This mod allows you to create/schedule/manage future raid instance directly in-game.
This AddOn allows you to create/schedule/manage future raid instance directly in-game. Players can register (join) and reserve a room for your instance, or cancel subscription.
You can setup a maximum players for your event, as well as the min/max per class.
When a player wants to join and there is no room left for his class, he is put in a *substitute* queue, waiting for someone to cancel his subscription.
The leader of an event does not have to be logged in for a player to subscribe.
This addon has been designed to help guilds to schedule events, and its member to say *I'll be there*, and count the number of players that are ok for an instance.
It does work for multiple guilds (kind of Alliance of guilds), if you want, or even with your friend list.
All dates are stored in universal time, and displayed in local time, so if someone creates an event in a different timezone than yours, you will see the correct time on your side.
VERSION 2.0 RC beta test :
WARNING for thoses who want to help me debug the new v2.0 RC (or just want to see what it looks like) :
- Make a copy and remove the file :
- Remove the whole
- Unzip the new v2.0 RC archive in
- After loading the game, change the GEMChannel to something DIFFERENT from the one you usualy use (protocol is different for this new version)
- READ the TODO list, so you will not ask for something that I'm planing to do before official 2.0 release
- Color codes have changed in the Event list (see below)
- Send me missing localization strings
- Have fun
1. Extract .zip file to WorldOfWarcraftInterfaceAddOns
2. load up WoW check the Addon is enabled ("/gem help" should print infos)
3. Bind a key to GuildEventManager or type "/gem toggle"
4. in the options TAB set the channel to whichever you are going to use
COLOR CODE :
- Events List in Events Tab, Where column :
- White = Old event (already displayed)
- Green = New event (never seen)
- Events List in Events Tab, Leader column :
- White = Leader not connected
- Green = Leader connected
- Events List in Events Tab, Subscribers column :
- White = Not subscribed
- Purple = Level of your selected character does not match event's level range
- DarkGrey = Subscription sent, but not ACKed yet
- Bleu = Subscription ACKed but you are in Substitute queue
- Green = Subscription ACKed and you are in Titular list
- Yellow = Subscription ACKed and you are in Replacement list
- DarkRed = You have been kicked from event (and thus unsubscribed). You can re-subscribe
- LightRed = You have been banned from event (and thus unsubscribed). You cannot re-subscribe until you are unbanned
- Admin List in Events Tab, Name column :
- White = Player not connected (or external)
- Green = Player connected
- Members list, Guild column :
- Green = Guild leader
- Blue = Guild officer
- White = Guild member
TODO Before v2.0 release :
- Code :
- GUI :
- Add a sorting plugin : By assigning points to someone (DKP like)
- Add a sorting plugin : By auto adding ppl on a list for the event (only when already created, by using AddExternal)
- Find a way to *block* people we don't want to subscribe (auto ban your ignore list, for example)
- Add an auto-banned list (in Create new Events tab ?)
- Option to limit event creation to officers (not possible but see CanViewOfficerNote() IsGuildLeader() )
- Handle event restrictions (guild only) -- Tag event with a bit 'guild only'
- Possibility to modify the subscription comment
- Auto purge with GEM_Players.lastlog too old
- If debug mode is ON, duplicate log to saved structure in file (array of lines)
- Handle multiple channels (v666.0)
- Add a new type of limit : Healers (priest/druid/paladin/shaman) Dps (rogue/mage/hunter) (v666.0)
- Panel transparency
- List of banned people in events is not showing for non-leader
- Changing leader : Few problems
Q : I don't see events of other people, and others don't see mine
A : Are you sure you are on the same channel (check GEM options) ? Are you sure you don't have joined more than 9 channels (there is a limit of 9 or 10 channels you can join) ? Are you sure your PC's clock is correctly set ?
If you still don't see events, try "/gem debug 1", it will show a new TAB, look at the debug log (screenshot it) for warnings or event related messages, then contact me.
Q : I see garbage on my channels, like "
A : Check if the channel you see garbage is the same than the one in your GEM config. Maybe you have changed the channel with a character, and changed reroll. Leave the garbaged one with a /leave ChanNum. In v2.0, channel will be saved per char, so you will not have this problem anymore.
Q : I just subscribed to an event, but I don't appear in the list, nor the titulars count has changed.
A : If the leader of the event is not logged, all commands (subscribe, unsubscribe, ...) are stored and broadcasted to every person in the channel (and each time someone logs in). In order to see your subscription in the list (and titulars count increased/decreased), you must wait until the leader logs. When he does, all commands are flushed and he processes them, in the order they were submitted.
Look at the color codes above, they help you know in which state you are.
Q : All thoses stored commands don't flood the channel when someone (or the leader) logs in ?
A : No, there is an algorithm that makes people to sent commands at different time when someone joins, and if a known command has just been sent, the sent from your side is canceled. There is also a maximum of commands that can be sent per second, so you are not (less) flooded.
Q : I don't like the subscribers sorting modes available. I want something else, custom.
A : Well, that's where the Sorting plugin system comes in ! Look at the "GEM_sort_stamp.lua" file, there is all you need to make your own plugin (there is no need for the plugin to be installed on each player's computer, only on the leader's one). Simply make a new addon with a .toc file, that depends on GuildEventManager, and you're done. The plugin will be loaded by GEM, and you'll be able to choose your custom sorting in GEM's "Create new Event" tab.
Q : I have a lua error, but I cannot tell you the file/line it occured
A : Please install (even temporarily) ImprovedErrorFrame (http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=170), and you'll be able to see the full error text
Q : When I link an item to the GEM channel, it displays the name only.
A : For links to be sent, you must use the SlashCmd specified in GEM config. If you speak using /# (# being GEM's channel number), it will not work.
Q : I don't see anybody in the Members list, and the list populates very slowly. Also, I always see "N/A" for people's location.
A : This is to greatly reduce traffic in the channel. Each player sends his personal informations ONLY when he changes of zone, NOT when someone logs in (otherwise every single player will have to send his current info upon each login, which causes too much traffic).
Because of this, the first time you come to a channel, we don't see anybody, you must wait for each player to move to another zone. When this happens, the player is saved and stored in your variables, so the next time, only it's current location will show as 'N/A' until he moves.
Q : I'm using SlashCmd and alias, and when I try to send a message, I don't see anything in my chatframe, nor I see messages from others.
A : Some addons are not hooking chatframe like they should.
- If you have GuildAds : Get the latest version, it has been fixed
- If you have flagRSP : Well, there is no patch yet (not sure), try to get latest version
- If you have Guilded : Why do you need this one anymore ? oO