v1.0.8 adds significant improvements to many areas of the simulation, particularly campaign and multiplayer.
PATCH 1.08 CHANGELOG
* Improved ground avoidance for low altitude flying of AI.
* Fixed AI continuing landing pattern when human lead switches from landing waypoint back to route waypoints.
* AWACS comms now continue if a package-assigned FAC is shot down.
* AI will use rockets more effectively on ground targets.
* Made AI more responsive on Weapons Free command for A-G missions - read the Addendum manual for further information about AI handling.
* Fixed issue where AI jets spawning on the runway would sometimes taxi onto the grass causing the departure queue to stall forever.
* Resolved problem where sometimes AI would sometimes chase after enemy A/C with guns instead of engaging with air to air missiles after a Weapons Free command was given.
* ATC gives more time for the player to leave the runway after landing.
* Fixed AI taxiing onto the runway without permission because they're going too fast.
* Refueling changes (also read the Addendum manual):
o Inability of the tanker to refill external tanks fixed.
o Large warps occasionally seen in multiplayer refueling fixed.
o In realistic refueling model, the AI boom driver now applies forces to help position the thirsty aircraft.
o In realistic mode, connecting to the boom now cushions the speed of the refueling aircraft.
o In realistic mode, the player must now use the "Done" tanker radio command, the AI no longer does this on behalf of the player.
o In simplified refueling mode where the AI is providing throttle assistance, a heavily loaded player jet would struggle to catch the tanker. This has been addressed.
o Aircraft in the refueling queue will be ignored by the tanker if they fly away, land or are dead.
o Subtle vertical stabilisation added as the refueling aircraft closes in on the tanker.
Avionics / Weapons
* Smoke marker rockets for FAC flights won't smoke when exploding in the air anymore.
* Fix a bug that caused the RWR to continue chirping when a beamriding missile was switching sensors or lost lock.
* Revised ripple bombing: the impact point shown on the HUD now designates the center of the bomb string.
* CCIP pipper in 2D cockpit fixed.
* Display own bullseye location in the HUD when Bullseye information is turned on (ICP Misc/Bullseye page).
* Fixed the 5900lbs limit sometimes imposed on refueling.
* Fixes for Helmet Mounted Sighting (HMS) system - read the Addendum Manual for more information.
* SAM units work more effectively now. Target selection (previous fixation on the lead aircraft) is improved.
* Alignment of radar displays in A-A and A-G modes fixed.
* During ramp start do not delay engine start with the need to move throttle.
* Improved 2000lb effectiveness compared to 500lb (2000lb slight increase in footprint/damage). Also, two 2000lb GP or PEN bombs will now destroy runway sections.
* Improved default loadouts against underground factories. More need for PEN type weapons.
* Adjust drag index on center rail with ECM pod or camera.
* Slight update on F-16 flight model (small leading-edge flag issue and F-16 block 40/42 weight adjusted).
* Added CBU-58/52 to center bay of B-52 (27 count).
* Fixed issue where F-117 would be tasked with no weapons on SEAD strikes.
* Fixed issue with some aircraft not being able to be destroyed (e.g. Mi-28, C-17, C-5, E-8).
* Fixed an issue where landing on an apron would destroy the aircraft (e.g. north-south airstrip).
* Fixed a issue where some aircraft would load a rocket launcher with no pylon.
* Raised canopy opening angle to 37 degrees for F-16s.
* Flights won't takeoff from destroyed aircraft carrier anymore. Squadrons with flights that were airborne are being relocated to a land-based airbase and continue to operate from there.
* Battalions planned to be stationary should do so more reliably.
* Stocks of fuel tanks added to some F-14 squadrons in Balkans.
* Fixed mission tasking on strike packages so escorts can be added by the ATO.
* On the campaign map, air-to-ground strike missions will now abort less frequently when under attack.
* Improved assigning of engineers to objectives.
* Engineer units now work more effectively, while adding some dynamics to repair times.
* Improved squadron relocation among allied teams.
* Fixed squadron relocation under some conditions.
* Fixed Balkans Powderkeg reporting stalemate without ending the campaign.
* Some other campaign triggers and report strings updated.
* JSTARS added to all Korean campaigns.
* Fixed some objective settings for Balkans campaigns.
* Fixed a couple of units in Korea Rolling Fire that were wrong type for team.
* Balkans PAKs adjusted.
* Names for batallions, brigades and naval units updated.
* 2005/2010 campaigns now have different reinforcement schedules to standard-timeframe campaigns.
* Adjusted some balancing for 2005/2010 campaigns.
* Addressed rare instances of the player aircraft colliding with another aircraft when the player moves from 2D to 3D when joining the flight already in the air.
* Fixed wrong TACAN channels on cockpit maps.
* Glance forward in 3D cockpit will now cover the whole RWR.
* Adjust 2D cockpit light level for NVG mode.
* Outside labels are no longer showing in front of the 3D cockpit.
* Floating buildings fixed.
* Give CBU-103/105 proper model/textures.
* Fixed self-illuminating light sources (like airbases) being darkened by cloud shadows.
* Outside labels are now translucent and fade with distance.
* Support for Hyperlobby added. The bandwidth is now set in the RULES OF ENGAGEMENT screen for Hyperlobby users.
* Commanding AI planes to turn on/off radar won't be automatically performed for human wingmen anymore.
* Fixed the black object textures for hosts re-entering the 3D world.
* Fix floating aircraft on the ground when several clients are connected.
* A few more fixes to the debrief.txt: show the correct aircraft type and list flight members in correct pilot slot order.
* All players can now hear ATC's Resume Own Navigation radio calls during climb-out.
* Fix wrong ATC voices being assigned to airbases.
* Sound loops fixed.
* Allow assigning victory conditions on naval units by right clicking on a unit on the TE map editor.
* ACMI data processing progress now displayed on mission exit screen.
* Fix for dropped airmobile units not being controllable.
* Sometimes music would play at full volume returning to the UI after a multiplayer game, even when music volume was set to zero. This should now be fixed.
* Improved listing of rocket kills for mission debrief.
* Several more CTD fixes.
* New command line option "-print2file" will print briefing to Briefing.txt file instead of sending it to default printer.
* TrackIR can be initialized within 3d simulation in case you forget to start it before starting Falcon. Just ALT-TAB to Desktop, load TrackIR software, get back to Falcon and press ALT-C + T.
* Correctly load pilot/patch pictures in Targa (.TGA) format.