For OpenRA Engine Playtest-2010304! New Kirov Carrier, Buzzer Hive. AI micro-control improvements.
OP Mod release 007+1 now runs on OpenRA Playtest-20170304! The mod was tested but may still have some quirks. If you encounter crashes or bugs, feel free to report it on Github.com or on ModDB.
Important note: the mod now has many modifications to the game's core routines! If you switched to this mod from another mod, then you need to restart OpenRA. Also, switching from this mod to another mod might cause problems. If so, restart OpenRA.
- Soviet now has Kirov aircraft carrier. One carrier can hold up to 5 Migs (which looks smaller but it has the same fire power and HP). These Migs can attack air units, allowing carriers to attack enemy carriers!
- Ant now has a new static defense structure: Buzzer hive. Essentially the same as C&C3 Scrin's Buzzer hive. It spawns up to 4 ants that does "sniper damage".
- AI's heavy tank self-iron curtains when attacked.
- AI's fire ants will deploy when attacked.
- Ant AI can build Super ants and Hyper ants DIRECTLY. (I tried programming it to give Enter orders but another part of the AI issues attack orders immediately, I had to find a walk-around.)
- Shock troopers and Desolators can be produced again.
- Ants can't fixed in ally Service depots anymore.
- Anthills aren't counted for victory condition in short games anymore, as it doesn't provide fog of war revealing. (I want to make it reveal FoW but it requires engine modification)
Hyper ants now require 4 Fire ants to build, instead of 2 Super ants.
Enjoy! I hope my implementation of Carrier logic helps other modders. My repository is here: Github.com and Github.com