This is the MPQ file of the 2.0.3 patch. It brings version 2.0.0. up to 2.0.3.
The Burning Crusade
Several years have passed since the Burning Legion's defeat at the Battle of Mount Hyjal - and the races of Azeroth have continued to rebuild their once shattered kingdoms. With renewed strength, the heroes of the Horde and Alliance have begun to explore the broken lands beyond the Dark Portal. What dangers or rewards await mortal champions in Draenor? And what will the Alliance and Horde do when they discover that the demons they thought vanquished have returned to renew their terrible Burning Crusade?
* A stirring of events has begun throughout Azeroth and rumor points to the Dark Portal as its source.
* Mazk Snipeshot in Booty Bay now sells bullets.
* The Auction House now sorts by buyout price first, then by current price. This should filter all of the items with outlandish buyout prices to the bottom of the list.
* Players will now need to be level 58 to pass through the Dark Portal. (The Burning Crusade Expansion must be installed.)
* Collector Edition pets are now blue items and a confirmation dialogue will appear to prevent accidental deletion.
* Pets will no longer attack targets that are under the influence of crowd control (sheep, banish, etc.).
* The title "Scarab Lord" can now be chosen in game for select players.
* Players can use the /teamquit or /teamdisband command in order to leave an Arena team.
* A new bracket has been added to Alterac Valley for level 61-70.
* Added a sorting function so that the battleground and scoreboard can be sorted by any of the categories.
* Healthstones and summoned warlock pets will no longer cost a soulshard to summon in the Arena preparation area. All summoned items and pets will be dismissed on leaving the arena.
* The last pet a player had summoned will be resummoned outside the Arena upon leaving.
* Due to various talent changes, all Druids will have all their talent points refunded.
* "Feline Swiftness" has been renamed "Feral Swiftness". The dodge % increase now also applies to Bear and Dire Bear Forms.
* "Improved Moonfire" has been reduced to 2 ranks, for a 5/10% bonus.
* "Insect Swarm" has had its damage on all ranks increased. The mana cost of ranks 1 and 3 has been increased. The mana cost of ranks 4,5 and 6 has been decreased.
* "Nurturing Instinct" now grants its benefit at all times, but the bonus has been reduced to 25/50% of Strength.
* "Improved Starfire" has been renamed to "Celestial Focus" and now also increases the chance to resist casting pushback when casting Wrath by 25/50/70%.
* "Blood Frenzy" benefits have merged with "Primal Fury".
* "Improved Leader of the Pack" has been reduced to 2 ranks for 2/4% total health healed.
* "Pounce" no longer requires the druid to be behind the target.
* "Barkskin" is now usable while stunned.
* Druids now need substantially less agility per dodge.
* "Dire Bear Form" armor bonus increased to 450% and health bonus changed to a 25% percent health increase instead of a flat increase.
* The Health bonus of "Bear Form" has changed to a 25% percent health increase instead of a flat increase.
* "Swipe" has had its threat bonus multiplier removed.
* "Maul" has had its threat bonus multiplier changed to a flat value similar in threat per time to "Heroic Strike".
* "Regrowth" has had its mana cost reduced by approximately 18%.
* "Tree of Life" healing bonus now increases the healing received by your party members instead of the healing dealt by your party members.
* The "Tranquility" base amount healed per second has increased by approximately 273%. The radius of effect has increased from 20 yards 30 yards. Mana cost has increased by 40%. The Cooldown has increased from 5 minutes to 10 minutes. The Duration has decreased from 10 seconds to 8 seconds.
* "Mangle" will not stack multiple copies from multiple forms or druids anymore. This was never intended behavior. The percentage modification on bleeds has increased from 25% to 30% and "Mangle" now increases the damage from "Shred" as well. In addition, "Mangle" will now benefit from the damage boost from "Tiger's Fury".
* "Enrage" will now show up in the combat log and in floating combat text.
* "Lifebloom" will now correctly consume clearcasting.
* "Predatory Instincts" has had its tooltip adjusted to indicate it only works in feral forms, and that it increases damage by a percent, not damage bonus by a percent.
* If a spell is resisted, it will no longer break stealth.
* "Tree of Life's" bonus healing aura will now reactivate correctly when "Banish" wears off.
* Shapeshifted druids will now be able to speak to npcs while shapeshifted.
* "Multi-Shot" has had its mana cost adjusted back to a value closer to its pre 2.0.1 version.
* If your pet has been recently revived by using "Call Pet", it will no longer reset back to full health.
* If a Hunter "Wyvern Stings" an enemy already asleep from "Wyvern Sting", the "Wyvern Sting" sleep will now be reapplied correctly.
* "Frost Nova" (Water Elemental Spell) has been renamed to "Freeze".
* "Ice Lance" is now correctly affected by "Elemental Precision".
* "Ice Armor"is now correctly affected by "Elemental Precision".
