This mod allows the awarding of titles to the General/King/Prince based on the town/castle in which they spent the night.
Heraldry Mod for the Britannia Campaign - Version 1.0
Concept, Creation & Thanks
This is not an orignal idea but comes from and still uses elements of Rawghi's Heraldry Mod that he created in the very early days of MTW2. This Heraldry Mod is also contained within the Kingdom of the Scots Mod.
In short at the end of a turn a General including the Prince and King are awarded titles based on the town/castle in which they have spent the night. Every settlement and each faction are awarded these titles so nobody will miss out. All titles are transferable between Generals except King.
The titles that are awarded include Province titles such as below. Provincial Titles do not award the General with any effects, except the title.
Earl of Lennox
Earl of Mar
Earl of Dunbar
Duke of York
Earl of Ulster
Earl of Gloucester
Furthermore Kingdom Titles are awarded to the King and other Officials. Kingdom Titles will award the different offices with bonuses in the field for the holder and also bonuses in the campaign:
King of England................................King of Scotland (King)
The Lord High Constable....................Lord High Constable of Scotland (Army)
Lord Chancellor................................High Steward of Scotland (2nd Man of Kingdom)
Chancellor of the Exchequer...............Lord Chamberlain of Scotland (Treasurer)
Earl Marshal of England......................Great Marischal of Scotland (Security)
Lord High Steward of England..............Lord Chancellor of Scotland (Public)
King Effects - Command +2 TroopMorale +2 Law +2
Army Effects - Command +2 TroopMorale +2 TrainingUnits +1
2nd Man to King - Command +2 TroopMorale +2
Treasurer - TaxCollection +15 Trading +15 Mining +10
Security - PublicSecurity +2 Law +1 TrainingAgents +3
Public - Construction +10 Squalor -3 Unrest -2
Historical Accuracy vs Gameplay
Where possible I have included historically accurate pictures, however the internet is notoriously innacurate and unreliable depending on the person who has uploaded the information. In some cases such as with Irish and Welsh Provinces images do not exist online that can be used (that I can locate).
Another Historical vs Gameplay point in the name of some titles. Some titles have been given even though they did not exist in 1258, but came later in the 14th and 15th centuries. So when criticising the historical accuracy of a title or picture, bear in mind that I did not set out with the intent to mimic real history exactly, but instead wanted to add (as Rawghi did) a new level of depth to the campaign game!
There are 2 ways to install this mod.
First Installation Method - Does not affect original game files (Preferred Method if you have the hard drive room)
Firstly, you need to unpack your british_isles files
a - Go to the directory C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\tools\unpacker
b - double click on unpack_britannia (this will take between 5-10 minutes to unpack)
This mod will not work unless you have your files unpacked.
1. Make a copy of your unpacked british_isles folder by right clicking and going down to "copy" (takes about 5 minutes).
2. Rename the "Copy of british_isles" folder to whatever you like (british_isles1)
3. Open your british_isles folder then add all the files from the Heraldry Data Folder to the correct folders
4. In the base folder C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\british_isles\data\world\maps\base, please delete the map.rwm or your Herladry Mod Text will not show, and you will have a small rectangular yellow box
5. Start the campaign
Second Installation Method - Overwrites your only installation files
1. Install all files to the relevant folders of your british_isles folder
2. Go to your Desktop icon for the Britannia Campaign and right click and open properties. Then go to shortcut and in the target line add the following line.
3. "C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\kingdoms.exe" --io.file_first --features.mod=mods/british_isles
4. In the base folder C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\british_isles\data\world\maps\base, please delete the map.rwm file or game will crash on loading.
Included in the files for this modification are:
1. Herladry Mod files to plug into your british_isles campaign
2. Original Vanilla Files
3. Heraldry Mod only files
4. Read Me with Installation Hints