The M.A.D. Nukes Mod, or the Mutually Assured Destruction Nukes Mod, changes the way that ICBM (better known as nukes) work in the game depending on the configuration of the mod.
M.A.D. Nukes Mod v0.1.1
Patch Compatibility: v1.61
MP Compatible: ?
The M.A.D. Nukes Mod, or the Mutually Assured Destruction Nukes Mod, changes the
way that ICBM (better known as nukes) work in the game depending on the
configuration of the mod. By using this mod cities can be completely destroyed
including all of the units in the city and the plot the city is on is devistated
and reduced to a water plot.
1) Unzip this into the "civ4_install_folder\Mods\" folder.
2) Open the CivilizationIV.ini configuration file
3) Change the Mod line to read: Mod = Mods\MAD Nukes Mod
4) Load the game.
5) Then play as normal.
-----Notes to Modmakers-----
If you want to use the MAD Nukes in your mod I have tried to make things as
easy as possible for you. In the Python files I have added
# < MAD Nukes Mod Start > and # < MAD Nukes Mod End > in all of the places that
I have made changes to the original files.
All I ask is that you give me credit.
- Setup the City MAD Nukes Mod infrastructure
- Integrated Dr Elmer Jiggle's event manager and INI parsing code.
- Added the configurable option allowing players to set if nuke strikes should
alter the landscape it strikes destroying the targetted city and changing its
plot into a water plot.
- Added the configurable option allowing players to indicate if cities should
be completely destroyed if they are struck by a nuke.
- Added the configurable option allowing players to indicate if all the units
in a city should be killed off if the city is struck by a nuke.
- Added the configurable option allowing players to indicate if city ruins
should be left behind if a city is struck by a nuke.
- Renamed the "MAD Nukes Config.ini" file to "MAD Nukes Mod Config.ini" file,
reported by Thorn
- Fixed the bug when a city and its plot are devistated. The iPlayer value was
not being passed into the correct method.
-----===Credits & Thanks===-----
Composite Mod - readme.txt format
- Dr Elmer Jiggle
For providing the INI file parser code allowing for players to
customize this mod without having to touch the python code!!!
For his SDK implementation and providing a starting point for this mod
Thorn and Caesium