The time is finally here.. After a year of hard work, we’re pleased to show off our first iteration of the mod that you’ll all no doubt be familiar with, that Wector originally released back in 2009, remastered for the current generation. As it’s Star Wars day, we felt this would be the perfect time to give something back to the community and hopefully re-ignite some of the passion we all have for Star Wars.
As the mod starts to run, you’ll begin to notice some big improvements across the board and we hope you’ll be pleased and appreciate all these new changes that’s been made and gone in to the mod’s development, to bring it up to standard of some of the more modern Jedi Academy mod’s out there, such as “Movie Battles II”.
As this is our first iteration of the mod, it is only a Beta, so you may no doubt run in to some minor bugs and glitches, along the way. Some, the team are aware of, but feel free to post and leave any feedback about any bugs you find, so we can get them addressed and fixed, for when the final version of the mod is released.
But enjoy the updated version and rest assured, that the team are still constantly working hard to deliver a fun and immersive Star Wars experience.
Happy Star Wars Day! And May the Force be with you, always.
STAR WARS: Movie Duels Team.
List of some KEY improvements, over the original mod:
- Mod is using OpenJK as its primary game engine.
- New & accurate lightsaber blades (the "movie-like" SFX Sabers have been added).
- New & more accurate lightsaber sounds.
- Faster lightsaber ignition speed.
- New animations and duel stances for most of main SW characters.
- New camera angles.
- New & improved player models.
- New & more movie "accurate" skyboxes and map textures.
- HD audio dialogues, music and option for subtitles.
- Expanded character menu and basic menus with more options.
Note - Before you start the installation you must remove any other Modifications in your "LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\Game data\base" folder. Critical bugs can occur if Movie Duels is combined with other mods.
1. Remove old MD2 version (2009) from your Gamedata folder.
2. Extract files from MD_Beta.zip to your Gamedata folder. For example: "LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\Gamedata" folder.
3. To Play you have to double-click on STAR_WARS_-_Movie_Duels.bat in Gamedata folder.
4. To uninstall just delete files that were extracted.
Thank you for downloading the Star Wars: Movie Duels Modification!