An updated version of the Half-Rats: Parasomnia Demo (for Linux and Steam only).
- If you have the first Demo version, please uninstall it, this is NOT an update, it's a different version.
- This version is for Linux and Steam only.
This version of the Demo contains a lot of improvements and bug-fixes that will be used within the full version of Half-Rats: Parasomnia. If you have any problem and/or bug to report, please let us know in the comments.
1) Download this file.
2) Extract the "hrp_demo" folder within your Half-Life folder (default: /home//.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Half-Life).
3) If Steam was running, restart it.
4) "Half-Rats: Parasomnia - Demo" should appear in your Steam library.
Now here is the changelog :
- Added missing client update code for HUD items, this was causing a sync issue between the inventory and the HUD when (re)loading a save/new game.
- Added missing "Demo" mention in both game's name and game rules's name.
- Added HUD fading (like Half-Life).
- Added VGUI version of the buy menu, for those who prefer the old HUD/AMX look, uncheck the "Use VGUI buy menu" in the "Advanced" settings for the Steam version. For WON/Xash3D, change the the "cl_hrp_use_vgui_buy_menu" CVAR to 0 in the console.
- Changed some assets paths to mainly avoid confusion.
- Colt SAA : fixed bad reload timing.
- Colt SAA : fixed gangsta/sideway mode not being saved in transitions/saved games.
- Colt SAA : no longer depends on a client event (optimisation)
- Colt SAA : now uses ".45 ammunition" instead of ".357 ammunition", ammo entity's class name is now "ammo_45", still compatible with the legacy "ammo_357".
- Colt SAA : now uses the "weapon_colt" class name, still compatible with the legacy "weapon_357" and "weapon_python".
- Fixed gameplay fades (cocaine and whiskey) overriding level ("env_fade") fades.
- Fixed HUD elements positioning, this should make the HUD works on little resolutions like 640x480 and make sure everything is aligned. Please note that resolutions lower than 640x480 are NOT supported (stop playing 320x240 Software Quake kiddies).
- Fixed spawning with 99% of lantern oil instead of 100%.
- Fixed monsters having yellow gibs instead of red one.
- Optimized buy zone detection code.
- Optimized damage boost from cocaine/dried meat code.
- Removed ammo pickup history code instead of disabling it.
- Removed legacy unused HUD/VGUI servers browser.
- Removed some annoying HUD sounds from weapon selection.
- Reworked buy menu code, advanced users can use the console to bind keys to "buy X" where X is the item ID (1 = cocaine, 2 = dried meat...)
- Reworked lantern HUD update code to avoid a non-update issue after (re)loading a save.
- Reworked some code related to items, you can now bind a key to an item name to quickly select it and use it, advanced users can use the console to bind a key to "cocaine;drymeat;meatpie;whiskey" to use all items at one key press for example.
- Sabre : added sparks and little dynamic lighting when successfully blocking an attack.
- Sabre : fixed blocking hit animation not being played.
- Sabre : fixed blocking state not being saved in transitions/saved games.
- Sabre : fixed cocaine/dried meat damage boost not being applied to the primary attack and kick.
- Sabre : fixed speed reduction not being applied when blocking.
- Sabre : now uses the "weapon_sabre" class name, still compatible with the legacy "weapon_crowbar".
- Sabre : reworked blocking code to make the 2 changes above work.
- [Steam only] Added Linux binaries.
- [Steam only] Removed unused legacy HUD MOTD.
Half-Rats School :
- Changed most of the entities to use newer class names.
- Changed trees entities from "monster_furniture" to "env_model" so that auto-aim don't aim at them.
- Compiled with extreme settings (visibility to full, radiosity/lighting to extra).
- Converted some "teaching area" details to "func_detail" for optimisation purposes.
- Made invisible walls thicker and taller to avoid leaving/skipping.
- Made the moving "door" that blocks the puppet taller to avoid skipping by jumping and breaking it with the Colt SAA.
- Fixed breakable crate trying to spawn an invalid entity.
- Fixed "optional" teddy being removed instead of spawning in the closet.
- NULLed most of the non-visible faces in the "teaching area".
- Removed dirty skybox that would cause massive FPS drops on toasters (now you have no excuse for FPS drops kiddies).
- Reworked a bit the ending to avoid a potential crash.
- Now uses Half-Rats player model instead of Gordon Freeman (Gordon is done anyways).
- Reworked and optimized sentences definition file (sentences.txt).
- Reworked and optimized all sprites definition files (*.txt).
Known issues :
- [Steam only] Weapon's animations glitches when frozen, this is an engine issue and the only thing we can do is limit the impact but not fix it entirely.
- [WON/Xash only] Items HUD might be invisble after picking up the backpack, they become visible again when you pickup an item.
- [WON/Xash only] Trees might render their "transparent" textures incorrectly, might be an engine issue.
Version by Shepard62FR.