Half-Life 2: Substance re-coreographs the original single player campaign, John Woo style: intensive new action and higher challenges makes it the best choice for HL2 veterans who found the "vanilla" version either too short or easy.
Half-Life 2: Substance re-coreographs the original single player campaign, John Woo style: intensive new action and higher challenges makes it the best choice for HL2 veterans who found the "vanilla" version either too short or easy. Squad tactics and accuracy are actually required now: see what the G-Man meant by "a battle you have no chance of winning" (because you didn't submit, then, right?)! A whole new set of weaponry is also available as well as an advanced friendly-fire system,a skinpack and a sound addon to further personalize your second visit to City 17. Welcome to the real Substance, what the action is made of!
- 71 edited levels: the whole HL2 game! Older levels have been revisited for more challenge and performance.
- New weapons and alternate firemodes by Jerry,author of the SP Enhanced Mod: now include the SG550 Sniper Rifle, Battle Gravity gun, Conversion Bugbait, Napalm launcher, Covenant grenades, Desert Eagle, Electric Crossbow, Dual function RPG, Halo Pistol, M3 auto shotgun, M249 Jackhammer, Napalm clusters, FN P90 rifle, Proximity Headcrabs, Snarks, XM-8 Assault Carbine, RPG-armed airboats and more! Press the "Reload" button to switch between alternate firemodes.
- Friendly Fire Mod v.02 by Adam Hines: allies now suffer injuries from your hits and even turn against you! Don't miss the new Bullet time!
- New hotkeys: press "F1" for Easy,"F2" for Normal and "F3" for Hard skill (default). Press "F4" to toggle the HUD on/off,for an even more challenging game. Press "F12" to toggle the "Italian Extreme Mode" skill on/off,if you think you can survive it!
- More than 20 new skins and sounds!
- Now with dynamic lightning on weapons by smanu85!
Delete your previous Substance folder and run the auto-installer. Be sure to check the "Copy HL2 Cache Files" option to minimize loading times. To play, simply select "HL2substance" on the Steam games menu and pick a chapter from the "New Game" menu. Enjoy!