Retail v1.02 to v1.03 patch.
Hidden & Dangerous 2
General multiplayer issues:
England.take2games.com to check
if your server will allow client CD-key validation. Please visit this site if
you are receiving errors when trying to connect or if you are not able to
connect at all.
V1.03 Patch readme. Notes and notice of improvements included in the patch:
- Occasional player respawn problems have been fixed.
- After destroying any vehicle in a deathmatch map it reappears after 40
seconds like it does in all occupation maps.
- Several crash issues have been fixed.
- Multiplayer character choice adjustments (30 characters for the Allies, 30
for the Axis).
- The same servers are no longer displayed twice after refreshing the server
- Centring on the selected server in the server browser screen has been
- In the Africa1_objective map, a new spawnpoint for the Allies has been added
by the plane, several crates have been added all around the airport, Allies
cannot select sniper rifles in the equipment menu in this map.
- In the Burma1_objective map, bunker loop holes have been adjusted, one
occupation zone has been removed, another access path has been added, documents
return to the original position in 15 seconds after being dropped to the
- In the Czech6_occupation map, border collisions have been moved inwards and
the starting position of the Krupp vehicle by the bunker has been adjusted.
- In the Alps1_occupation map, more access paths have been created and there
have been some terrain adjustments and spawnpoint replacements.
- Panzerfausts and bazookas have been banned in all multiplayer maps without
- You can now knife any player even while he is using a static weapon.
- Using rifles with optics balancing has been addressed.
- The command "Find Cover" has been adjusted.
- Several AI improvements.
- In Operation Snowball - Scout, a vanishing barrel and doors colliding with
boxes and stands have been fixed.
- In Operation Nomad - Spaghetti Airport, an invisible crate and a problem
concerning the documents have been fixed; furthermore, when the plane takes
off, its explosives placement position hides itself.
- An animation engine crash has been fixed.
- A crash due to invalid shot collisions has been fixed.
- A problem involving the immobility of a soldier being healed by a medic who
was killed (singleplayer + multiplayer) has been fixed.
- Several text fixes.
- The Windows XP firewall port has been opened both for the game and for the
- The server autorestart function has been added.
- Maximum ping settings and subsequent automatic kicking of players with high
pings has been added.
- New multiplayer commands have been added:
"nextmap" - changes the map to the next one in the list or to the specified
"removemap" - removes the specified map from the list
"asay" - administrator "say" command.
"maxinactivity" - will kick a player when he is inactive, not playing
(default setting - 300 seconds). The "0" setting turns this feature off.
"maxfreq" - sets the maximum working frequency of the server, default
is"50. It should not be less than 20.
"maxping" - sets the maximum ping allowed on the server. The "0" setting
turns this feature off.
"allowvehicles" - disables/enables all vehicles in the map after restarting
the round. Possible values 0 or 1.
"autorestart" - starts the server again after a crash (has to be entered
before the server is created). Possible values 0 or 1.
- Various sound problems concerning SB sound cards in combinations with certain
drivers have been fixed.
- Map view adjustments - friendly players icons display also their last command
or chat message (10 seconds).
- Chat communication and other information will be displayed in the dedicated
- In multiplayer, promotions will improve player's skills and on the other
hand, degradations will decrease them.
- The dedicated server is disconnected from Direct X (except from DirectPlay)
and does not need a graphic card - therefore there are lower PC requirements
- The server name is displayed in the score box.
- The option of refreshing only a single server in the server browser screen is
- The server browser screen displays also the number of on-line servers and
V1.02 Patch readme. Notes and notice of improvements included in the patch:
- The winning team in Occupation mode is no longer only determined by the
number of points but also by the complete occupation of a map.
- Objectives are no longer completed when the point limit is reached.
- Fixed - crash caused by quick disconnecting and reconnecting.
- Fixed - crash caused by throwing a defensive grenade and then disconnecting.
- Fixed - bug involving First Aid kits usage on client computers.
- Fixed issues involving CD validation for players using the same name.
- New message box is shown when it is not possible to validate the CD key.
- A folder name is no longer used for a map name in the internet game.
- The Listplayers command functionality has been improved.
- Different language versions on server and client computers no longer cause
all styles of internet games to be displayed only as Deathmatch.
- CZ4_MP map spawn points have been fixed.
- The CD key validation system has been improved by using the UDP protocol.
- Fixed invisible players.
- The kickplayer playername command has been fixed.
- Fixed spawn zones becoming inactive on maps before they should.
- The VIP player is no longer incorrectly assigned to non VIP players
- The VIP player is no longer inappropriately shown on the map of the server
computer when another multiplayer mission is loaded.
- Mission items are no longer invisible on client computers for the first round
of multiplayer games.
- The "Restore internet servers" command has been fixed.
- The Axis tank in Operation Nomad: Whiskey Bar has been fixed so that it can
- A bug involving changing the pose to stand whilst in the tactical map has
- A bug relating to displaying the Crosshair information for using a vehicle
and then switching to the tactical mode has been fixed.
- Various problems with team commands menu have been fixed.
- The roll-menu for the Junkers 88 has been fixed.
- Various problems in first-person view while switching items have been fixed.
- Fixed - crash when destroying the aircraft parts boxes in Burma 1, then
loading the game and destroying them again.
- Fixed - crash involving the motorcycle being destroyed.
- Player AI stealth bar now reacts when throwing grenades or shooting.
- Fixed - crash bug involving spotting a dead dog after loading a save game.
- The crosshair for tank machineguns has now been disabled.
- Fixed - crash involving loading a game after throwing a grenade.
- Various key mapping problems on some configurations have been fixed.
- Soldiers no longer get stuck in some objects or walls when trying to go round
- Fixed - issues relating to equipping new soldiers in the reinforcements menu
have been fixed.
- Fixed - occasional crash when exiting the soldier equipment menu.
- Records in Diary have been fixed.
- Agent Salters dialogue synchronisation in Operation Challenger: Estate Agent
has been fixed.
- A problem related to not completing the mechanics objective in Operation
Nomad: Guests has been fixed.
- Sygurds cottage dialogue synchronisation in Operation Snowball: Rendezvous
has been fixed.
- The Mission Failed cutscene in Operation Challenger: Babes in the Wood has
- Fixed issues relating to displaying enemy soldiers when in Tactical Mode.
- Fixed issues relating to the SAS soldiers sight in tactical mode has been
- Other minor issues have been fixed
- The calculations of the visibility meter have been improved.
- Game Pause notification added.
- Enemy dispersion in medium difficulty has been increased.
- Enemies are now more human in their bazooka handling ability.
- New default keyboard settings (WASD) have been added.
- Multiplayer: Medics (players with higher FIRST AID skill greater than 50%)
can see other team mates health status.
- Singleplayer: SAS soldiers can now heal themselves (dependent on the Medic