This utility from Lode Vaduh can replace the 1.1 game exe with 1.0 and vice versa.
Author: Lode Vaduh
Thanks for downloading Lode Vaduh's Star Wars Battlefront II Version Switcher.
This program is used to switch between versions 1.0 and 1.1 of Star Wars Battlefront II.
I tried downloading other Version Switchers out there, but they wouldn't work for me. So, I took it upon myself to make one, which will hopefully work for ANYONE, regardless of whether they have the CD or DVD version of the game!
1. You do NOT have to install Version 1.1 before installing this switcher. And if you have version 1.1 already installed, then this still ought to work.
2. As far as I know, it doesn't matter if you have the CD or DVD version of the game.
3. You CANNOT switch between versions while in-game. First of all, Windows probably won't let you do that. If not, it'll just screw things up.
4. For some reason, Version 1.0 requires loading the disc, but Version 1.1 doesn't.
5. Version switching does NOT interfere with MODs, so the Unofficial Patches (like 1.2 or 1.3) will work, because those are essentially mods. However, mod maps do not appear with identifiable names in Version 1.0.
6. Version switching does NOT interfere with your game profile, as your profile is stored elsewhere in the "Star Wars Battlefront II" program folder.
7. Note that this program is also designed so that Xfire will still display whether you're playing Star Wars Battlefront II or not. Cool, huh?
Installation and Use:
1. Once it's downloaded, extract the contents of the zip archive, and then run Installer.exe. Click "Install" (duh).
2. The program will create a shortcut on the Desktop called "Battlefront II Switcher". Use this shortcut to start the Version Switcher Program.
3. Click the button that corresponds to whichever version you want to switch to (one is grayed out anyway, so only one should be clickable). After you click the button, the window will close. This is normal. It's supposed to do that, as I wanted the Switcher to involve as little steps as possible.
4. Now start up Battlefront II, and you're ready to play in whatever version you chose! To confirm if you're using the version you want, the current version is shown in the upper right of the game's main menu.
1. Make a shortcut on the Desktop of the BattlefrontII.exe file. This way, you won't have to waste time loading the Launcher. You can just click on the version Switcher shortcut, and then click on to the game shortcut quickly. Cool, huh?
* Go to C:Program FilesLucasArtsStar Wars Battlefront IIGameData and right click on BattlefrontII.exe, then "Send To", and then "Desktop (create shortcut)".
1. If you get a message saying that "Access to the path [blah path blah] is blocked", then that may mean that certain folders are read-only.
* To disable read-only in folders and files, right click on the folder, then select properties, then uncheck "READ-ONLY".
* Make sure the following folders and files are NOT read-only:
- C:Program FilesLucasArtsStar Wars Battlefront IIGameData
- C:Program FilesLucasArtsStar Wars Battlefront IIBF2 Switcherv1.0
- C:Program FilesLucasArtsStar Wars Battlefront IIBF2 Switcherv1.1
- C:Program FilesLucasArtsStar Wars Battlefront IIBF2 SwitcherBF2Switcher.exe
2. If the installer flat out doesn't work and gives you some bad message, you may need to install a newer version of Microsoft .Net Framework. You can download the latest version to date (.NET Framework 3.5 SP1) here: Microsoft.com
3. If you can't find a way to get the program working, then the program probably may just not have a chance of working on your computer for some reason :( . BUT, you can always manually copy BattlefrontII.exe to the GameData folder. For example, if you want to switch to Version 1.1, go to the v1.1 folder, and then copy the BattlefrontII.exe inside of it to the GameData folder. The BattlefrontII.exe file that was previously in the GameData folder is overwritten.
4. If while trying to run the switcher,you get a message saying "Could not find [blah blah blah]", then that means that your Battlefront II game isn't installed in the default directory. This Switcher program only works if the the game itself is installed at the default directory at C:Program FilesLucasArtsStar Wars Battlefront II.
How it Works:
All this is is just a fancy, convenient way to copy the game's program (BattlefrontII.exe) into the GameData folder:
1. The program looks inside your GameData folder at the BattlefrontII.exe file that is already there and notes its filesize.
* The BattlefrontII.exe file for Version 1.0 is 7608 KB
* The BattlefrontII.exe file for Version 1.1 is 4500 KB
2. When you select the version, the program copies the corresponding BattlefrontII.exe file from either the "v1.0" folder or the "v1.1" folder to the GameData folder. The BattlefrontII.exe file that was previously in the GameData folder is overwritten.
1. Simply go to C:Program FilesLucasArtsStar Wars Battlefront II and delete the "BF2 Switcher" folder. Don't forget to delete the shortcut on the Desktop, too.
---WARNING BEFORE YOU GO CRAZY---
The program will not actually start the game once you pick the version. It is merely there to switch the versions, and then you have to start the game as normal by yourself. So, step by step, you:
1. Open the Switcher
2. Click on a version
3. Switcher automatically closes
4. You start Battlefront II like normal
Quick n' simple, huh?
---WARNING BEFORE YOU GO CRAZY---
I have NOT tested this program on more than two computers, so PLEASE: feedback is very welcome!
Find any screw-ups? Contact Lode Vaduh at email@example.com or Xfire username lodevaduh.
Program created by Lode Vaduh in 2009.
Star Wars Battlefront II was created by LucasArts. Distribution of the BattlefrontII.exe files is intended for legal purposes only :) .