This is the latest official patch for the version of MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat that is included in the MechWarrior 2: Battlepack compilation.
BATTLEPACK PATCH v.1.0.5
This patch fixes a number of rough edges and oddities we've encountered since the product was first code released. The actual fixes we've made are described in the list below (in "PATCH FIX LIST").
Also, there are a number of other clarifications we'd like to make to answer some of the questions we've received:
a) There IS a key command that allows you to toggle between GROUPS of weapons. That key is the apostrophe key (').
b) There is a problem in NetMech that isn't being fixed currently. It occurs ONLY when a user repeatedly hits the space bar after the LAUNCH button has been hit and before the actual mission has started. The current fix to this is...don't do that.
1.0.5 PATCH FIX LIST FOR BATTLEPACK
1) A texture ID conflict that occasionally caused corrupted textures (and other problems) has been fixed.
2) NetMech missions have been fixed so that changing OBJECT DENSITY (in Combat Options) has no effect. This prevents players from toggling OBJECT DENSITY to low and bypassing walls and other obstacles.
3) Several missions have had objectives clarified or subtle gameplay tweaks made in order to make them more enjoyable.
4) The NETMECH logo animation has been changed to a static PCX. The animation had been causing a slowdown while typing in "chat" mode that was annoying to some users.
5) The NEW MECHWARRIOR/ALLEGIANCE pull-down options have been REMOVED from both games. This prevents a crash that was rarely occuring. Players can still choose to change allegiances or start a new MechWarrior by backing out to the REGISTER screen and selecting the option there.
6) Betty now says "MISSION SUCCESSFUL" in ALL Trials of Grievance (and Combat Simulator in GBL) missions. (She previously only said it in about half the missions.)
7) There was a problem that occurred when an ARROW IV system was added to the torso, legs, or head of a mech. This has now been fixed.
8) The IRQ option has been removed from the NetMech modem settings screen due to the fact that it DOESN'T ACTUALLY MATTER when you're using Win95. (This had been a carryover from the old DOS code.)
9) The NetMech launch lights are now completely fixed and will accurately show all launches.
10) The CAPTURE THE FLAG scenario (CARSE) in NetMech has been fixed so that if a player dies after "getting the flag", then they have to go back and get it again before being able to win.
11) Whenever you are waiting for a connection (in IPX or Internet), you will now receive a dialog box saying "WAITING FOR CONNECTION". This help prevents people from thinking they are in an actual Ready Room without actually having a connection in existence.
12) The audio track no longer switches to the next track when you hit PAUSE or COMBAT OPTIONS. Instead, it restarts the correct track after you un-PAUSE.
13) The screen flicker problem in NetMech has been fixed.
14) If you headshot an aerotech target, it explodes immediately instead of hovering in mid-air for a long time after it's dead.