The 1.6 patch for Settlers. Changes are mostly bug fixes. See File/Full Details for more info.
THE SETTLERS - Rise of an Empire Version History
• Fixed a memory leak that lead to slowdowns and crashes when playing the game for a long time.
• Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred after a player has lost a 2vs2 game.
• Fixed several issues with the online mode that caused the game to crash.
• Fixed a crash that occurred sometimes when exiting the game while viewing a large lake or a coast.
• Fixed a rare crash caused by siege towers.
• The game no longer crashes when placing a building at the edge of the map.
• The game should crash less frequently when the graphics card is out of memory.
• Several minor crash fixes.
• Turret catapults can now be rebuilt if the construction worker dies.
• Fixed an exploit that allowed players go gain unlimited gold and resources during a 2vs2 game.
Bug Fixes (Mission pack specific)
• Mission 2 - Hendalla: The holy cow got stuck at the first market place sometimes. This also resulted in the creation of hundreds of enemy battalions over time.
• Mission 6 - Praphatstan: Praphats gold carts stopped moving when the player built walls at certain locations.
• Bay of Alliance: The player was told to move "Soldiers" to a village although only swordsmen were checked for.
• Several minor improvements to all maps.
Improvements (Online mode)
• Players can no longer be flooded with clan invitations.
• Prevented room join & leave messages from appearing while users are chatting.
• Made ranked game validation more reliable.
• After loading a saved game created prior to version 1.3 the game may crash if numerous saved games exist.
• Saved games from versions older than 1.1 cannot be loaded. We advise you to finish your latest mission before applying the patch.
• Saved games from the campaign tutorial mission (Vestholm 1) made with game versions 1.1 and 1.2 will not work properly. We advise you to finish the tutorial before applying the patch.