This patch will update all previous “Space Empires V” versions to v1.20.
1. Fixed - The end of strategic combat would sometimes cause a game crash.
2. Fixed - The start of combat would sometimes take a long time if a large number of units were present.
3. Fixed - If units have not been given a sector position, then they will be arranged around a warp point
(if present) for combat.
4. Fixed - The selected tab button in the Comparisons window was not highlighted on entry.
5. Fixed - Speed ups for computer player movement.
6. Fixed - Computer player might lockup at slow FPS rates.
7. Fixed - Ground combat would continue forever if a non-ground combat unit was dropped on a planet.
8. Fixed - Fleets could be disconnected with ships in multiple sectors.
9. Added - Ships on the Fleet Report now display as they do in the Ship List.
10. Added - Fleets show their movement in the Ship List.
11. Added - "Move Item To Top" and "Move Item To Bottom" buttons on the Set Construction Queue window.
12. Fixed - Maximum damage at range could be a negative number.
13. Added - "Default Empire Option Sort Mounts By Name" to Settings.txt.
14. Added - "Sort Mounts By Name" to Empire Options Window - Display - General Display Options.
15. Changed - In a turn based (sequential turn) game, players have their vehicles movement restored after
they have finished their turn.
16. Fixed - Radiation Bombs were having the opposite effect.
17. Fixed - Upgrading a design with no roman numeral resulted in a design name with a huge number.
18. Fixed - Emergency Propulsion was setting movement to 1 if the vehicle was already at maximum movement.
19. Fixed - "View Weapons Range" in tactical space combat showed the wrong hot key.
20. Fixed - The default key for "View Movement Destinations" is now F5, and the default key for
"View Weapons Range" is F6. These will only be set if you use the Default button in the
21. Fixed - "Change View Mode" in combat was not displaying the new mode in text on the screen.
"Skewed Follow" will keep the map centered on the currently selected piece in combat (you
cannot scroll the map yourself).
22. Fixed - Updated description of "Propulsion Experts" to make it clear that this bonus is only to vehicles
in space (fighters don't get the bonus for ground movement).
23. Note - Afterburners don't add movement to a fighter design. These extra movement points only occur in combat.
24. Note - Fighters have a vehicle size setting "Space Combat Maximum Speed Per Movement Point := 0.002" which
is double what a ship gets.
25. Fixed - Fleet Transfer window was not selecting the first items in the lists by default.
26. Fixed - Hotkey for building a stellar construction would cause an error.
27. Fixed - Warp points moved by stellar constructions would leave the warp point destination.
28. Fixed - Fixes for Transfer Cargo and Launch/Recover Units windows in Simultaneous Games.
29. Note - If you use Transfer Cargo to load cargo or drop cargo in a Simultaneous Game, you need to give
the ship orders to move to the location first. Same goes for Launch/Recover.
30. Added - SE5_Script.pdf to the "Docs" directory. This document details the scripting language used for the AI,
external events, and intelligence projects.