* "Frost Armor" is now correctly affected by "Elemental Precision".
* Mages will no longer see line of sight errors if the target moves behind an obstacle after the spell "Arcane Missiles" has begun casting.
* "Blazing Speed" no longer PROCs while the caster is mounted.
* "Blessing of Might" now also increases ranged attack power.
* "Improved Righteous Fury" now also reduces all damage taken while active by 2/4/6%.
* "Improved Divine Shield" (Protection Talent) has been renamed "Sacred Duty" and now also increases total Stamina by 3/6%.
* "Improved Resistance Auras" has been renamed "Spell Warding", reduces all spell damage taken by the Paladin and is no longer tied to Resistance Auras.
* We have fixed a bug where the damage bonus from "Holy Guidance" was being added to physical attacks.
* "Divine Illumination's" duration has been increased to 15 sec, from 10 sec.
* There will no longer be a slight delay on receiving the buff from "Light's Grace" when it occurs.
* The bonus "Avenger's Shield" receives from bonus spell damage effects has been increased.
* "Mass Dispel" will no longer cause stealthed Rogues and prowling Druids to lose stealth.
* "Surge of Light" (Holy Talent) can no longer be triggered by using items.
* Due to various talent changes, Rogues will have all talent points refunded.
* "Evasion" (Rank 2) now reduces the chance that ranged attacks will hit the Rogue by 25%, reduced from 50%. It is now available at level 50.
* The "Cloak of Shadows" cooldown has been reduced to 1 min, from 2 min. Now a trainable ability at level 66.
* "Shadowstep" (New Subtlety Talent) attempts to step through the shadows and reappear behind your enemy. Your next "Ambush", "Backstab" or "Garrote" ability is increased by 20% and lasts 10 sec. This is only usable while stealthed.
* "Premeditation" (Subtlety Talent) has had its range increased to 30 yards.
* "Preparation" now only resets the cooldown of the "Evasion", "Sprint", "Vanish", "Cold Blood", "Adrenaline Rush" and "Premeditation" abilities.
* "Wound Poison" now causes damage and reduces all healing by 10%, stacks up to 5 times.
* The Cooldown for "Blind" has been reduced to 3 min, from 5 min.
* There is no longer a random chance the effect of "Sap" will end (i.e. removed the heartbeat resist check). The effect will still end early when the target is damaged.
* Each rank of "Weapon Expertise"now provides 5 weapon skill.
* "Surprise Attacks" now increases the damage from "Sinister Strike", "Backstab", "Shiv" and "Gouge" by 10% instead of 8%.
* Resisted spells will no longer break "Stealth"/"Vanish".
* Combo points added to a target should not be reset until you add a combo point to a different target.
* "Earth Shock" no longer causes increased threat.
* "Frost Shock" now causes increased threat.
* The training cost for "Strength of Earth Totem (Rank 5)" is now correct.
* "Nature's Guardian" will now work properly even when you don't have an enemy targeted.
* Melee damage of "Felguard" has been reduced.
* The damage increase component of "Soul Link" has been improved. The damage mitigation component has been reduced.
* The cooldown of "Shadowfury" has been reduced to 20 sec, from 1 min.
* The mana cost of "Soul Fire" has been reduced by approximately 45%.
* The feedback from dispelling "Unstable Affliction" is now affected by "Shadow Mastery".
* Pets will again have their mana reset to full in addition to their health when first summoned.
* "Demonic Resilience" will now properly reduce pet damage taken.
* Fire objects in the game world (bonfires, braziers) will no longer trigger "Nether Protection".
* When a Warlock is under the effects of "Backlash" and "Nightfall", only one of the effects will be consumed by a "Shadow Bolt" cast.
* The bonus that the spells "Corruption" and "Curse of Agony" receive from bonus spell damage effects has been decreased by approximately 10%.
* "Weapon Mastery" Rank 2 of this talent now grants full immunity to "Disarm" mechanics, and will properly display "Immune" when a "Disarm" is attempted.
* "Slam's" swing time is no longer slowed by damage taken.
* "Rampage's" rage cost has been reduced to 20.
* The daze portion of "Piercing Howl" will now still land even if the target is already snared.
* The bonus threat of "Devastate" on all ranks has been increased. Bonus threat will no longer decrease as ranks increase.
* The energy gained from "Thistle Tea" now decreases with levels past 40.
* "Idol of Ferocity" now increases "Claw" and "Rake" damage instead of reducing energy cost.
* "Idol of Brutality" now increases "Maul" and "Swipe" damage instead of reducing rage cost.
* "Idol of Health" now provides bonus healing on "Healing Touch" instead of reducing its cast time.
* The rage gained from "Gri'lek's Charm of Might" now decreases with levels past 60.
* The energy gained from "Renataki's Charm of Trickery" now decreases with levels past 60.
* "Renataki's Charm of Beasts" no longer resets the cooldown on Arcane Shot.
* "Wushoolay's Charm of Nature" now provides haste rating instead of reducing "Healing Touch" cast time.
* "Wushoolay's Charm of Spirits" now increases "Lightning Shield" damage by a flat amount instead of a percentage.
* "Hazza'rah's Charm of Destruction" now increases spell crit rating instead of spell crit percent.
* "Hazza'rah's Charm of Magic" now increases Arcane spell damage instead of providing a spell crit bonus.
* "Tidal Charm" Now has a chance of failure against targets over level 60.
* "The Black Book" now provides a flat amount of spell power, attack power, and armor to your pet, instead of by a percentage.
* "Rune of Metamorphosis" now reduces mana cost of shapeshiting by a flat amount, instead of by a percentage.
* "Lifegiving Gem" now provides 1500 healing and bonus max health instead of a percentage of your max health.
* "Venomous Totem" now increases damage dealt by "Instant Poison" and "Deadly Poison" instead of increasing poison land chance.
* "Natural Alignment Crystal" now increases Nature spell damage by a flat amount instead of by a percentage.
* "Pristine South Seas Kelp" now provides spell crit rating instead of spell crit chance.
* "Devilsaur Tooth" now grants your pet crit rating instead of a guaranteed crit.
* "Wail of the Banshee" now has a chance of failure against targets over level 60.
* The threat reduction from "Fetish of the Sand Reaver" now decreases with levels past 60.
* The threat reduction from "Eye of Diminution" now decreases with levels past 60.
* "Stygian Buckler" now has a chance of failure against targets over level 60.
* "Horned Viking Helmet" now has a chance of failure against targets over level 60.
* "Gnomish Mind Control Cap" now has a greater chance of failure against targets over level 60.
* "Goblin Rocket Helmet" now has a chance of failure against targets over level 60.
* "Clutch of Foresight" now has a chance of failure against targets over level 60.
* "Flash Bomb" now has a chance of failure against targets over level 60.
* The "Green Dragon Mail" Set +15% mana regenerationhas been replaced with 20 mana per 5 sec.
* The "Vestments of Transcendence" Set +15% mana regeneration has been replaced with 20 mana per 5 sec.
* The "Stormrage Raiment Set" +15% mana regeneration has been replaced with 20 mana per 5 sec.
* The Thunderclap set bonus for "Conqueror's Battlegear" is no longer cumulative with the "Thunderclap" talent.
* The reduction in cooldown on Rapid Fire from the "Striker's Garb" Set bonus is no longer cumulative with the "Rapid Killing" talent.
* The Paladin abilities Flash of Light and Holy Light will again correctly use charges from the "Zandalarian Hero Charm".
* The Paladin abilities Flash of Light and Holy Light will again correctly activate charges from the "Talisman of Ascendence".
* Collector's Edition pets are now be blue items.
o The Crusader Enchantment now decreases in potency for wielders above level 60.
o The Icy Chill Enchantment now decreases in potency for wielders above level 60.
o The Lifestealing Enchantment now decreases in potency for wielders above level 60.
* Blacksmithing/Leatherworking specialization has changed with specialization providing recipes to make powerful items that only you can wear. You can now unlearn a blacksmithing or leatherworking specialization and learn a different one by finding the appropriate NPC, paying the fee to unlearn your old specialization, and then find the new specialist to learn a new one. Also, all of the old blacksmithing/leatherworking recipes that required specialization no longer require it and can be learned by any blacksmith/leatherworker.
* Silver/Golden/Mystic/Runic Spellthread have been increased in power.
* The Auction House will now sort items first by buyout price then by current price.
* Added a new option to the Looking for Group and Looking for More panel to choose Heroic Mode Dungeons.
* Players will now be able to pull out a pet window to see all the pets in the raid.
* Added Ranged and Spell stats as a display option for the G15 keyboard.
* Updated the Sound Options menu to include a checkbox for Hardware Acceleration and a slider for Sound Channels.
o PC default is "Hardware Acceleration = ON" and "Sound Channels = LOW".
o Players that experience poor system performance can set "Hardware Acceleration=OFF" which may improve performance but will disable any EAX (reverberation) effects supported by their sound card.
o Players with more powerful systems can raise the "Sound Channels" slider to increase the number of simultaneous sounds in the game, providing a more immersive soundscape.
o Mac users will not have a checkbox or slider available due to the Mac's default setting of "Hardware Acceleration = OFF" and the "Sound Channels = HIGH".
