This mod from pandapop999 and Hmatt adds a new gametype to the game called "Man Hunt".
Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
TITLE: Man Hunt
AUTHOR: pandapop999 and Hmatt
WEBSITE: www.tfoclan.com (Clan website)
DATE STARTED: 27 October 06
DATE RELEASED: 13 September 08
FOR: Windows ONLY. There is no support for Linux or Mac (generally applies for someone who wanted to host the mod on a server).
-To all of TFO, the clan brought us together and without TFO, we wouldn’t have been able to do of done this mod.
-OJP Team. Using the open source for some features.
-Vamps for some of the mod inspiration, the concept art and playing the mod with us in the early stages.
-Firestorm for doing some of the graphics
-pandapop999 for doing the coding and animation. (Also a tad UI work too).
-Hmatt for doing the maps, skins, HUD, scripts, UI and Strings
- JaKal for doing the weapon models.
To install Man Hunt. Move the Man_Hunt folder from inside the manhuntmod.zip file and place it in the Gamedata folder.
(C://Program Files/Lucasarts/Star Wars Jedi Knight Academy/Gamedata)
Also supplied alongside with the Man_Hunt folder is a bat file that is used to load the mod up (Loading via setup/mods is inadvisable). Place the bat file in Gamedata and run it to play.
Extended Install (JK2 required)
If you wish to play some JK2 maps with Man Hunt on jk3. Use the same installation as with the Standard Install.
You’ll need to use pakscape. Open jk2assets.pk3 which is supplied with the mod and copy and paste the ‘maps’ folder, the ‘textures’ folder from the JK2 assets and add them into jk2assets.pk3.
DESCRIPTION: Put basically, Man Hunt was more of an experiment than a mod. Just a few ja+ players wanting something different to do rather than the usual duelling and ffa’ing. We stumbled upon talents we each had to help towards making our dream sort of gametype called ‘Man Hunt’. This basically consisted of ‘Hiders’ and ‘Hunters’ similar to a siege type gameplay. That was what we were originally intending. However, the mod shunted towards a more ‘co-op’ style of gameplay. You get to play Jedi Academy single player levels with modern warfare weapons and technology. It is heavily based on teamwork; with a full donate system, sharing ammo, health packs and shield packs. It is essential if you wish for you and your team to survive to keep supplying each other with supplies since you do not respawn until the map is restarted
With quite a more advanced npc AI. You have to work with your teammates to reach through obstacles until the end of the level. While the AI moves in and out of the level to try and hunt you down.
The mod hasn’t been fully tested properly. There will no doubt be bugs (More so from the current buglist that we have found), since we are amateur modders and this is our first project, The source is basically the same one as from when we started 2 years ago. We are expecting quite a few problems, since our own tests don’t always go so smoothly with some random crashing once and again and issues.
We have decided to release because of the lack of work and activity in the mod. The code is a mess (Due to recent hard disk failures) and without the ability to change much in the code, we got bored and the mod got slower and slower. We only just recently decided to release what we had to the public. There probably will not be a 2nd version since we will be starting on a new mod very soon.
- Random crashes ( Not that often )
- A little issue with grenade throw. It sometimes blows up in the air before bouncing on the ground.
- Going low on stamina causes a large bright light to appear. Was accidentally put it.
- Sometimes wall grab doesn’t properly work.
- Flashlight intensity sometimes varies from room to room and causes a lot of lag if more than one person uses it at a time.
- Bots DO NOT WORK! They crash the server, so please do NOT use them. We never really did get around to preventing them to be added in the first place.
- The saber sometimes defaults back to Kyle, and other sabers from the knife.
- The model for the donating ammo sometimes appears as an invalid model.
- Please do not remove the ‘jaconfig’ and ‘jampconfig’ from the Man_Hunt folder. The cfg that the game creates is faulty and causes crashes and will not allow you to play. We have also supplied a correct copy in the zip for further backup (Incase you delete it).
- The gametype that is meant to be used for co-op is g_gametype 5. Please don’t play single player maps with any other gametype other than 5. It doesn’t work properly. Use g_gametype 0 for normal ffaing.
-Use ojp_holsteredweapons 2 to enable visual weapons on bodys ( We didn’t get around to adding it in the UI).
-Be aware some maps do not work. (t2_rancor, t3_bounty, t2_trip, t1_danger, t3_stamp).
-To use health packs or shield packs, cycle through your inventory items and select it and press the use object button to heal. (Your HP is represented through the shade of colour on the health pack/shield pack number indicator) We did this for realism reasons (Which soldier ever knew his own real hp?)
-Before playing, you must bind keys for the different Man Hunt features. Press escape and then go to controls/Man Hunt to change the different binds.
- PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WHILE PLAYING, IF EVERYONE DIES, AN SERVEROWNER OR ADMIN MUST BE PRESENT TO RESTART THE MAP WITH THE COMMAND ‘map_restart 0’ we didn’t get the time to add an automatic restart system. (This is of course if voting is disabled, otherwise just select vote and choose map_restart).
- If you have any queries or problems, please email us and we will do our best to assist. The mod will remain open too, so if you wish to use a certain feature from the mod in your own mod, you can ask us and we will share it with you.
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, RAVEN, OR
LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & © LUCASARTS
ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.