This mod is now out of date, and about to be completely obsolete with the upcoming release of OGSR Gunslinger. YOU MUST DOWNLOAD THE DATABASE FILES TOO! READ THE FULL DESCRIPTION OGSR is essentially a standalone expansion of OGSE 0693 on the latest version of OGSR engine, featuring DX11/DX10, all the rendering features of Clear Sky/Call of Pripyat, new quest content, new items/weapons, and more. Integrated with this is a port of OGSE Weapon Expansion Project adapted to this mod, along with a number of other additions and improvements including an English localization. This mod is completely standalone.
OPTIONAL TAZ SOUND REPLACEMENT FOR GUNSHOTS:
PATCH FOR BEFORE 05/13/2020. Main download includes this otherwise
Visual C++ 2017 redistributable:
And of course Microsoft DirectX end user runtimes which should be installed already if you've ever run Windows Update before.
The official OGSR team:
KRodin , dsh, lordmuzer - engine, scripts.
k01jan - new weapons, equipment.
WASP - textures, testing and more.
Alan Waters - testing.
The English translation used here is OGSE 0693's + the new OGSR content has been translated by me with some help from Charcharo, Aleksandr Gerasimchuk, E'ruiq, and Chocohex. Thanks to Pressure for fixing/improving outfit icons and Osteos for fixing an annoying glitchy aim sway.
OGSR is essentially an unofficial expansion to OGSE 0693. New quest content, new weapons, and all on the latest version of OGSR engine (currently Sept. 9 build) which includes DX11/DX10 and all the rendering features of Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. It runs better, it looks better, it is better.
It has some new quests here and there but the biggest new questline is the bandit one: You can now join Kulgavy's bandit gang, and what a fun ride that is.
WHAT I'VE DONE TO IT
- Applied OGSE 0693's and OGSE WEP's English translations to it, and translated the untranslated content with the help of Charcharo and E'ruiq and Chocohex.
- Added well over 100 guns from other mods. No models or sounds were made by me.
- Every model and sound for each gun was hand picked after comparing the versions in mods such as New Arsenal 6, NLC 7 Build 3.0, OGSR, Original Weapons Renewal 3, OP2.1 and its Arsenal Mod implementation. I chose the best model for each, and the best sounds I have in my stolen sound repository.
- The same process above went for weapon attachments.
- The end result is approximately 163 total projectile weapons.
- Rebalanced the entire mod. Weapon/ammo performance is as realistic as possible, the economy is slightly less forgiving but nothing like Misery. Yes, dreaded "realism", but actual realism unlike mods like Misery, based on my experience with and knowledge about firearms since unlike most modder kiddies I actually have experience.
- Redid quest rewards so that they're actually rewarding.
- MANY SCOPES USE PICTURE-IN-PICTURE / DUAL RENDER TECHNOLOGY
- Almost all guns that accept optional scopes can accept more than one. This is impossible in vanilla SoC and all mods using that engine, but possible thanks to OGSE and OGSR.
- Fixed poorly written English dialogue throughout the game (but not all of it yet). I am a grammar nazi.
- Wrote all weapon/ammo descriptions from scratch. The original ones are awful and riddled with a poor sense of humor.
- Fixed broken English string references throughout the mod.
- Rebalanced mutants. The goal was to make them, for the most part, realistically durable. Dogs and cats are very easy to kill now, headshots are very lethal against Snorks, etc.
- Restored Duty outfit textures so that they are no longer camouflaged.
- Added Duty's variant of the SKAT for NPCs only. Did the same for the Freedom Beryl from the newer games (replaced the fucking Clear Sky mismatched armor).
- Added PSZ-9Md Universal Protection, Freedom Scientific Outfit, Monolith Scientific Outfit, Steel Helmet from CoP, Sphere-08 Helmet and Sphere-M12 Helmet from CoP.
- Improved armor variety throughout the game.
- Swapped exoskeleton meshes for the originals. Added SKAT exo mesh for the SKAT exo, and you'll see soldiers wearing it in CNPP.
- Fixed numerous bugs inherent to OGSE, including broken quests and broken string references due to incomplete English translation
- STARTING A NEW GAME WHEN YOU ALREADY HAVE SAVE FILES WILL CRASH THE GAME!
- If your game crashes when start a new game, empty out the contents of _appdata_ folder, OR move the _appdata_\all.sav file into _appdata_\savedgames, and try again. And if it still crashes, now run the game and delete all.sav (do not delete it from the folder yourself) and try again.
- DO NOT USE RANDOM STASHES option in launcher! Not only does it ruin progression, it can spawn NONFUNCTIONAL WEAPONS!!!
- Nonfunctional weapons can still spawn in stashes currently, even without random stashes.
- Some icons are fucked up.
- The engine has some issues when a weapon accepts more than two ammo types. Rarely it will limit you to two, and thus require you to drop ammo in order to load another one that might not be loading.
- The above issue affects hand grenades as well; if you have RGD-5, F1, and OG-1 illumination grenades, randomly you might not be able to equip any unless you drop all of one of them.
- Attaching an ACOG scope to the HK416, HK417, and LR-300 (and EOTech on the HK's) will permanently remove the iron sights. The LR-300 can get them back by installing an EOTech. Can't do anything about this.
- If you have first person clipping with your arms, use the following command: hud_fov 0.41
- Keep in mind that MANY scoped weapons have BACKUP IRON SIGHTS! You can switch to the sight, or second scope on some guns, using the appropriate key which has a binding in keyboard options. Don't ignore this!
- In the Configuration Launcher, I highly recommend setting stash probability to no more than 30%.
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS (addon version only, those who downloaded the repack should ignore):
- Extract this main zip archive
- Extract the database archive from the other download into the main folder
This is what I've tried to achieve when it comes to how many shots it takes to kill human NPCs:
- Unarmored Opponents (leather/bandit jackets) - My baseline is about 5 shots to the torso to kill them, using 9x18 mm or 9x19 mm FMJ ammo
- Lightly Armored Opponents (Bandit trenchcoats since they wear armor under, low end Duty and Freedom outfits, SEVA suits, low tier grunts) - I want them to be hard to take down with normal pistols, and my goal was to make it take 5-6 shots to the torso from 5.45x39 FMJ and 5.56x45 SS190 to kill them
- Moderately Armored Opponents (Mercs, Berill soldiers, Monolith) - This armor should stop up to .30 caliber FMJ rounds. It should be difficult to bring them down with 5.45/5.56 FMJ, taking up to around 10 shots to do so. But I'd like for 5.45/5.56 AP to take around 5-6 shots to the torso to dispose of them.
- Heavily Armored Opponents (SKATs, elite Exos) - This armor should, to some extent, stop up to .30 caliber AP rounds. Ideally it would take about 5 shots to the torso from 7.62x51/7.62x54 AP rounds to take them down, although it's usually less in practice.
- .338 Lapua Magnum and above should one shot fatally wound any human. .50 BMG API-T should one shot kill any human.
If you have any questions or feedback or just want to get more into the loop with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. modding, join the C-Consciousness discord: