Pakistan and India have had 4 wars and the enmity still continues.During these wars, the people who suffer are the civilians. Crossfire is an attempt to demonstrate that no matter which side wins, the losers are only civilians. We hope to bring this reality to the front in this mod. While providing engaging fighting experience.
Just extract the crossfire folder in your OpenRA\mods folder and you are good to go.
- The mod replaces and removes a few units and tries to re-balance the existing units.
- There are no defensive structures except for barriers, so you need to use your units for defense
- Both sides have access to nukes, spy planes and paratroopers
- Prices have been reduced to encourage a faster game pace
- Both sides have almost the same infantry units
- Both sides have light, medium and heavy tanks
- Both sides have long range units that behave differently
- Both sides have scout units whose main purpose is to provide vision
- Light vehicles are deadly versus infantry which has increased their utility
- Capacity of transport units have been increased to support surprise infantry attacks
- No high tech weaponry as I found that to be out of place in this mod
Emphasis is on long range artillery/rockets, huge infantry rushes and using air units as well.
Future additions include:
- Creating proper unit icons
- Adding new sounds
- Possibly adding new music
- Single player campaign missions
- Multiplayer maps
- Replacing unit models
- Re-balancing obviously