Patch release in February 25 1997. This fix many annoying bug and the famous bug duplicate item.
- Corrects the NULL cell buffer errors and other draw problems
- Fixes intermittent crash in Join Game screen
- Fixes data corruption problem which could cause a player to get locked out of Battle.net when creating a new channel
- Improves error handling for dropped network packets
- Provides more descriptive messages when unable to join a game
- Fixes the problem with some equipped items not being seen by other players in multiplayer games
- Prevents Lazarus's red portal from disappearing after leaving his lair
- Fixes the Level Advance Indicator remaining on screen after character attributes are maxed
- Fixes inaccurate display of game creation time
- Games shown in the list of public games on Battle.net will not disappear anymore. The list will be refreshed only if the user closes and reopens the Join Game dialog.
- Fixes problem with soundcards that do not support the Set Format command (i.e. ESS1888)
- Fixes problems writing to system registry
- Numerous fixes to item integrity
NOTE: With this patch, when the game detects duplicate items they will be removed from the game.
- Improves error correction related to line noise in modem games