The Modern Adventure physics mod attempts to replicate the precision low-speed maneuvarability of the Adventure-era titles as well as a higher degree of non-boost control at higher speeds in addition to other small alterations allowing for more accurate platforming in Sonic Generations. Please get in touch with me if you run into any major bugs or glitches.
1. When loading the Modern Adventure mod, it MUST be the first mod read in the mod loader, otherwise it will not work. Re-order your mods accordingly.
2. If you are playing vanilla Generations levels with Modern Adventure, MAST (Modern Adventure Scripting Tweaks) IS A NECESSITY. Because MA is based on Classic Sonic's movement, some level scripts in Modern Sonic's stages will cause problems. Some are small, like a rainbow trick ring sending Sonic flying too far, while others are game-breaking, like the first loop in Crisis City locking Sonic in place trapped in a scripted segment. MAST is a colleciton of small patches to the Vanilla modern levels altering these scripts ensuring MA is fully compatible. Make sure MAST directly follows MA in the loading order. MAST is only necessary in vanilla Generations levels.
BUG FIXES IN VERSION 1.1:
1. Multiple additions made to MAST to account for reported issues in vanilla Generations stages, including some challenge stages. These include springs that fling players too far during boosting. Small patches have been made for Empire City and Jungle Joyride for the Unleashed Project as well; read it's entry under "Stage Mod Compatability" (In the IMPORTANT-README.txt file) for instructions on how to implement.
2. Jumping physics have been tweaked for 2D segments.
3. Homing Attack has been fixed with the correct amount of vertical gain after attacking being re-implemented. It's distance has also been reduced due to reports of it causing players to overshoot platforms.
4. Athleticism skill was causing issues. Edits have been made to improve these issues and allow for Athleticism to be used, but playing without is still recommended.
5. Sonic's acceleration has been altered. Sonic's initial accel rate is lower for more precision, ideal for platforming areas. Sonic's max velocity remains the same speed however.
6. Quick-step in non quick-step areas has been fixed.
7. Super Sonic is tested and has been de-automated. Super Sonic can play through stages normally without taking its usual on-rails automated paths.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.