Legacy Release Version 3.3.7a. Click 'Read More' for patchnotes / installation instructions.
3.3.7 Patchnotes (i.e. things fixed in this patch) - Pastebin.com
3.3.7a Patchnotes (i.e. things fixed in this patch) - Pastebin.com
3.3.8 Patchnotes (i.e. things broken in this patch) - Pastebin.com
I N S T A L A T I O N : 1 0 1
- Extract the .zip. It should give you a single folder called 'oldworldblues', with all files enclosed.
- Move the extracted folder to your local mod file. For most people, this will be in 'Documents/Paradox Interactive/Hearts of Iron IV/mod'. If you're asked to overwrite anything, do it: these are presumably old mod files.
- COPY the file originally named 'descriptor.mod', and place it in the 'mod' folder (sitting alongside the 'oldworldblues' folder you created in the last step). RENAME the file to 'oldworldblues.mod' from 'descriptor.mod'.
- Voila! Hopefully, that is, as the Paradox Launcher is remarkably finicky when it comes to accepting mods.
The bulk of your files should be here: 'Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod\oldworldblues'
If your installation just ain't working, here are some steps to try:
- Make sure you aren't subscribed to or have downloaded any other mods called 'oldworldblues'. This includes the legacy Steam version, or old versions of this download.
- Double check your file paths. Make sure your mod files aren't inside an additional 'oldworldblues' file: it should be 'Hearts of Iron IV\mod\oldworldblues', NOT 'Hearts of Iron IV\mod\oldworldblues\oldworldblues'
- Try the 'Reload Installed Mods' button on the Paradox Launcher.
- Pray to your respective god(s) and/or Paradox
- Join our Discord and ask for help (discord.gg/cV649Hx)
- Don't repackage, redistribute or otherwise alter these files without the express permission of the mod team
- If you have any questions about this specifically, jump on the Discord and ask HappyNTH
- Have fun <3