The first US patch for Boiling Point: Road to Hell is now online, fixing several bugs and offering the other changes, as well as implementing a wide range of gameplay corrections.
Boiling Point: Road to Hell by Deep Shadows - US retail patch 1
1. Click on the Boiling Point Retail Update link
2. When prompted, save it where you will be able to find it (use Desktop if you
are not familiar with directories)
1. Locate the downloaded patch (BOILING-POINT-USA_RETAIL-UPDATE1.EXE) and
2. Follow the on screen instructions.
Changes in this patch are as follows:
- Occasionally, the game would crash following the attempted load of a save
- Occasionally, an NPC would not appear visible though they could be selected
an interacted with.
- With the watch out, if the user attempted to bring up the cell phone, the
previous weapon would instead appear.
- Under certain conditions, the mission to get the young man accepted by
Commandante Ricardo was completed prematurely.
- Occasionally, with 0% technical aptitude, the user's character would succeed
at using level 4 weapon upgrades.
- The NPC Simon (in Pueblo Faro), needed for the completion of a mission, would
run away and disappear if he was wounded and not killed.
- With the mission to kill the betrayer for Commandante Raul, if the enemies
were killed and the user left the area and returned, the enemies would be
respawned and could be killed again.
- During the game's final mission objective, if the user's character died in
the process of completing the objective, the ending cutscene would play with no
- The options to drive and access the trunk of Taxis were removed.
- The entrance to Don Pedro's villa located at the river was inaccessible due
to the game positioning the character in the water when exiting a boat. A
ladder was added.
- Occasionally, during the course of gameplay, the character's car would
disappear after leaving it somewhere and later returning.
- During the police mission to kill the gang leaders, if the user's character
shot at one of the bandits from an elevated position, he would run through mid
- The user's character was able to engage enemy civilian NPC's in conversation
while they were still shooting at him.
- Occasionally, when answering the cell phone, the message would remain on the
screen after the call was completed.
- There existed a location in Puerto Sombra where a car could get stuck.
- The police station in Puerto Sombra could be destroyed with a single crossbow
- The main menu behaved unpredictably if the user pressed escape while the
menus were transitioning from one to another.
- Grenades thrown at cars would have no effect on their drivers.
- In the mission to destroy the government planes for Mr. Botanist, the user's
character was not given enough missiles to destroy all the necessary planes.
- If the mission to persuade the suicide jumper to not jump was failed, the
mission remained on the objectives list.
- In the government mission to destroy the mafia transport helicopters, if the
user's character died in the helicopter, the mission could not be repeated.
- It was impossible to drop less than the entire quantity of any item that was
- Debug information appeared when holding the = key.