This mod compiles your current avoidance, crit reduction and damage mitigation statistics into a simple shiny bar and a calculated Vulnerability Index.
Melee Defense Meter, or MDM, is a small and simple mod to compile your current avoidance, crit reduction and damage mitigation statistics into a simple shiny bar and a calculated Vulnerability Index. The index itself is more or less an estimated precentage of how much of an NPCs melee damage you will take over a specific set of time.
Though this is most useful for anyone tanking or off-tanking, it might be of some interest to anyone who risks engaging NPCs in melee combat.
What it does:
* Tells you a dynamically adjusted rough estimate how vulnerable you are to melee damage from NPCs.
* Sums up miss rate, dodge rate and parry rate to give you a sum avoidance.
* Shows a movable coloured bar to see at a glance how likely you are to be hit (and of what type) or not to be hit.
* Shows with colour wether you risk suffering a critical hit or crushing blow against your selected (NPC) target.
What it doesn't do:
* Shows your vulnerability to spells or other magical damage
* Show you anything exactly valuable for PvP other than your base avoidance.
* Adjust vulnerability for targetted NPCs lower than your level (only higher)
* Let you change colours and other options (yet).
It's still work in progress and not entirely feature-perfect yet. I'm hoping to get to a point where it'll have some basic options settable along with other fancy tricks, but for now focus is on getting the numbers right and compensating for as many variables as possible.
To use it is simple: The bar can be dragged around freely and when you mouse over the vulnerability index it'll show a tooltip showing a bit more of a detailed breakdown. The bar is coloured so that misses are dark green, parries are green, dodges are blue, blocks are white, hits are yellow, critical hits are red and crushing blows are dark red. Additionally, the vulnerability rating goes red if you risk suffering a crushing blow, orange if you risk suffering a critical hit and white if you have no NPC targetted or have negated both through block and avoidance.