the min/max values were 50/450 which means that any item
that has a cargo displacement (see data\items.ini) higher than 450, would never
appear in a generated pod.
1. FIXED: spurious server crash when a station was destroyed
2. FIXED: spurious server crash when an object was destroyed by turrets
1. FIXED: If an object performing a pursuit loses it's objective it can now
revert to a new navigate or target search state where previously it would get
stuck in a vertical pitch up state
1. Added message to indicate when a client docks at a station.
2. Modified dock/launch messages to indicate station name if possible
3. If the server received a destroy_object message it will report that an
object was destroyed and by what.
4. The destroy object message has an additional flag that indicates that a
destroyed chat message should not be generated. This is set when a player
disconnects or quits, which destroys all his assets.
5. The predicted position of a tractored object is no longer predicted from
the tractored object but from the towing object. Position update packets of a
tractored object are no longer sent as the position can be calculated from the
6. If a remote object is towing a local object, all the local objects
properties are now updated locally. Previously they were not updated at all.
7. Tractor alignment no longer has a positional time lag (until tractor
problems are fixed this simplifies debugging). Previously the tractored object
would lag the tractor point slightly so when the tractor is accelerating the
tractored object would fall behind the tractor slightly (except in hyperspace,
where the lag is always disabled due to the high degree of acceleration)
8. All navigation control functions are now disabled for the towed client.
This may inhibit use of weapons while being tractorted.
9. FIXED: when using a Frontend system (e.g. Tactical, Logistix), messages
would not be processed or issued (especially on faster systems).
10. FIXED: After a remote client docks, the asset craft name appears as
"unknown" or "()"
11. FIXED: When a client support craft enters hyperspace the server
incorrectly reports it as the clients craft.
12. FIXED: The objective displayed at the bottom of the CVD sometimes
indicates the CVD object has itself as objective.
13. FIXED: If a client is tractoring a local object other clients will not
observe the tractor beams as the tractored object is not accepted as
tractorable (e.g not emitting SOS) and no lock will occur. Provided both
tractor and tractored objects are remote, the lock is now assumed to be valid.
14. FIXED: If the player exit and then re-enters an asset, a chat message to
the effect that the player was destroyed was issued.
1. Updated section 4.2 in the UC_MANUAL_REVISIONS.PDF file
2. Revised the Megaron carrier's support crafts loadout.
3. FIXED: The ASSETS.INI file was out of synch with some upgrade entries in
the ITEMS.INI file, resulting in incorrect shield/reactor artifact upgrades
being listed in Logistix.
1. FIXED: A time synch problem related to the position of the two objects.
2. FIXED: Units (e.g. starbases) created on the planet with "on_planet
this_region" directive were searching for routes though they can't move. This
eats up AI processing time.
1. When the SOS emitter (CTRL+ALT+T) is on, "SOS" is now displayed on the FP
HUD status bar
2. FIXED: Tractor beam was hard to lock-on when used in certain crafts
1. FIXED: Sometimes messages sent by the server are logged and decoded in
the chat message window as being sent by other clients. There may still be
others. They too will be removed as they are discovered.
2. FIXED: When a player in Commander career launches support crafts, they
were not visible to other clients or the [graphical] server.
3. FIXED: Tractor beam didn't lock-on. Remember, in mp you cannot tractor
any other craft unless they have their SOS emitter in broadcast mode. i.e. if
you want to tow another player, they should first manually activate their
emitter using CTRL+ALT+T, then they can be towed.
4. FIXED: Strobe and blink timers not updated on server (causes SOS circle
to remain fixed at TTD size)
1. FIXED: Minimized a problem with "going back in time" when time/pos
packets were sent. This problem may still occur, especially if you are moving
too fast. The effects of this is that you will experience a massive drop in fps
as the AI and display timers go out of synch. In this situation, even ALT+Q
won't work and you have to use CTRL+ALT+DEL to quit the game and the server.
This problem is still being investigated as part of the existing problem
recorded in the issues section above.