* API Changes
o NEW: Dismount()
o NEW: equippable = IsEquippableItem(item)
o NEW: link = GetInboxItemLink(index)
o NEW: button = GetMouseButtonClicked() -- Returns the name of the button that triggered a mouse down/up/click/doubleclick event.
o NEW: hasMacro = CursorHasMacro()
o NEW: "item", itemID, link = GetCursorInfo() OR "spell", slot, "spell" or "pet" = GetCursorInfo() OR "macro", index = GetCursorInfo() OR "money", amount = GetCursorInfo()
* Macro Features
o NEW: /dismount
o /castsequence will equip items if they need to be equipped, and use them otherwise.
o The following commands now support the [target=unit] macro option syntax: /startattack, /petattack, /target, /assist, /focus
o If you add a #showtooltip line to your macro, it will show the tooltip of the item or spell in addition to the normal visual feedback.
o A unit's name can be used anywhere a unit token can be used. e.g. if you had the player Desmondia in your party, /cast [target=Desmondia] Flash Heal, would cast Flash Heal on her. This will only work for the player, pet, party members and pets, and raid members and pets. You can use "-target" or "-pet" to indicate the target or pet of the named unit, e.g. /cast [target=Desmondia-target,harm] Shadow Word: Pain
* Key Bindings
o Holding down ctrl, alt, shift, x will check keybindings in the following order: ALT-CTRL-SHIFT-X, CTRL-SHIFT-X, ALT-SHIFT-X, ALT-CTRL-X, SHIFT-X, CTRL-X, ALT-X, X
o Key bindings that directly cast spells or use items now respect the self-cast modifier.
* Frame Methods
o UPDATED: protected, explicit = Frame:IsProtected() -- New 'explicit' return value
* Tooltip Methods
o NEW: isUnit = Tooltip:IsUnit("unit")
o NEW: name = Tooltip:GetUnit()
o NEW: name, link = Tooltip:GetItem()
o NEW: name, rank = Tooltip:GetSpell()
o Added several script handlers which are called when the tooltip is set to a unit, item, or spell: OnTooltipSetUnit, OnTooltipSetItem, OnTooltipSetSpell
* Cooldown Indicators
o There's a new cooldown indicator frame that replaces the previous model file. The old syntax:
* Secure Templates
o Added an action type "attribute" to secure action buttons which sets an arbitrary attribute on an arbitrary frame.
o Added support for state header resizing and re-parenting on state changes.
* Saved Variables
o Arrays that are stored as saved variables are now saved using lua's array initializer syntax for optimal memory usage and performance on load.
* Bug Fixes
o Unit frames will respond to modified clicks by default.
o Action buttons no longer use shift-click to pick up actions, but instead use shift-drag. This frees up the shift modifier for use in macros or as a self-cast modifier.
o MovePad will work again.
o Fixed taint issues with the unit menus (dueling, dismissing pets, etc.)
o Fixed taint issues with CloseLoot()
o Fixed taint issues with PickupContainerItem()
o Fixed taint issue with raid UI not showing in combat (buttons in main raid UI are no longer secure unit buttons)
o Fixed /reply in macros
o Fixed a bug where /petattack would target the nearest unit, not the nearest live enemy unit.
o The macro "button:N" conditional will work with either the real button clicked or the state-header-remapped button that launched the macro.
o /click now works with secure action buttons
o Fixed issue whereby creating Textures/FontStrings from a template used the template name instead of the specified region name.
* The "Enable sound in background" option is now implemented, default on Mac is "on" as before.
* Fixed an issue with SetBindingItem, SetBindingSpell, SetBindingMacro LUA functions.
* Addressed a graphics issue where changing the WorldFrame's coordinates would show a field of the fog color in the area outside of the world view instead of black, on NVIDIA GPU's, when indoors, with Full Screen Glow enabled.
* Addressed a graphics issue affecting NVIDIA GeForce3 and GeForce 4Ti GPU's when certain particle effects were visible on screen such as Naxxramas loot.
* Music looping is now fixed.
* Characters on your friends list that are deleted will now properly be removed from the friends list.
* Players will now be put back into the cross-realm battleground raid group after relogging from a force quit.
* You will now be able to remove players from other realms from your ignore list after leaving the battleground.
* Players who return from a disconnect in an Arena battle will now be correctly credited as being alive by the scoreboard.
* When you craft an item with a random property, it will now display it has random properties in the crafting UI.
* Characters will no longer be rooted in place until logout when being force-quit during the opening cinematic.
* Pet statistics will now appear in green when being buffed by an outside source.
* You should now get the mail indicator when your inventory is too full after leaving a battleground.
* Spell penetration should now properly update on the character sheet.
* Certain throwing weapons will no longer be consumed when used as a throwing weapon.
* Certain throwing weapons have had a damage range added to their tooltip.
* Reduced the cost of some battleground rewards.
* The druid Restoration Talent "Tree of Life" healing buff is no longer being removed from the Druid if afflicted by a "Banish" spell.
* "Moonkin Form" and "Tree of Life" form now have a casting animation for "Warstomp".
* The druid talent skill "Tree of Life" now has a swimming animation.
* Adjusted the tooltip for Barkskin to reflect the proper functionality.
* "Insect Swarm" Rank 6 will now benefit from the clearcasting effect from "Omen of Clarity".
