This is the latest official patch for the Windows version of Heroes of Might & Magic: A Strategic Quest.
HEROES OF MIGHT AND MAGIC WIN95 PATCH
Version 1.0 to Version 1.1
- Copy the files labeled "PATCH.RTP" and "PATCH.EXE" to your current
"HEROES" directory on your hard drive.
- Double click on the PATCH.EXE file just copied to your drive.
This will automatically patch the HEROES.EXE file and the
EDITOR.EXE files. Your old games will still work, just play as
WHAT THIS FIXES
The following problems have been fixed with the current version of
In the Heroes game (HEROES.EXE):
- The cursor is updated after the computer players take their turn.
- The cursor now knows when it's over a castle.
- The first monster you control in combat won't do unpredictable
- Your opponent, when using the Identify Hero spell, can no longer
view you as well during his turn.
In the Map Editor (EDITOR.EXE):
- Occasionally certain mountains and forests that would cycle now
- Saving a map without viewing now only saves once.
If sound and video driver problems still occur after installing this
patch, you should contact your sound or video card manufacturer for
an update to their drivers.
If you have any problems with multiplayer support, most likely its
due to configuration and connecting procedures. If so, contact our
Technical Support at (818) 889-5650 from 9 AM to 12 Noon or from
2 PM to 5PM Pacific Standard Time, Monday though Friday or email us
The sequel all you Heroes of Might and Magic players have been
waiting for: HEROES OF MIGHT AND MAGIC II!!! Coming to a store
near you or though our direct order line at (800) 985-7449 this
Look for these new features in HEROES OF MIGHT AND MAGIC II:
- New monsters, spells and artifacts.
- 2 player modem, 6 player network, and internet support.
- Expanded battlefields.
- Completely redrawn SVGA graphics throughout.
- Hot new sounds and music.
Don't forget to check out our website at Nwcomputing.com
for this and other cool games!!!