The cumulative 1.0.21 patch for Worldshift. See File Details for changes.
UPDATE 1.0.21 (8 September 2008)
* Added a new special location: “Bridges of Trial”, unlocked by completing “Dunetown Base”.
* Individual players can now pause the game up to 3 times in multiplayer games. Added a pause counter to the pause window.
* Fixed several issues related to the regional chat channels. Now these channels should work properly again.
* Added Russian, Spanish, Italian, and Chinese regional channels.
* Limited the acceptable characters in a user channel name.
* Fixed several Vista related issues under restricted user accounts, like non-playing movies and forgetting the CD key entered by the user.
* Fixed some character portraits: High Priest XLII in “Caught in the Web”, the technicians in “Following the Crumbs”, the Surgeon in “New Enemy”.
* Fixed the effect icons in the Selection Info window when a mob or boss is selected.
* Fixed some effect descriptions and icons for the variants of the Confuse action.
* Removed the obsolete description identifier that showed when the Tribes’ structure was selected in “New Enemy”.
* Fixed an issue related to picking terrain points at bridges.
* Units that have died on a bridge will fade out out instead of sinking into the ground.
* AoE action decals now correctly represent the area affected.
* The conversation lines in story missions are now correctly visible at screen resolution 800x600.
* Fixed a bug that caused the cursor not to be changed when selecting items.
* Fixed an untranslated ‘Alert’ message box title.
* The Statistic window is now hidden immediately on exiting the lobby.
* Apostrophes, quotation marks, etc. should appear correctly in the items’ tooltips again.
* Addressed some crash-related issues under Vista.
* Moved the numerical indication for Power in the selection info window a little to the right (4-digit health values used to overlap its icon sometimes).
* Fixed crashes related to incorrect model cache flushing on closing a map.
* Sound volume now should be restored to previous levels when switching to/from the game.
UPDATE 1.0.17 (9 May 2008)
The technicians in mission Following The Crumbs now have 4 times more HP
Damage reduced of ROM Z-Bots and ROM Rippers
Slight changes to make missions a bit easier
UPDATE 1.0.16 (8 May 2008)
MAJOR Balance pass! All hit-point stats changed dramatically. Many damage and healing related stats were also changed. Overall: the tempo of the fights should be a bit slower, most dungeons should be a bit harder!
Fixed several crashes and desyncs.
Added player rankings and stats for 1v1 Deathmatch games.
Items improving Shaman's Renew got toned down slightly.
Shamans can now drain life from any enemy (not only living creatures).
Brute price was increased with 1 unit point.
The application is now moved to the foreground when a multiplayer game is about to start
Fixed a bug with Master's Feed healing too much. Now it is still as strong after using Demonic Hunger in the Cult specialization tree.
Adjusted item bonuses affecting crowd control abilities.
Items boosting the Confuse action got rebalanced.
Assassin damage increased.
Assassin proximity bonus adjusted.
Assassin's Expose Target ability now works properly.
Horrify duration reduced to 8 seconds.
Fire lash upgrade is now more expensive and takes longer to finish.
Corruption field damage increased.
Fixed a bug causing some artifacts on the field to disappear.
Fixed a bug causing Shifters to restore target's psi instead of draining it.
Added an icon for Power Overseer and modified the icon of Saling Commander.
Fixed a bug with the icon of the Overseer not changing properly when in multiple selection.
Fixed a wrong character icon in the conversations during the "Ascent" mission.
Dunetown Base: Reduced Frank's psi regeneration rate.
Dunetown Base: Additional artifact now spawns near the boss reinforcements spawn point if both bosses die within 30 seconds.
Dunetown Base: Fixed a bug preventing Adam from healing after the engineers are killed once.
Bloodsport Arena: Fixed a bug causing Reptile to show the name and icon of Battle Yamu or vice versa.
ROM Base: Fixed the names of the megacannon power cells.
Junkyard: Xessk fight is now significantly harder.
Kharum: Minimap pings will stop for the power sources already activated; fixed High Priest's conversation icon.
Kharum: Defeat screen (mission failed) no longer comes up if Ran Boo dies after the ancient device is activated
Kharum: Ran Boo will have exclamation switch above his head if he stood idle for 5 seconds, allowing other players to tell him to follow them (e.g. if the player Ran Boo followed disconnects)
Ancient Corridors: Ancient Smiths' auras now work properly, making the location a bit harder, last boss fight on hard mode significantly harder.
