DVD retail v188.8.131.521 patch.
The Sims 2 by Maxis - DVD retail v184.108.40.2061 patch
Instructions: Save the file to disk and then run it to install the patch.
Please make sure you have your copy of The Sims 2 available during patch
Complete list of changes:
- Fixes "the jump bug" causing Sims with a large number of memories to reset,
or "jump," when performing interactions.
- Visitors will no longer kidnap a baby or toddler by leaving the lot while
- Sims can now plan outfits for toddlers by using the changing table.
- Fixes a crash that would occur when viewing snapshots while simultaneously
- Prevents pixelization from showing through walls when the Sim is behind the
- A Sim whose fiancé dies can now become engaged again.
- Maids can now clean up pizza boxes and baby bottles.
- Fixes problems with the grim reaper and social worker that would disable save
- The plumbbob will no longer appear in an NPCs chest when they marry into a
- Sims no longer get stuck on community lots when a Sim autonomously chooses to
leave in the same car that they arrived in.
- Stargazing on the ground no longer satisfies the "Stargaze with Telescope"
- Fixes a problem with Sims' jobs not functioning properly when 3 or more Sims
go to work in a helicopter.
- Babies now age transition properly when the Help With Birthday interaction is
- Fixes the extremely rare problem where the UI would become disabled when an
elder dies of old age.
- Fixes a problem where small objects (mostly toys) could be deleted when a Sim
interacts with other nearby objects.
- The custom content browser no longer closes when an active link is
- Fixes the problem where coffee cups would occasionally be deleted when an
interaction is cancelled.
- An adopted baby no longer snaps to the ground when the social worker that
delivers it puts it in a crib.
- Sims now take a copy of all clothing in the family's inventory when they move
- Fixes a couple of cases of buy/build mode becoming disabled when the social
worker arrives on the lot.
- Fixes the problem where the teddy bear would occasionally float after being
- Teens no longer get the unsatisfiable "Write a Novel" want.
- Fixes a problem with the newspaper delivery person getting stuck on lots
containing a high number of objects.
- Users with limited user accounts can now run the game.
- Improved performance with Radeon X800 cards. Users continuing to experiencing
problems should update to the 4.10 driver.
- The game no longer affects a user's modem settings when connecting to the
internet via the modem.
- Fixes a problem with default collections not being available when user data