* The hunter spell "Volley" has had its tooltip updated to reflect that it is channeled.
* The hunter spell "Flare" will now properly reveal Mages that used "Invisibility".
* The tooltip for the crit bonus granted to feral druid from the talent "Predatory Instincts" will now reflect the proper amount.
* The hunter Marksmanship ability "Silencing Shot" is now triggering the "Auto-Shot" ability after using the ability.
* "Misdirection" will now redirect the threat from "Distracting Shot".
* "Serpent Sting's" initial, non-threatening application no longer consumes a charge of Misdirection.
* "Disengage" now reduces threat on the misdirected target and also consumes one charge of "Misdirection".
* Hunter Survival talent "Wyvern Sting" at Rank 4 will now cause the correct amount of damage as indicated in the tooltip.
* The hunter Survival Talent "Readiness" will now finish the cooldown of the ability "Wyvern Sting".
* Mages using "Molten Armor" on themselves and being hit while casting "Arcane Missiles" or "Blizzard" will no longer cancel the spells.
* The mage spell "Ice Armor" will now be affected by the talent "Frost Warding".
* "Spellsteal" and "Detect Magic" now benefit from the mage talent Arcane Focus.
* The mage spell "Arcane Blast" will now receive the mana reduction benefits from "Clearcasting".
* The mage spell "Fire Ward" rank 6 will now properly overwrite previous ranks of "Fire Ward".
* "Ice block" will now make a mage immune to "Avenger's shield".
* "Blazing Speed" will now remove movement impairing effects when it procs.
* Casting "Ice Lance" will no longer consume the mage's talent "Presence of Mind" buff.
* "Arcane Missiles" will no longer continue to channel after the target is dead.
* "Ice Lance", "Frost Armor", and "Ice Armor" will now receive the benefits from the mage talent Elemental Precision.
* The mage Fire talent "Critical Mass" will now properly update on the character sheet UI.
* The paladin holy talent "Holy Guidance" will now effect damage from "Seal of Righteousness".
* "Benediction" will now decrease the mana cost of "Seal of Blood".
* "Shadow Word Death" will no longer do damage to the casting priest when resisted.
* "Holy Fire" (rank 9) cast time has been adjusted for consistency with all other ranks of "Holy Fire" to 3.5 seconds.
* The priest Discipline talent "Reflective Shield" will no longer cause the recipient of the shield to perform a cast animation every time the shield reflects damage.
* "Prayer of Mending" no longer procs the heal when all damage is absorbed.
* Priests backlash effect of "Shadow Word: Death" will now properly be applied and can no longer be resisted.
* The visual effect of "Shadowform" will no longer persist if disabled while mounted.
* Updated the tooltip on "Cloak of Shadows" with the additional line, "Does not remove effects that prevent you from using Cloak of Shadows."
* The rogue Assassination Talent "Quick Recovery" will no longer refund energy back to the Rogue if a finishing move is partially blocked.
* A "Vanished" rogue will no longer be taken out of their "vanished state" when they resist a spell.
* The rogue Assasination talent "Find Weakness" will now work properly with the finishing move "Deadly Throw".
* Using the rogue ability "Mutilate" when not behind your target will no longer initiate combat.
* The rogue ability "Slice and Dice" will no longer be reported twice in floating combat text when used.
* "Mind-Numbing Poison" will no longer stack with both "Curse of Tongues" and "Slow".
* The shaman talent "Totemic Mastery" will now increase "Wrath of Air Totem's" radius.
* The shaman talents "Elemental Mastery","Shamanistic Rage" and the troll racial "Berserking" can no longer be used in "Ghost Wolf" form.
* The shaman "Greater Fire Elemental" and "Greater Earth Elemental" will now spawn in with full health.
* The shaman abilities "Water Shield" and "Earth Shield" can no longer be over written by lower ranks.
* The shaman talent "Mental Quickness" will now properly reduce the casting cost of "Bloodlust" and "Heroism".
* The damage dealt from "Greater Fire Elemental" and "Greater Earth Elemental" is now displayed in the combat log.
* The shaman Restoration talent "Totemic Focus" will now be applied to "Earth Elemental Totem" and "Fire Elemental Totem".
* "Lightning Overload" no longer incorrectly charges mana for the free Lightning Bolt.
* "Rockbiter Weapon" no longer charges twice the listed mana when cast.
* The warlock talent "Demonic Resilience" does will now properly reduce the amount of damage pets are taking.
* "Unstable Affliction" is now improved by the talent "Shadow Mastery".
* Pyroclasm will now properly function with all ranks of "Soul Fire" and "Hellfire" rank 4.
* The warlock Demonology talent "Fel Intellect" (all ranks) will now properly affect Felhunter intellect.
* Crit chance of the spell "Incinerate" is now being affected by the 2nd rank of the Warlock Destruction talent "Devastation".
