Check out this cool mod created by TheLopez. It changes the way that ICBM (nukes) work in the game depending on the configuration of the mod.
M.A.D. Nukes Mod v0.3
Patch Compatibility: v1.61
MP Compatible: ?
The M.A.D. Nukes Mod, or the Mutually Assured Destruction Nukes Mod, changes the way that ICBM (better known as nukes) work in the game depending on the configuration of the mod. By using this mod cities can be completely destroyed including all of the units in the city and the plot the city is on is devistated and reduced to a water plot.
Also, players are able to target the cities of their enemies and future enemies with their nuclear warheads once they have built the appropriate infrastructure.
1) Unzip this into the "civ4_install_folderMods" folder.
2) Open the CivilizationIV.ini configuration file
3) Change the Mod line to read: Mod = ModsMAD Nukes Mod
4) Load the game.
5) Then play as normal.
- Keyboard shortcut 'ALT-N' brings up the "Nuclear Arsenal Manager" screen if you have built the Strategic Air Command wonder in one of your cities.
- Players can set targets for their nuclear warheads
- Nuclear warheads can be configured to completely devistate plots including the transformation of the underlying terrain into another type of terrain.
Strategic Air Command:
- Requires: Radio Tech and Rocketry Tech
- Costs: 1500
- +1 Great People
- Enables the ability to set targets for nuclear warheads
- City more likely to generate Great Engineer
- Double Production Speed with Stone
-----Notes to Modmakers-----
If you want to use the MAD Nukes in your mod I have tried to make things as easy as possible for you. In the Python files I have added # < MAD Nukes Mod Start > and # < MAD Nukes Mod End > in all of the places that I have made changes to the original files.
In the SDK files I have added // < MAD Nukes Mod Start > and // < MAD Nukes Mod Mod End > in all of the places that I have made changes to the original files.
- Fixed the Nuclear Warhead Manager screen issue where if a player pressed the "Incoming Warheads" button, closed the screen, reopened the screen and pressed the "Incoming Warheads" button the screen would not change. Reported by Thorn.
- Removed the retargetting message shown at the beginning of each turn. Reported by Thorn and Jeckel.
- Added the fix provided by MatzeHH to prevent a crash when trying to use a CvCity object that could be set to NULL.
- Integrated Sevo's Nuke Anywhere Mod v1.0
- Integrated Dale's MAD Code 1.3b
- Separated the pretargeting feature from Dale's code from the nuke button into its own button.
- Developed and added the "Nuclear Warhead Manager" screen accessed by the 'ALT-N' keyboard combination if the M.A.D. nuke features are enabled in the game and for the player.
- Added the Strategic Air Command national wonder
- Added the configurable option allowing players to indicate if the nuclear warhead feature should be enabled or not.
- Setup the City MAD Nukes Mod infrastructure
- Integrated Dr Elmer Jiggle's event manager and INI parsing code.
- Added the configurable option allowing players to set if nuke strikes should alter the landscape it strikes destroying the targetted city and changing its plot into a water plot.
- Added the configurable option allowing players to indicate if cities should be completely destroyed if they are struck by a nuke.
- Added the configurable option allowing players to indicate if all the units in a city should be killed off if the city is struck by a nuke.
- Added the configurable option allowing players to indicate if city ruins should be left behind if a city is struck by a nuke.
- Renamed the "MAD Nukes Config.ini" file to "MAD Nukes Mod Config.ini" file, reported by Thorn
- Fixed the bug when a city and its plot are devistated. The iPlayer value was not being passed into the correct method.
- Added the configurable option allowing players to specify what type of terrain the nuked plot should turn to.
- Added configurable option to preserve the original nuke
- Add population threshold to city destruction
-----===Credits & Thanks===-----
Composite Mod - readme.txt format
- Dr Elmer Jiggle
For providing the INI file parser code allowing for players to customize this mod without having to touch the python code!!!
For his SDK implementation and providing a starting point for this mod
Thorn and Caesium