Patch version release to fix several bugs and provide additional polishing.
This is a patch release for the adventure “The Gathering”. Please continue to report any crashes, odd behaviour or issues observed while playing this adventure.
Any and all additional feedback is also welcome, but may or may not be included in this first release, but please provide it as it will be considered for future releases.
Here is what’s changed since 1.0.0:
- Decided to add in the navigation compass for desktop also for players who only wanted to use mouse-only game play. This is off by default, but can be turned on in the options window.
- I mistakenly put the “auto-save on exit” option on the main menu. So when attempting to exit the game using “quit” with auto-save on exit active, you would end up crashing because there was no adventure to actually save. Removed the option from that section.
- When creating a new game, the original green check mark seemed to be missed by some people, so I’ve made the “Start Game” more obvious in the UI now.
- Added corner collision tiles to allow for slightly better checks in some maps.
- Added a new feature I call the “flower sniffer”. This is just a small polish added to some elements on the maps that allow the player to now “walk through” decorations such as flowers, plants etc.