* Warlock pet "Felguard" will now use the appropriate sounds.
* Warlock pet "Imp" will now correctly receive their spell damage bonus.
* Using a grimoire to teach your demon pet a spell while it is under the effects of "Banish" will no longer consume the grimoire, but the pet is immune and will not learn the spell.
* Warriors with full "Weapon Mastery" talent will now be shown to have immunity towards disarm.
* The "Shield Bash" rank 4 daze effect will now properly slow the target and has had its tooltip updated.
* Warriors will no longer being re-entered into a combat state if the character switches stances after killing a mob.
* "Second Wind" will no longer improperly proc off of a mob's daze.
World of Warcraft Client Patch "Before the Storm" (12/5/2006)
The latest patch notes can always be found at Worldofwarcraft.com
Looking for Group Interface Tool
A new Looking For Group tool designed to assist players in finding groups for instanced dungeons and quests will now be available. This interface gives players the option to be added to a pool of other players also looking for a group, as a means to expedite the process. In addition, players will also be able to search for additional members in situations where they have a group and are simply looking to find more players. For a complete overview of this new interface, please take a moment and read the information contained on our comprehensive Looking for Group preview.
* All players will have their talent points reimbursed and will have access to new talents throughout their trees; this includes the 41-point talents. Several new abilities have also been added for all classes.
* All pets will now receive a percentage of their master's armor, spell damage, spell resistances, attack power, and stamina.
* Low-level spells cast by high-level players will receive smaller bonuses from +healing and +spell damage.
* HoTs, DoTs, and channeled spells have been re-balanced to receive a more appropriate (higher) percentage of +spell damage and +healing.
* HoTs from different sources will now stack (i.e. multiple druids can cast the Rejuvenation spell on 1 target).
* New item property "Resilience" has been introduced. Resilience reduces your chance to be the victim of a critical strike, and reduces the amount of damage critical strikes do to you.
* Weapon Skill now does the following:
o Weapon skill will no longer reduce the percentage damage lost due to glancing.
o The player will gain 0.1% to their critical strike rating per weapon skill against monsters above their level.
* When casting a buff on a low level target, the appropriate rank of the buff will automatically be applied.
* In PvP, Crowd Control effects will last no longer than 12 seconds instead of the full duration, with a chance of a heartbeat resist.
* Players will no longer lose faction when under the influence of "Mind Control" or the Gnomish Mind Control Cap.
* Several improvements have been made to the Macintosh client, including support for Multi-Threaded OpenGL on Intel Macs running OS X 10.4.8 or higher.
* Honor System Revamp
o Current honor totals have been reset.
o Players may display their highest lifetime rank title (accessible from character sheet).
o Honor points earned each day may now be spent as a form of currency.
o Check the PvP tab of your character sheet to see your honor information.
o PvP rewards are no longer unique.
* Marks of Honor earned from battlegrounds are no longer turned in for reputation or honor. They are now used in addition to honor points in order to purchase rewards.
* Two New Arenas are now available in three different modes.
o 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5 matches
o Players may queue up at Goblin NPC's in Stormwind, Ironforge,
o Orgrimmar, Undercity, and Gadgetzan
* The talent "Swiftmend" will now include bonus healing from the talents "Improved Rejuvenation" and "Empowered Rejuvenation".
* "Omen of Clarity's" duration has been increased to 30 min.
* Traps can be set while in combat, but require a 2 second arming time.
* "Auto shot" will be automatically enabled if the Hunter steps out of melee range while in combat with target.
* 1 Agility will now grant 1 Ranged Attack Power.
* "Auto shot" is now reset when casting Aimed Shot.
* "The Beast Within's" Bonus damage caused has been reduced to 10%, but now also reduces the mana cost of all spells by 20%.
* Freezing Traps will now cancel combat when cast.
* "Frost Nova" (Water Elemental Spell) has now been renamed "Freeze".
* Shaman with the appropriate talent spec are now able to dual-wield.
o Self-weapon buffs such as Windfury Weapon can be applied to both main and off-hand weapons.
* Rockbiter's weapon functionality has been changed. It is now a damage proc instead of a flat attack power bonus.
* Windfury Weapon and Rockbiter Weapon enchantments will only benefit the weapon with the enchantment on it.
* The range of "Drain Life" and "Drain Mana" spells have been increased.
* Rage generation from dealing damage has been normalized.
o All Rage awards are averaged with our expected rage per swing (adjusted for weapon speed).
* The "Far Sight" effect has changed so that the camera now zooms in to a distant location, rather than instantly showing the distant view. This also affects the items: Ultra-Spectropic Vision Goggles, the Ornate Spyglass, and the Hunter ability "Eagle Eye."
* Spells can now require either a totem item or a totem category item to cast a spell. This means that the Enchanting Rods now count as all of the lower level enchanting rods as well, so you only need a single enchanting rod instead of all six. This also means that "Finkle's Skinner" now counts as a Skinning Knife. Several weapons that are picks have been flagged as counting as a Mining pick as well.
