The third update to the Leader Overhaul Mod (manual install) -Update notes in the description. -Delete the previous version rather than overwriting it with this one. -Install guide in the .rar
Update notes (In no particular order):
- Grenade Launcher Spartans can now garrison cover
- Rhino Upgrades are no longer available for incorrect leaders
- The name of the 'Station' Upgrade is no longer missing
- Rebel Commander can no longer garrison pelicans or cover
- Flood stalk eggs and sentinels are no longer visible before being scouted
- ODSTs can now garrison cover when fully upgraded
- Rocket warthog's grenadier upgrade now works properly
- Campaign Mission 13 now actually works
- Campaign missions 5-13 updated to include new units
- Name of the Rebel faction changed to "The United Rebel Front"
- Mega Turrets now have an upgrade to allow them to be garrisoned
- Flood Leader has been somewhat more fleshed out
- Rebel Elephant -> Heavy Elephant. Heavy Elephants have more hitpoints than normal elephants, can garrison infantry, and the MG turrets can be upgraded to Gauss cannons
- Flood Roots now have the ability to pull enemy units to them (Like the Brute Chieftain)
- The Grunt Rebellion can now train Grunt Tanks instead of wraiths.
- The United Rebel Front can now train Heavy Scorpions instead of regular Scorpions.
- Forge can now train Sun Devils instead of Wolverines, which are heavily armored anti-air vehicles.
- Removed Forge's Grenade throw ability
- Sergeant Forge now has access to an alternate leader unit, Forge's Warthog, but Forge is no longer automatically trained when the field armory is first built. This unit is also located in the field armory and is upgraded alongside the infantry Forge leader unit. The warthog has the same damage type as a scorpion, and is therefore vulnerable to anti-vehicle units.
- UNSC Combat Medics can now build Medic Beacons that heal nearby units
- Rhinos' lockdown attack now functions like any other attack, but still has very long range
- Grunt Deacons' third upgrade has been changed to give them fuel rod cannons instead of improving their accuracy
- Flame Warthog's grenadier now fires incendiary grenades instead of normal grenades
- Rocket Warthog's Grenadier now uses a rocket launcher, rather than a grenade launcher
- Brute Heavy now has a Jump Pack upgrade (3rd upgrade)
- Brute, elite, and grunt heavy all now have an incendiary grenade ability (unlocked with upgrade)
- Needler Units now have an upgrade "SuperCombine", which allows needles to occasionally explode, causing area damage
-Plasma Overcharge abilities (And infection forms) now have "Smart Targeting". This means that when a group of 3 Skirmisher units, for example, use their overcharge ability, each will fire at a different target, stunning each target rather than all units wasting their stuns on just one target.
- Arbiter's Banshees no longer have "Sacrifice" upgrade, but instead have an "Evasive Maneuvers" upgrade that allows Banshees to dodge incoming projectiles
- Brute Chopper's weapon and ram damage have been buffed.
- Grunt, Elite, and Brute Heavies' hitpoints were reduced
- Cyclops are more effective against all units, especially tanks (wraiths, scorpions).
- Bomb Grunts now deal less damage to buildings
- Fuel Rod Wraith's cost increased to 500 Supplies from 300- Suicide Grunts deal more damage with their plasma pistols. Their suicide attack is now more effective against units, but is not as effective against units as Bomb Grunts
- Flame Warthog damage and armor increased
- Elephant's hitpoints were greatly increased
Model and Animation Changes
- Rocket Marine/Rebel non-attack animations changed
- Brute Heavy Attack animation changed
- Elephant MG turrets now have a marine gunner
- Plasma Overcharge projectile has been modified (no longer identical to fuel rod projectile)
- Fuel Rod impact is now much larger (It is now a respectable explosion, rather than a cute little poof)
Texture changes (See Uploaded Images):
- ODST's visor changed to blue, and weird player-colored blob on the visor was removed
- Marine's helmet now covers the entire face
- Assault Rifle and Battle Rifles now have an ammo counter
-Watchtowers no longer have the Rebel Logo on the side (because they are also used by the UNSC)
-Snipers no longer have the Rebel Logo on them (because the model is used by Marine Snipers too)
- Elite Honor Guard's decorative pauldron things have been retextured
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.
