This release addresses issues with nVidia 66.93 drivers, force feedback, 5.1 sound support, multiplayer, profile options and more, and also enables multiplayer destruction derby.
FlatOut PC patch v1.1
To install the patch:
Copy the Flatout.exe, patch.bfs and patch.ini files to the root of the install
folder (by default this is c:\program files\empire interactive\flatout) and run
The following items have been fixed or improved:
* Fix for the nVidia 66.93 drivers. The game no longer crashes when a race is
started. The game has also been tested up to the 67.03 drivers with no problems
* Engine fire burns aligned to the car's coordinates, e.g. when the car is
upside down, flames go down.
* Tuning menu: BHP meter and colors randomly switch when changing profile.
* Flip back and forth to statistics screen and the BHP grows bug.
* Force feedback slows game in some cases.
* 5.1 sound support is not working on some setups.
* Disconnects when returning to the lobby in multiplayer games.
* When the game briefly minimizes before starting a multiplayer game, sometimes
gives a blue screen (this is quite rare, but it does happen sometimes)
* Only 2 players can play if NetLimiter is installed.
* Bug with public ip detection, if the commandline network options are used.
* Enabled a switch to allow the player to turn off ragdoll in single player
(located in the Options Menu).
* Enabled multiplayer destruction derby.