Mod Patch 1.15b.
Thank you for downloading this small mod. This mod tripples
the amount of vehicles and
infantry you can build, includes the Imperial Guard as a
multiplayer race (including painter
preview) as well as a starting army of a variety of
infantry and vehicular units. If there
are balancing problems with the starting armies, please
don't hesitate to let me know using
the e-mail given at the bottom.
The Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines's cap research
has been modified to accomodate the
changes to the unit cap.
This package contains two different Space Marine starting
armies setups. The default set has
standard Space Marine units, but the other version has a
starting army with Imperial Guard
units and a few Space Marine units. In order to swap them,
rename the space_marine_race.lua
file in this archive to space_marine_race.tmp, and rename
the space_marine_race.txt to
space_marine_race.lua. These files are located in the
\W40k\TotalWar\attrib\racebps folder in
Scroll down to read the updates in this release.
- The Legacy
This is a quick release beta to repair a major balancing
error, and to test out the maximum
building limits for units such as the avatar and force
commander. This still has the glitches
that need to be ironed out, hense why it's called a beta.
This is a PATCH, so do not remove your
v1.1 install! If you do not have v1.1, download it first!
(Though the updates ARE compatable with v1.0, but require
some tricky installation.)
Simply extract this zip file into your Dawn of War main
folder, without deleting the original
When you are ready to uninstall this mini-mod, simply
delete the TotalWar folder located in
your W40k directory, delete the totalwar.module file in the
root directory, shortcut files,
and the folder totalwar located at \Dawn of
War\Profiles\Profile1. That's it! If you just want
to remove the patch, remove the TotalWar folder, and
Patch v1.15b Information:
- The Eldar and Orcs now can build less webway
gates/waaaagh banners to reach their cap limits.
- Number specific units (eg. Squiggoth, Avatar, Force
Commander, etc) now can be built three fold
(eg 3 Squiggoths, 12 Apothecarys, 3 Force Commanders etc.)
- The IG Lemun Russ now has the equivelent hitpoints and
costs of its orkish cousin.
Patch v1.1 Information:
- Mod now starts with a shortcut, which keeps your original
- The Imperial Guard now has a starting base, with a
limited tech tree.
- The Colonel and infantry have their buildtimes and costs
- Imperial Guard units now have a cap value.
- Imperial Guardsman units can now capture strategic
- Army Painter now includes all single player and standard
units, as well as their
respective barracks structure.
- The Imperial Guard has some new structures, as well as
its own Rhino transport and servitor.
- The Imperial Guard can upgrade their missile turrets to
Known Glitches To Be Addressed:
- Imperial Guard AI is still missing.
- Computer AI won't build to their cap limits.
- Most Army Painter preview units aren't animated; some are
zoomed too close or too far.
- When an Imperial Guard player joins or creates a game
with Assasinate, the game will crash.
- The Imperial Guard Lascannon upgrade 'backtracks' to the
bolter, though fires a lascannon
- The Imperial Guard generator does not show up in the
- The Imperial Chapel (Armory) won't build the Inquisitor.
- The layered buildtree for the IG does not work, so all
structures can be built immediately.
- The Lemun Russ is missing its building details. As well,
they have less than half the hit
points of an Orcish Lemun Russ.
- The Lascannon upgrade description has a minor case typo.
- The Imperial Rhino uses the Space Marine description.
- Can't do Smoke Launcher research for the Imperial Rhino.
- Colonel Brom should probably use 1 Squad Cap point
instead of 2.
Maybe even make zero points (like S/Marine hero's) but with
a limit to
how many a player can have.
- Space Marine units and structure what can be used by IG
use the green colour scheme even when you have selected a
one. (Note: The base IG units cannot be modified, so this
may be a blessing in disguise)
- Some of the new units such as the IG and Colonel Brom use
settings for model and texture quality instead of always
quality like the default units do.
- Civilians don't show up at all. (Because their size is
too small, try rotating them)
- Some units are shown twice (e.g Colonel Brom) (Because
some are same-but-different)
- Some unit previews have multiple hands on one arm holding
close-combat weapon and a banner (Cannot be fixed at this
(Unknown how to fix)
Thanks to Hamish for the heads up for some of these issues.
Some of these glitches I do not
know how to fix, so please let me know how to fix them!
I am not responsible for any damages your computer may
suffer from installing this mod.
On that note, text files aren't likely to do any damage...
- No unit stats (except for build limits) have been
changed. The exception is the Lemun Russ.
- This mod can be easily deleted by deleting the files that
this mod installed.
- 4x Servitor
- 4x Space Marine Squads
- 1x Rhino Transport
- 2x Predator
- 1x Land Raider
- 1x Force Commander
Chaos Space Marines:
- 4x Slave
- 4x Chaos Space Marine Squads
- 2x Chaos Predator
- 1x Defiler
- 1x Cultist Squads
- 1x Chaos Lord
- 4x Grot
- 5x Slugga Boy Squads
- 3x Wartrak
- 2x Looted Lemus Russ
- 1x Warboss
- 4x Bonesinger
- 4x Ranger Squads
- 3x Falcon Grav Tank
- 2x Fire Prism
- 1x Banshee Squads
- 4x Colonel
- 1x Inquisitor
- 5x Lemun Russ
- 10x Imperial Infantry Squads
To contact me, please e-mail me at thelegacy. Please do not
spam, and I
would like to hear any comments, glitch reports, or
balancing issues you may have.