* Items that give bonuses, such as critical strike percentage, have been modified to adhere to a combat rating system.
* All current items will provide the exact same benefit from ratings at level 60 as they provided before the ratings system.
* Thrown weapon items no longer stack, but use durability instead. One unit of durability is lost per throw, and these items can be repaired.
* The tool tip for the Great Staff of the Guardian now shows the proper increase of 28 to the party spell critical rating.
* Items that are useable from player inventory with a cooldown will now update the cooldown in real-time.
* Players will no longer be able to sell the "Blue Skeletal Horse" to vendors.
* The damage Proc from the item "Misplaced Servo Arm" will no longer break the Rogue ability "Gouge".
* The "Skull of Impending Doom" has been changed and will now increase run speed by 60% for 10 seconds, but deals damage equal to 60% of your maximum health and drains 60% of your maximum mana for over 10 seconds.
* The Backfire effect on the "Net-O-Matic" will no longer break on damage.
* All of the profession-made items that have been created up to now have been given proper stats based on the current expansion item level progression table.
* Most of the items made by Tailoring/Leatherworking/Blacksmithing have had their creation time reduced. Now the cap on time required to make an item in those professions is based on quality and level.
o New Max times required.
+ Level 31+ Green Items at least 8 sec
+ Level 31+ Blue Items at least 15 sec
+ Level 31+ Purple Items at least 25 sec
* Skill level now determines what items you can disenchant.
o Skill 1= Level 1-20
o Skill 25= Level 20-25
o Skill 50= Level 25-30
o Skill 75= Level 30-35
o Skill 100= Level 35-40
o Skill 125= Level 40-45
o Skill 150= Level 45-50
o Skill 175= Level 50-55
o Skill 200= Level 55-60
o Skill 225= Level 60-65
* Players will no longer lose an item when attempting to disenchant on a boat when the loading screen appears.
* Meeting Stone gossip options have been removed from Innkeepers in preparation for the new LFG system.
* Sound Preferences Window
o Enable Sound in Background has been added as an option.
o A Sound Channels slider has been added with Low to High setting options. A default setting of "Low" has been set for PC s and a setting of "High" has been set for Macs.
* LFG/LFM UI
o Tips have been added to Loading Screen tips and new player tips
o Meeting Stones now function similar to a Warlock Summon spell.
+ Players select party member to be summoned and right click the stone. A second party member then clicks the portal to summon.
* Enchanting UI has been vastly improved.
* Raid UI now supports frame for Main Tank.
* Spell Alert (Enemy Cast bar)
o Defaults to off
o Enabled through Interface Options
o Displays targeted enemy's cast bar when they are casting.
o May also be displayed with "V" key functionality.
* Auto-loot may be enabled with just one click in the Interface Options.
* Character sheet UI now displays more precise melee, ranged, and spell stats.
* Players can now cast item targetable spells on items that are in your action bar. For instance you can cast feed pet and have the food you want the pet to be fed in one of your action bars.
* Semi-charged items can no longer be placed in the Auction House.
* A knowledge base has been added to the in-game UI.
o Searchable database of FAQ's and common support issues.
* Keyrings have been expanded to hold more key-type items and will now size dynamically for the number of keys in possession.
* The Hunter ability, "Mend Pet," will now turn red when a pet is out of range.
* Players will now be able to disable ability messages in the floating combat text.
* Players will now be able to scroll down their ignore list if it extends beyond one page.
* The tooltips for the Show Dispellable Debuffs and Show Castable Buffs options will now specify they only apply to raid pullout groups.
* Significant changes have been made to User Interface customization.
o For specific details, please visit Forums.worldofwarcraft.com.
* The Rend Blackhand arena event in Upper Blackrock Spire will now properly reset after a wipe.
* Players will no longer resurrect with low mana and health if they died and released on a Zeppelin or Ship.
* Fixed an issue where effects with 100% chance to be applied were being resisted.
* Fixed an issue where high level players were not being properly credited the right amount of faction reputation.
* Party members will now be properly credited for completing the "Dead Man's Plea" quest when a totem or pet gets the killing blow on Baron Rivendare.
* Slowing abilities and spells will no longer decrease the speed of a player when traveling by Gryphon.
* Fixed an issue where players were re-taining talent based abilities even after re-training.
* Fixed an issue where the Warlock spell "Shadowburn" was improperly consuming two Soul Shards.
* Fixed an issue where players were unable to click on anything if they had any add-ons installed.
* Fixed an issue where players were able to use "Mana Burn" on mobs and players without mana.
* Fixed an issue where spells that proc while a player was standing would not proc if they were sitting or lying down.
* Fixed many interface overlapping graphic issues.
* Fixed an issue where Seal of Justice (Rank 2) will now refresh with melee strikes.