I loved it but for some reason in the first game it crashed (but that happened already at 20 minutes I think, since my scarab appeared and the game crashed)
Does it crash often or was it a one time thing?
it was only once it seems like it was a small bug.
and I'll take the opportunity to tell you about the little bugs I found
-The mega turret for some reason when it improves and shoot against one of the bases, began to shoot infinitely to destroy it.
-also when the spirits eject the grunt tank (I do not know if it happens with the other vehicles) they remain in the air (but it does not matter much since they can go down)
-and when you use the power to transport with the spirit, when you leave the units you can press the spirit and do not disappear and stay in heaven, the enemy can not destroy it with any unit since it will be in the sky
(well those are the little bugs that I saw but still it will be an excellent mod to have fun and keep it up)
sorry for my bad english :p
1) There are a few instances that cause Mega Turrets to fire indefinitely. I'm not sure if that's fixable.
2) The way spirits (the controllable ones) work doesn't allow units to use their eject animation, they just spawn beside the spirit. That's why any unit that has the ghost, wraith, etc physics will float when ejected, until they move. It can't be fixed.
3) "Moveable transport power spirits" - easy fix
Great Update! One small thing I noticed though is that the cloak ability on the Elite Honor Guards seems to be messing with the new texture you added. It turns all grayish and malformed, I have a screenshot of it if you would like
I noticed that a while back but I totally forgot about it. I'm not sure how to fix it or if it's even fixable, but I'll look into it
Sounds good, but on another note, the jackals shield textures are totally botched too. The front side is as bright white as the sun, and the back side has no texture at all
Not sure how I missed that. I'll have it fixed in the next bug fix update.
Hey dude, nice mod, is really impressive, you really are good at this, just 1 thing, The flood and Rebel AI seems broken for some reason, the rebels dont even build, and the flood only spawns flood stalks and infection forms, i still need to try the grunt rebellion, but its probably broken too, but besides that, i love this mod, its really good
i dont know if im the only one having this problem
The Ai, other than the flood, works fine for me. I'm not sure why you are having issues. Maybe reinstalling it would help?
I dont know, look, this is min 14, in skirmish, playing against rebels Prntscr.com, on legendary btw
Strange. For some people the AI works fine but for others it doesn't work at all. All I know to tell you is to completely delete the mod and reinstall it and hope for the best.
It worked! thanks, i hope you can fix the flood AI anytime soon, Keep up the good work!
Awesome! The flood AI is especially difficult to get to work since it doesn't use any of the same units or buildings as the UNSC, which it is based on. As a result of the way the AI is set up in the game, flood AI might never be functional unfortunately.
Hello, its me again, dont take this in a bad way (i hate that), but i saw this mod, and it has a proper flood AI running, so, i hope you can do something about it, I really want to see this mod grow. :D Youtube.com (it sometimes works)
Blackandfan's flood was a lot simpler than mine though. His flood base started off with all the buildings built and access to all of the flood units to start off with (if I'm not mistaken). My flood isn't as AI friendly because it requires buildings to be built/upgraded and an "odst" drop to build things around the map in order to reach its true potential. From what I can tell, his flood AI is literally just training a bunch of units and sending them at their enemy, not really functioning like a normal leader as far as building an economy, etc. I'd say his flood is more of a sandbox-style leader while mine was intended to be more complex. (Idk what his flood looks like in more recent mods though)
*And I meant to say the flood AI might never be *fully* functional in my previous comment
Oh, ok thanks for making that clear
not even I know how my flood plays
Lol I rely on other people to tell me how to balance everything in my mod. I spend way less time actually playing/testing than I do modding it
°The Rebel Heavy tank have a Little bug: the special ability does not work, I mean, you can use it, you can see the animation, but the fire or bullet does not show, not even damage is showed or do anything.