Corrupted Fields: Increased difficulty - increased the number of mobs, added Shaman mobs near the final boss, increased the number of adds when playing in hard mode, increased the health and the mana of the final boss, added Incinerate Spot ability to the final boss.
Renegades Hideout: final boss tweaks.
Arbiter Fear area slightly reduced, proximity modifiers adjusted to buff the damage, Chain Shot chance increased.
Arbiter damage slightly increased.
Fixed a passability issue in mission "Following the crumbs".
Fixed a bug occasionally preventing players from scrolling the map on start.
Fixed some issues with officers' psi bars in the top left UI.
Boss UI should no longer show up for non-boss units.
Shifting Ray now does not teleport allies and has limited range; cost and cooldown adjusted.
Fixed a bug with item reward slots frames remaining visible on map restart / new map.
Fixed a bug preventing several unit types from dealing critical strikes.
Settings layout changed.
Conversation history button no longer visible on victory screen.
The Portal defense aura now deals 10 dps (was 1.5).
Breeder now appears correctly under the fog of war.
"Revive Leader" switches will no longer be visible on the minimap after they are used.
Shards needed to reset the specializations reduced from 50 to 20.
Reduced item bonuses to drain life chance.
'9' and '0' can now be used as group selection buttons.
The icon of the last queued unit will no longer remain visible in the unit production queue.
Guardian Illusions now have proper icons.
Scorpion mobs and bosses no more use the Ripper's speech-accompanied attack sound.
Added scrollbars on Practice games, Special Location games, Friends List and Chat users.
Recycle no longer remains visible if a game starts while an item is being dragged.
Added deathmatch player stats on inspect.
Added bindings.cfg (in APPDATAWorldShiftCfg) which stores the action key bindings (change with care!)
Added a Close button to the Player Inspection window.
Friend authorization request no more duplicated.
Fixed the continuous camera shake when a boss is dead.
Xenolite cannot be destroyed by Incinerate anymore.
Air Strike damage increased slightly.
Holy Shock shouldn't repair structures anymore.
Reduced Nether Nova bonuses from items.
Brute, Harvester and Hatchling confuse durations reduced from 10s to 4s.
Xenoshards yielded by destroyed items now don't depend on probabilities.
In the 21st century, shortly after the colonization of our Solar System had begun, a huge dark object appeared beyond the orbit of Pluto. The object, called ‘Shard Zero’ by the scientists, possessed some kind of a deadly aura, spreading mysterious ‘plague’ of cosmic scale around itself, twisting and disrupting the very nature of space and life. There was no time for reaction, and all attempts to study the anomaly remained futile. When we finally realized the object is moving on a collision course with our planet, it was too late. Shard Zero hit Earth and that was the end of our civilization.
WorldShift is set thousands of years later, when our civilization is no more than a fading myth. The remains of Shard Zero still are spreading its Plague, twisting and re-shaping Earth and its nature, sometimes in the course of centuries and sometimes in a matter of hours. Humans developed a new culture and now live in 5 mega-cities, struggling every day for the precious resources they need to survive. The rest of Earth is populated by the Tribes, successors of early humans, that were affected by the Plague.
WorldShift is a next-gen cyber-fantasy RTS game designed to be quick and very easy to learn and play. It offers hectic, fierce encounters all around the Earth and a fascinating story uncovering ancient secrets about the true nature of the Shard and the Plague. But also, WorldShift introduces many features new to the genre, like modifiable factions, unqiue cooperative multiplayer gameplay, and more.
In WorldShift, there are no technology trees featuring hundreds of upgrades; instead, WorldShift allows the players to discover and acquire a vast number of items and powerful relics that they can use to freely change their gameplay and preferred tactics and to surprise their foes. The players will gather items as they fight their opponents and as rewards for completing missions. But to discover the most powerful relics, they must form teams with their most trusted friends and embark on deadly missions where it is difficult to survive and where the real challenges await.
* Fast and furious multiplayer
* Thousands of items and powerful relics to collect
* Use items and relics to build your own tactics
* The best cooperative, player-vs-environment gameplay ever made in RTS game
* Random maps for infinite exploration
* Unique blend of post apocalyptic setting, hi-tech and primitive
* Epic, dangerous missions with great rewards
* 3 playable races