The latest demo of this strategy/RPG game. This update brings a lot of major changes. See full details.
MAGI is an unique strategy game / RPG in which the player takes a role of a dueling mage and engages into series of magical battles. The game cleverly mixes elements of strategy and RPG with almost arcade-like action.
- In-game menus were reworked completely!
- Three more tracks by Rob Westwood were added!
- Intro now have some good lookin' artworks in there.
- GUI/messages graphics and layout were improved.
- Character cretion now features characters' faces.
- Many other graphical improvements to characters and spells.
- New Magical Shield sprite.
- Mages now have some casting animation.
- Things now hi-light on receiving damage.
- Tutorial and spell descriptions were shortened and improved.
- You can now play MAGI in windowed mode!
- You can now use special skills by pressing respectively 1,2,3 keys.
- Many, many bugs and other minor things were fixed or improved...
- Two new game modes were added: Survival and Challenge. Those get unlocked after beating the Death.
- Two new Grimoire insignias were added.
- Gameplay itself was rebalanced. Now it's much shorter, but you get more experience per battle. It's more intense overall.
- Due to the above, Resistance ceased to give you additional years to play. It's powerful enough Wink.
- Spell schools selection were removed. Now you just pick additional spells as you level-up. As a limit, you can't pick a spell from the same school on two consecutive levels. This limits the influence of Intellect which was too big.
- You can't pick the same attribute at consecutive levels too. This should make for more interesting choices and prevents overspecializing characters too quick.
- The Experience penalty for losing was lowered.
- Game itself is a bit faster now.
- The Death was rebalanced. She has somewhat weaker stats now (not on Challenge however), but it learned three more skills of extreme power and cool factor Wink. But I'll leave discovering them to you.
- AI were improved a bit according to your suggestions. It also scales better to the player's skill.
- You can't fight against your character's class anymore.
- AI can't use spell it wouldn't have access to now.
- You can now recast enchantments like Incantations and Healing.
- All the shooting monsters were slowed down a bit.
- Golem: Health 80->65, Strength 25->30. He's more of a fighter, than a wall now. Also made him move a bit slower.
- Void Elemental: Increased Strength by 5.
- Slumber: sleeping is now interrupted when the character is taking damage.
- All curses now have +10% bigger chance of success. Should make them more attractive, even for low Communion mages.
- Enfeeble: Power increased by 10. Casting time 8->6.
- Enthropy: Lowers stat by two, not one.
- Dull: Casting time 5->4.
- Breach: Casting time 6->5.
- Dispell is now affected by the opponent's Resistance.
- Archpriest's skills were all buffed slightly.
- Spell durations in their descriptions were changed to reflect actual game's speed. No change at all... if I wouldn't took the opportunity to tweak some little things