°The heavy elites & heavy grunts need to be nerfed a bit, they are way too OP, they make more damage per second than a hunter but if you nerf them, just reduce the damage they do just a bit
°I have an idea for Anders Upgrades:
1.-first upgrade stun bullets: you could change that instead of stun, make explosive bullets to deal more damage knowing she is weak in terms of everything(twice the damage or so)& give her a offensive protector
2.-second upgrade repair: give her a healer protector and the ability to repair vehicles
3.-third upgrade building repair: give her a shield protector and the ability to repair buildings
°Ideas for Forge
-when the forge's warthog explodes, spawn a forge leader with damage
-make the forge's warthog as the halo wars 2 hog, energy shields in the second upgrade, offensive protector for third upgrade (simulating the drone he uses in hw2) also, if all the upgrades for forge leader unit are ready, if the forge hog explodes spawn a damaged forge and add a offensive protector unit
I love this mod, one of the best in my opinion!!!(8 hope you can continue creating and sharing, speaking of creating, world you guide me how to mod this game?!?! I tweaked the part of the number of spartans you can have from 3 to 9, and thats all… i want to change textures to units, tweaking units weapons, etc etc
1) Thanks, I forgot to fix the heavy scorpion.
2) The heavy elites and grunts are still too overpowered in this update? I reduced their hitpoints by a pretty decent percentage.
3) Good ideas for Anders.
4) You can join the HWDE/HW2 Modding Discord for help, and/or visit the Halo Wars modding website for tutorials.
damn Christ!!! Thank you!!! and for the heavy units, not to worry about they i can counter them properly(8
I'm not seeing the grunt tanks. I'm still getting wraiths.
Try deleting and reinstalling the mod
Absolutely amazing. The most I've ever done in modding is using your assets from previous versions (privately, of course) and creating a Spartan squad wielding BRs with the rocket ability and somewhat functioning marines equipped with spartan lasers.
Is it possible to replace the marine models in the warthog (machine gun) with ODSTs or Spartans after the third upgrade? Would make it more apparent and maybe more visually appealing.
Thanks! You can change the Marine to whatever you want in warthog_01.vis, under the model "Gunner".
Cool, thanks! I've got it working now! What about the driver? I sincerely doubt I'll be able to change the grenadier to an ODST by looking at the model which is split into legs and top, but I have no clue about the driver.
I'm pretty sure you can't change the driver but I'm not sure. The grenadier can only be changed to a hornet wingman
Shame. Strange that reserves and flood global upgrades (combat form upgrade, air upgrade, and vehicle upgrade) don't seem to work.
Okay, I just fixed the flood upgrades.
Hello yes, Lordstar here again, while i was playing as the flood, i noticed that sometimes, when my infection forms try to infect Sniper marines, they sometimes T-pose or just run around then standing still instead of turning into my side. they just stay in the state where everyone can shot the body while turning into flood.
On another note: Why the spore launchers doesnt spread any flood spore cloud?, is it because balance?
Also The name of the vehicles upgrade is named Air vehicles, not Ground Vehicles
1) Infecting sniper marines *should* be fixed in the next update
Hello yes, i mean its not that op for the spore launchers to spread flood spores, i mean when the enemy rushes in with a leader or a tank the flood launchers cant infect anybody with ease since they are focusing the fire on 1 individual and not the rest, thats why spore clouds are important, but its just my opinion, if you dont want to add it because of balance issues then ill respect that (i want my ****-looking turrets like before :( )
and i bet im the first one complaining about this...
Or atleast, make it an upgrade (idk how modding works but i know its not that easy), dunno like 2000 resources and tech 3 upgrade or something like that, since it only affects infantry and not vehicles its not as strong as a vulture or a grizzly with a spartan, it just ***** up the infantry since the motto of the flood is: INFECT EVERYTHING WITHOUT DISCRETION!, they are really failing at doing that with the turrets, i really want that turret to be good :(
(sorry i couldnt edit my previous comment and dont take my comment as rude, at the end of the day, its your mod and ill enjoy it either way )
How is one flood launcher infecting an entire army of infantry with a spore cloud not unbalanced?
That's the point of the RTS Games, you change tactics depending on the situation, if you see a spore launcher stop sending infantry, send vehicles to take out all the spore launchers then proceed with infantry, also, the cost of the spore launcher without spore cloud is pretty rough, since they dont deal big damage and they cost a lung to buy.
