A patch updating the CD retail version of The Longest Journey to v1.61. It fixes some bugs, crashes, and dual core issues.
Changes in Version 161
Fixed a crash on dual-core machines
Added a configuration tool
Fixed CDROM detection code
Fixed a crash in the loading screen
Changes in Version 160
A number of fixes to font handling for Russian version.
New default savegame location.
setup dialog is now skipped by default
sound engine upgrade
support for multiple user accounts
runs as restricted user (installation requires admin rights)
Changes in version 157:
- Fixes a crash at the altar in chapter 7.
Changes in version 156:
- Fixes a bug where savegames would not load properly, resulting in closed doors and other ways to get stuck.
Changes in version 155:
- Resolved a Windows 98 compatability issue with save games.
Changes in version 154:
- Fixed a crash related to stick figure animations in the swedish release.
- Fixed a problem with savegames that couldn't be loaded.
- Fixed an issue with the game freezing after loading a savegame.
- When you are saving in the Temple, you will no longer get stuck because of the closed doors.
Changes in version 153:
- Fixed Graphics FX setting in options screen.
- Removed deprecated WBuffer support.
- Removed crash after FMV due to speed-related bug in bink.
- Fixed a pathfinding problem where April could get stuck in a tree.
- Fixed two cases where the game would crash when played without a sound card.
- Prevented another crash that would happen after FMV sequences.
- Fixed a couple of glitches in background sounds.
- Fixed an animation-related crash when loading certain saves.
- In later chapters, when you come back to the market stalls and they are deserted, there will not be voices in the background.
Changes in version 152:
- Fixed a bug that meant the game could get stuck when sitting on the bench and looking at the monkey.
Changes in version 151:
- fixed a bug that would frequently make the game crash after saving.
Changes in version 150:
- fixed a bug where an object at the police station got render into an invalid directx memory location. - fixed a potential crash in the voice code.
Changes in version 149:
- fixed a crash related to sounds when saving the game.
Changes in version 148:
- fixed some sound problems