Replacement for default human armour and outfits. Adjusts some of characters' proportions.
zip file contains all my files just chose one
update July 15-16th:
* Added set of files for sensual shape -- relatively thicker, with less pronounced back arc and larger bust than seductress shape. Due to different way the files are arranged please delete folder with previous version of the project if you're installing a new one.
* Slimmed down the shoulders/sleeves of the noble dress for the sensual shape.
A number of custom light armours was converted by Serissia to be compatible with the proportions fix, and are available here: Social.bioware.com
Some aspects of the default DA female models have been criticized as too unnatural, most commonly the shoulder width and hand size. The models in this package address that, replacing the stock armour and outfit meshes with ones of slightly different proportions.
* span of characters' shoulders was reduced.
* in some cases thickness of arms was increased, to match what could be expected from physically active characters.
* hand size was reduced to 90% of the original.
* the overall outline of bodies was adjusted to match shape of characters included in body mods like Natural Bodies/Realistic Look.
* gender-specific variants were added for massive armour models.
* default single mesh for light armour was replaced by 3 separate variants to better match variants created by armour textures.
The package comes in two versions, each following slightly different body outline. The default "sensual" package uses "sensual" model from Realistic Look project, with c-size bust. The "seductress" package uses "seductress" model, also from Realistic Look project. The "sensual" shape is relatively thicker, with less pronounced back arc and larger bust than "seductress" shape.
unzip the archive to folder "../Bioware/DragonAge/packages/core/override" which is typically located in "My Documents" folder.
To use alternative version of massive armour unzip the optional archive to the same folder, after unpacking the main file. When asked, confirm to overwrite existing files.
To use alternative version of light armour unzip the optional archive to the same folder, after unpacking the main file. When asked, confirm to overwrite existing files.
To use the underwear model replacement unzip the optional archive to the same folder, after unpacking the main file.
delete folder "proportions-human" from folder "../Bioware/DragonAge/packages/core/override"
to uninstall just the underwear replacement, delete "underwear" sub-folder located in the "proportions-human" directory
notes and known issues:
If the module is installed together with another mod which changes the same mesh and/or hierarchy files (.msh and .mmh) only one of them is able to do its work. It won't affect the game performance but it's something to keep in mind as it can explain no visible changes to the models, or glitches in appearance.
The package replaces only the highest level of detail models. This is generally not a problem since the model switch happens at distance which makes the resulting change in bust size pretty hard to spot, but recording it here just in case someone does notice it and wonders about it.
Because package changes character shoulder span but only modifies the armour and clothing models, trying to wear just gloves on naked body or just chest piece without the gloves is likely to result in visible mismatch between forearms and the rest of the body. Similar effect can be expected when trying to mix armour from this package with items built in accordance with default proportions.
For the "seductress" version of the package slight reduction of character shoulder span can result in some of the character animations (especially ones which involve interaction with other characters) appear more glitchy than usual -- specifically, you may observe more polygons clipping with one another.
For the "seductress" package the .mmh files for chest armour piece were changed, by reducing length (x component of translation vector) of LeftShoulder and RightShoulder bones by 2 cm. The arms on chest piece meshes and the glove meshes were adjusted accordingly.
The "sensual" package uses default .mmh files.
free to modify and use in your mod. credit my name if you please