What im trying to say is, there is a bunch of unbalanced units, Like the scarab that can single handely destroy an entire army, there is the vulture (not really), and the grizzly tanks with Spartans (They are too damm powerful) and you compare those units with a spore launcher and its not worth the price.
And they all can be destroyed in their own ways, like the scarab with concentrated fire, and the grizzlys with a bunch of air units, the flood needs to be the living nightmare of all the infantry and the wet dream of all vehicles, and since the infected vehicles are just weaker versions of the OG ones they are not even a threat.
And if you dont want to add it, atleat increase the damage or reduce the price, because jeez...
Fair points. I wasn't really taking into account the fact that a couple vehicles could easily counter them so it isn't at all overpowered. I'll add the spore clouds back.
My original intention was to remove the spore clouds from the main attack, but add a mega turret style attack that would spawn them, but I couldn't get that to work
make the projectile spawn a squad on dead
I tried to but deathspawnsquad doesn't seem to work for projectiles
I love this, but my game crashes a lot, i tried re install everything but keeps crashing, this last time crash at the exact time my Jerome kill a anti vehicle elite, i think they are anti everything, they destroy everything so fast, buildings, air and ground vehicles, the infantry gets destroyed too so fast vs that elites
I am that guest
Keeps crashing at random times, this time when i select a bunch of warthogs
Does your game crash when you don't have mods installed?
Nop, the only mod i have its this
Hello SlimLady, thank you for this excellent mod ; for me that's how HW should have been from the start. Are there some people who plays it on the modding Discord ?
Anyway I spotted some issues that I'm not sure they have been reported yet :
- It seems that Cutter's AI is kinda broken ; I'm not sure if it was the case in the vanilla game because it's had been an eternity since I didn't play it. He just go on full boom without producing any unit or building bases, and this even on Legendary. Sometimes he rushes with marines tho, and when I destroy a ressource building (forgot the english name) he immediately builds a barracks.
- Grunts do not have all the upgrades unlocked in Deathmatch as they should be. Could be a problem with my installation, as I saw it happens quite frequently seeing the comments. That's a bummer, because I absolutely love flooding the map with 50 Grunt squads.
- This one I'm sure you're aware of : in-game text is mess when playing on a non-english version of the game. It's fixed by changing the language on Steam obviously. Are there any plan on translations ?
Anyway, thank you again for this mod ! I'm really loving the game now.
Oh the last one is a good one, the game is a mess in the non-english version (in my case spanish), if you need a translator for the spanish version i can apply.
If you want to make a Spanish translation, I can help you with whatever you need. Discord is the best place to reach me.
I don't know how much you know about HWDE modding, but all of the string tables (That's all you need to edit) are located in the data folder. The only one I've edited is the English one (stringtable-en.xml).
Most* new strings are located at the top of the string table, but there are many that are placed throughout.
All unit strings were changed to remove caps lock, so if you do make the translation, make sure you caps lock all the new unit names (and whatever else is caps in vanilla HW) in the Spanish string table in order to keep all the text consistently capitalized. You could instead change all the spanish unit strings to remove the caps, but that would take a lot longer so I wouldn't recommend it.
Fun fact: i dont know anything about HWDE modding (well not so funny), i dont even know where to download it, but i could give it a go into the modding thing, perhaps i might even create my own mod. it could be fun
What is it that you don't know where to download?
Modding HWDE isn't difficult at all, once you understand the basics its pretty easy for the most part. There are also a lot more people in the discord server to help you learn now than there were when I started, as well as a modding website with tutorials. Modding is definitely fun too, being able to put whatever I want (there are limitations though) in one of my favorite games is the best.
i mean, how can i mod to start off, do i need something?, do i need to download something?, i dont know where to look to start modding. also how can i join your discord?
1) I'm not sure who on the modding discord plays it, but feel free to join and ask.
2) Usually deleting the mod and reinstalling it fixes AI issues
3) I haven't figured out how to fix deathmatch for any leaders
4) I don't know any languages other than English, so if there are any translations they won't be made by me.
Glad you like the mod!