Middle Earth at War Beta. MEaW is a Sandbox LOTR mod for M&B Warband. It is a visual overhaul, there are no major differences to Native gameplay. No quest, no fixed alliences.
Middle Earth at War Beta
Created by Easterling
In cooperation with TLD-Overhaul team
File size: 1 GB
Middle Earth at War is a Sandbox LOTR mod for M&B Warband. It is a visual overhaul, there are no major differences to Native gameplay. No quest, no fixed alliences.
Unzip the file to your Warband's Modules folder (Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules")
- Campaign map of Middle Earth
- 12 factions: Gondor, Rohan, Dale, Eriador, High Elves, Silvan Elves, Dwarves, Mordor, Isengard, Harad, Rhun, Orcs of the Misty Mountains
- Armors, Weapons and Troops for every faction
- Races: Men (playable), Elves (playable), Dwarves, Orcs, Uruks, Goblins, Trolls
- Townwall/Castle scenes of many places in Middle Earth
- Food lasts longer
- Horse charge do more damage
- Battle continues after falling unconscious
- Bigger looter party size for more fun
- More Recruits. Recruit also in Towns/Castles
- Type of recruit depends on owning faction. Original units in player's kingdom available
- Lords are no more able to switch factions
- Champions (from Tavern) don't argue
- More equipment for the arena available
- Place higher bets on yourself in the arena to get rich faster
- Town Garrisons are 3-5 times larger
- Random generated battlefileds replaced with large flat maps
The mod is only available in english.
I know that it's not 100% complete, but all important things are done. Some "no battlemap" scenes and most text stuff, marriage system ect. isn't overhauled so far, but since this is not relevant for the gameplay and the release is overdue, I decided to leave it for now. Some wanted gamemechanics may not work. Please keep in mind this is the first beta version. If you find any bugs, gliches, false/strange or missing textures or other unwanted things feel free to report.
Information for Modders/Permission:
I allow to use everything I have created. That contains everything except the models, sounds and music. I have not created any of these, so if you want to use them, ask their creators. I can not give you any permission. If you want to do a submod, overhaul ect. you can download the module_systems folder.
Special thanks for the support of the TLD-Overhaul team for the access to their models and thier advice.
Rise of Mordor team (Mr.jox, Enpremi) - Dale models and textures, help and advices
The_Idiot - Film Edition mod - Gondor/Harad Armors
The Last Days Development Team
ivanhoe95 - assets from Blood in The West mod
TW_King_Kong - assets from Third Age - Total War
Kael_ - Persistent Lord of the Rings
Spak - Spak Items OSP
Lucass - Lucass OSP
Maroon - Full Invasion armors LSP
Brego - LOTR armors and weapons
Rodrigo Ribaldo - free camera movement script
Pete Klassen - Ringbearer font