JABot Q2 is a Quake 2 AI. Originally based in ACEbot is almost a total rewrite of it, while still keeps the ACEbot states machine design.
JABot more flashy features are:
- A* pathing in realtime
- MoveType based pathing: The AI will only find paths using movements its ai class can perform
- AI support for BOTs and MONSTERs. Through the use of ai classes.
- weighted goal system.
- Jump movement/movetype support for Bots class.
- Bot roams support (using a item_botroam entity, or dropping it from console).
- Many other improvements in every aspect of the code.
- Bot chat and bot messages have been removed.
JABotQ2, while usable for players as a standard DM bot, is written for Q2 modders to be used as base for new monsters/bots/actors, allowing to create a modern AI for their mods. JABot is released under GPL licese.
These are only a few. Many other improvements were also done.
sv makenodes - Start creating a navigation file from scratch
sv editnodes - Modify the loaded navigation file
sv savenodes - Save nodes file
sv addbotroam - Drop a bot roam node
sv addmonster - Spawns a monster. It's a testing function. Spawning from map files is not present in the code.
I hope you enjoy it.