This is the first and last update for the FunMod World of Padman, also known as the PadMod, for the game Quake 3 Arena. It was originally released December 10th, 2004 as a ZIP file only. This patch is not for the stand alone game World of Padman!
World of Padman (Update01)
You have sucessfully downloaded the ZIP-Version of the "World of Padman"-Update.
To install it, unzip the complete archive into your Q3-root-directory and select "use pathnames" in you zip-programm.
Your existing wop-folder should be update with the following files:
and you should be asked to overwrite the "Wop_vms.pk3" -> do it!
You now have sucessfully updated your World of Padman!
- 3 new Padman skins (BioPad, HellPad und SuperPad)
- Pumper: new impacteffect
- NiPPER: new sound and color
- Cap if SoldierPad redone
- the "weapon in sprayroom" bug should be fixed via code ...
- the sliding-effekt after porting should happen less often ;P ...
- added mousewheel-support to some menus (e.g. ingame addBot menu)
- added a small serverInfo-hud (servername, motd, mapname, gametype, pointlimit,timelimit)
- Logos in syc-ffa-team (these should now work correctly and not be reset at a new round)
- Mac problems solved
- g_WarmupReady 0-1 / ready: if activated, the warmup is extended until a fixed number of players are /reaedy.
- a cartridge-drop key (Controls/Misc Menu) can be assign for syc-tp (you will be able to give your collected cartridges to a teammate)
- the Server-Browser got a filter and added a add-to-favorit button
- "gamename" is set to "wop" in the code
- new chat (with player icons) and the chattext appears longer on the screen (can be set via options menu)
- killerducks got more health
- fixed a bug coming up at the combination of follow+sprayroom
- fixed the shoe at the blue Pelvis skin
- Music-menu fixed (now we are able to release new soundtracks)
- Botsupport for all gametypes (only a few powerups and the imperius seem to make small problems for the bots, even some maps have to be tweaked a bit for the bots)
- colored names for bots
- new and fixed spraylogos
- Creditz redone
- following text in Spec. smaller
- new sound in BigBalloon (for Balloon Destroyed)
- remove bots bug fixed
- ... and some small bugfixes
How to use new features:
- set "cg_drawServerInfos 1" to have the serverinfo-hud permanent or bind "toggle cg_drawServerInfos" to anykey ("
bind s toggle cg_drawServerInfos")...
so you can switch it on/off via key, anytime you want (witch a fadeout-effekt)
- g_WarmupReady 0-1 -> server sets g_WarmupReady to a value between 0 and 1 (first set "g_doWarmup 1" !) - 0 means no one has to type in /ready and the game starts immediately and 1 means that 100% of the players have to type it in. By this way, 0.6 means 60 per cent have to type in /ready and so on. Some examples for your cfg:
set g_doWarmup "1"
set g_WarmupReady "0.5" // 50 % have to be /ready
set g_doWarmup "1"
set g_WarmupReady "0.8" // 80 % have to be /ready
This one is very good especially for LPS-Games, because after a map-change, the other players can wait until the rest have sucessfully joined the server. For teamplay it is cool too, if you do not want to have just fun but have a serious game (clanwar or something like this).
©World of Padman