The US Retail Patch, version 1.02 for Close Combat: First to Fight is now online, offering you a new dedicated server, as well as fixing the Portfolio function, and more.
Close Combat: First to Fight ReadMe revision 1.02
Developed by : Destineer Studios
Distributed by : 2K Games
What Was Fixed For the Close Combat: First to Fight 1.02 Patch
1) Dedicated Server was added (view section 7 below for more information). A
separate dedicated server ReadMe has also been included. This separate ReadMe
contains the same information noted in section 7 below.
2) Enhanced observer mode options.
3) Fix to the Portfolio function. Portfolios now display the mission and
statistics scores properly.
4) Fix to the save deletion function. Games can now be properly deleted for all
operating systems from within the game.
5) Fix for AMD SSE chipsets that were having problems running Close Combat:
First to Fight.
6) Fix for a rare crash caused by Windows Media Player handling file formats
for in-game movies. The exe changes the movie file extensions to .wmv when they
are run (once) in-game. (Users with limited accounts or custom access settings
should see section 4 below detailing how to change file extensions manually).
Patch note: if the installation path for the retail version of Close Combat:
First to Fight used the default path or it was user customized to a branch off
of the c drive, the patch installer should be used. This also applies to
Windows ME users. If the installation path for the retail version of Close
Combat: First to Fight was user customized to another hard drive other than the
C drive (i.e. D drive) please use the zip file. Place the contents of the zip
file in the First to Fight program directory.