This is the latest official patch for Jane's United States Air Force (USAF).
Jane's® Combat Simulations
Important Patch Notes:
This patch updates your USAF game to version 1.02. Here is a list of additions/fixes in this release:
1) Pentium III Optimizations: The following additional features are optimized for Pentium III users.
- Terrain multi-pass rendering
- Terrain coverage layer rendering
- Pre-fetching memory for 3D objects and terrain blocks
2) Voodoo 3 3000 Flashes in 3D cockpit: Fixes the problem some Voodoo 3 users were encountering with flashing cockpit graphics.
3) Flight model changes/fixes:
- Fix to excessive aircraft roll rate which was most apparent in the F-22, F-15 and F-16.
- Bobbing effect: This problem was being caused by the flight model G-limiter and is has been substantially improved.
- AI Pilot Crashes: AI wingmen were occasionally crashing into the ground, especially when flying the F-117 and A-10. Changes to the maneuver code have made improvements to this.
- Engaging the autopilot was sometimes causing excessive up/down pitches. This has been fixed in the patch.
- The overall joystick sensitivity has been decreased.
4) AI changes/fixes:
- AI wingmen were failing to engage targets over 15 miles, even when requested to do so by a wingman command. This has been fixed.
- When taking over an aircraft from the AI it is always at 60% thrust, regardless its previous maneuver. This has been fixed.
- When there is a single controllable flight in the mission and the player is shot down and then re-enters the flight, the AI pilot may not give the player control of the new aircraft. This has been fixed.
5) User Mission Editor (UME):
- The MiG-29 has been added as a fully controllable aircraft. Previously the MiG-29 was only available in All-Out War and QME. It was available in the UME as a non-controllable aircraft. It will now be available in the UME as a flyable aircraft. A MiG-29 loadout screen and new weapon icons have been added for this feature to work.
- The MiG-17 is now available in the UME as a non-controllable aircraft.
6) Additional fixes:
- Fatal crash in the QME when revival time is 0 and setting unlimited revivals has been fixed.
- Fatal crash in the QME when attempting to restart the mission from the On-the-fly menu has been fixed.
- SoundBlaster Live cards were sometimes crashing the application, and this has been fixed.
- When playing Multiplayer against the German version, German messages are now correctly displayed.
- When panning to the rear of the aircraft in the 3D cockpit, the tail seems raised up. This has been corrected.
- In the UME the Enemy Base in US terrain has wrong taxi coordinates. This has been corrected.
- Dusk missions in the UME now have airfield lights.
- The Basic Air-to-Ground training mission has aircraft landing on top of each other at the beginning of mission. This has been fixed.