* Blood Elf mobs in Azshara will now have the correct model.
* Fixed an issue where a spell with two procs would be reflected and one of the procs would still hit the player that reflected the spell.
* Fixed an issue that was putting Hunters back into combat when they have the "Spirit Bond" Talent or have the Cryptstalker set bonus.
* Fixed an issue where players were being awarded the wrong item when double looting a corpse under the master loot option.
* Fixed an issue where players interrupted while casting would have a longer cast time than normal.
* Fixed an issue where players could not see enchants when inspecting another player.
* Fixed an issue where extra attacks from "Windfury Weapon" would not proc "Flurry" when they crit.
* Fixed an issue where players that were killed in freezing traps would be stuck there until releasing.
* Fixed an issue where Warlocks were able to despawn a pet to gain a free "Soul Shard"in the Battlegrounds.
* Warrior "Shield Slam" and "Shield Bash" will no longer trigger a proc from an equipped weapon.
* Fixed an issue where players were able to consume a Mana Emerald at full mana.
* The totem, "Wrath of Air," will no longer be useable in "Ghost Wolf" form.
* Fixed an issue where Warrior "Battle Shout" was causing too much threat.
* Fixed an issue where computers with ATi video cards were sometimes having problems when displaying a certain texture.
* Fixed an issue where the Warlock spell "Death Coil" gained double the benefit from the talent "Shadow Mastery".
* Player pets will no longer attack CC'ed targets while in Passive mode.
* "Prayer of Spirit" will no longer cast on the user if there is no other target selected.
* "Lightning Shield" will now have the appropriate cool-down time between uses.
* Fixed an issue where materials were being consumed if a player logged out before an enchantment had finished being applied.
* The Hunter, "Auto Shot," ability will no longer activate on resurrection.
* Fixed a bug where "Inner Focus" was not being consumed when using "Mind Soothe."
* Fixed a bug where Rogues were able to use the ability "Ghostly Strike" when not facing their target.
* Warlock pet dismiss sounds will now play properly.
* Fixed an issue where Fist weapons were sheathing improperly.
* Bags will no longer overlap the Bank UI when the game window is resized.
* Players will no longer be able to whisper to enemy players in Battlegrounds.
* The Skeletal Gryphon ride for the Eastern Plaguelands PvP event will now fly at its correct speed.
* Players will no longer be able to jump onto the top of the Dun Baldar Fortress in Alterac Valley and get behind the terrain to attack other players.
* Shapeshifting will now break "Nogginfogger Elixir" effect.
* You will no longer die when Feign Death is finished channeling.
* "Scatter Shot" will now properly do damage even if the target is immune to the confuse effect.
* "Aspect of the Cheetah" will now properly trigger with absorbed damage.
* Casting a lower rank polymorph on a target that is already under the effect of a higher rank will cause an error message and not consume mana.
* The talent, "Master of Elements," will now properly proc off of totems.
* Players will no longer be attacked by same faction guards when using mind control on an enemy player to attack.
* "Vanish" will now properly un-target the Rogue from the attacker when the attacker is in the same party.
* The talent, "Improved Chain Heal," will now properly add to the base healing done.
* "Healing Wave" Ranks 11 and 12 will now benefit from the Shaman talent, "Healing Way."
* "Improved Curse of Agony" will now properly increase the base and spell power.
* Warlocks will now be properly credited a Soul Shard from their pet when they take a flight path.
* Warlocks will now be properly credited a Soul Shard from their pet when they are dead at the end of a Battleground match.
* Warlocks will now be properly credited a Soul Shard from their pet when they enter an Arena.
* Casting "Dark Pact" after exiting combat will no longer put you back in combat.
* The tool tip for the "Great Staff of the Guardian" now shows the proper increase of 28 to the party spell critical rating.
* Several Chest spawns in Dustwallow Marsh will now properly spawn above ground.
* Items that can give +Stamina/Intellect from random suffixes will now properly apply while dead.
* "Beastmaster's Gloves" will now give the proper 2% crit chance for Hunter pets.
* Fixed a bug where you can end up with overlapping bags after resizing the window.
* Various graphical errors will be noticeable while viewing maps.
* Added support for Multi-Threaded OpenGL on Intel Macs running OS X 10.4.8 or higher. Depending on hardware, scene and graphical settings, this can raise frame rates up to a factor of 2X.
* Improved video hardware detection and default settings, especially with Intel video.
* Vertex Animation Shaders have been disabled for systems with Intel video.
* Improved iTunes key-binding feature for smoothness and track name display.
* Fixed a bug where Tutorial Tips would not be marked as viewed correctly on PowerPC Macs.
* Fixed a rare crash bug in the audio code.
* Improved support for Weather Shaders.
* Added support for changing the mouse sensitivity in WoW. Previously, the Mac version ignored the value from the slider in the Interface Options dialog.