This patch updates the Direct2Drive version of STALKER: Shadow Of Chernobyl from v1.0001 to v1.0003. It fixes several crash bugs and more.
Make sure the game is not running when you patch.
After installing the patch, you will still be able to play multiplayer games across the different SKUs, but it is very important that you install the correct patch for your SKU.
There are different versions of the patch that depend on what SKU you have installed and whether or not you have already patched to 1.0001.
If you have NOT patched to 1.0001 and are still on 1.0000, use the inclusive version below that corresponds to the game SKU that you bought:
USA : stk-US-0-3.exe
World Wide* : stk-WW-0-3.exe
Digital Download : stk-DD-0-3.exe
If you have patched to version 1.0001 already, use the incremental version below that corresponds to the game SKU that you bought:
USA : stk-US-1-3.exe
World Wide* : stk-WW-1-3.exe
Digital Download : stk-DD-1-3.exe
*World Wide refers to all countries besides the USA, Russia and CIS. Polish and Czech users need only to install the stk-WW-0-3.exe patch.
Saved games from 1.0001 version will work with 1.0003 version.
Connecting to the server will be possible only if the host's version of the game is the same as yours.
The patch addresses the following changes:
* Added some textures of certain objects (for technical purposes).
* Added console command 'sv_listmaps' to view the list of maps queue.
* Added the support for additional mouse buttons (now they can be bound to certain actions).
* Fixed bugs with player's character health bar in Multi-player.
* Fixed the crash upon making the screenshot to a saved game.
* Fixed the bug with standing dead bodies upon connecting to the game.
* Fixed inventory items placing system (Free for all and Team play modes).
* Fixed the enumeration of the game's version.
* Fixed the crash with using Numpad in some localizations.
* Fixed the crash on the level "Military warehouse".
* Fixed the crash while idling on the pause menu
* Fixed the crash in dialog with Professor Sakharov on the Yantar level.
* Fixed the storyline task "Meet with the Guide", now you can get it by searching Ghost's corpse.
* Fixed the bug with NPCs spawning in front of the player.
* Fixed the A-life reaction time. Now A-life spawns new NPCs more seldom. Also NPC movement speed is decreased when NPC are on different level then the player.
* Binary files are now compiled with large address aware flag that supports up to 3GB address space (relevant for Windows VistaT users).
* Added the possibility to record/play the camera fly-around ('demo_record'/'demo_play' commands). Now Stalker is ready for benchmarks.
* Fixed aspect ratio 16/9. Now the owners of the widescreen displays will have the benefit from greater viewing radius.
* Fixed various crashes with dedicated server.
* The network packets have been merged. This will make the ping reduce twice or more.
* The correctness of map name is now verified when changing the map using the console.
* Fixed the dragging of dead bodies by monsters.
* Now dumps will be saved upon the game crashes.
* Fixed the in-game patching system for all localizations.
* Fixed the problem with the exceedingly long players' names.
* Fixed textual problems for 16/9 video format.
* Fixed game freezing upon trying to connect to a different version.
* Fixed binocular Spectator crash.
* Fixed non-existent grenade launcher firing.
* Fixed players turning invisible when reduced to a minimal amount of health.
* Fixed pre-selected skin not allowing for player spawn.