Try out the new Trade System Animations, Mini-game System, Burn System, Fuel System, and many other things added to the game!
Pre-Alpha 8.2 (It's a big one!)
Trade System Animations:
- 3 New Animations take place at the Trader Table
- A New Camera cutscene was added to the Trader Table upon Trading
- The Trader shows what he is trading in the animation.
- Over 500 lines of code just for this Animation to work to its fullest.
- Additional Trading code runs behind the animation as it plays.
- NPCs do not use this animation yet but still trade as usual.
- You now have to Hold the Left Mouse Button to raise to a possible Perfect Temperature or possible Perfect Cut.
- The Mini-game runs on a Random Encounter algorithm, so you will need to pay very close attention after you initiate the craft button.
- Mini-game also uses the Fuel System (Will Tell you more about this system below.)
- You have the possibility of getting a Bad Score, Good Score, and Perfect Score.
- Obtaining a Perfect Score grants you an additional item of the craft-able item you chose to craft.
New Fuel System:
- You now need to place a fuel item into Crafting Workstations that require it.
- You can remove fuel you do not wish to use.
- Burning will take place after you initiate the craft process.
- One fuel item will be used at this time on every run.
- Choosing not to use the Mini-game will Burn fuel till a Crafting Time is reached. (Campfire Always uses this.)
- Each Craft-able has its own Crafting Time, so be mindful of how much fuel you insert.
- Not having enough fuel will fail the craft. (This applies to the Mini-Game as well by you failing the Mini-Game.)
New Workstations and Assets:
- A Woodcutting Station, and Smelting Station made its way into the game.
- The Campfire has been totally re-programmed.
- New Recipes were added to support the new Burn and Mini-game Systems.
- New Icons have been added to the game.
- New Sprites have been added to the game.
- You can now use Ctrl to hide or show the Mouse Cursor. (Frequently Requested.)
- Character Sheet received a(n) Surprise addition.
- Help Window for the Mini-game added.
- Animation for Combat has been re-transitioned.
- New Refresh button on the Crafting Window. (Frequently Requested.)
- New Recipe Scrolls!
- Right Click a Recipe Scroll to gain the knowledge to craft the Recipe within the Scroll.
- Hunger System now can kill you!
- Adjustments to the database for items trade value, burn time, cook time, and more...
- Mouse-Over has been updated! (You will now see a value for trade-able items!)
- You no longer have to open the Inventory Window to loot! (Frequently Requested.)
- New Physics update. (Might cause some wonky situations at times till I further improve it.)
- Trader now accepts wood, stone, and other things that were not able to be traded before.
- You can now press Enter when typing in your Characters Name! (Frequently Requested.)
Bug Fixes from Unstable:
- Mini-game not giving proper scores, fixed!
- Shop Window not closing when leaving the Blacksmith, fixed!
- Removing fuel without having fuel in a Workstation caused an Array error, fixed!
- Trader doing weird calculations when trading berries, fixed!
- Trader and Blacksmith doing wrong transitions in dialogues, fixed!
- Trees and Rocks no longer took damage, fixed!
- If fuel hit 0, you could still play the Mini-Game, fixed! (It now resets or if playing the Mini-game, it now shows you failed.)
- Building Campfires felt a bit wonky, this is all fixed!
- Good Score was prevented by an addition in the script, 50 more lines of code were needed for a smoother outcome. (Added in 8.2 this public edition.)
- Saving and Loading still disabled. (This will be my focus in Pre-Alpha 10 - Alpha, there is no need to save at this time.)
- Placing a Campfire, Woodcutting Workstation, and Smelter Workstation in a house causes a weird outcome.
- (I haven't combined these with the House Building System yet. Place them outside a house for now.)
- Closing a LootCrate or Chest Box will not hide the mouse. (Temporary fix: If you walk away with them it will hide the mouse and close just fine.)
- Might still be possible to fall off the edge of the world, I have not tested this with the new physics.
- If you find any more bugs in this version, please let me know via the forums or the DevBlog, I would greatly appreciate it!