The GP trickle mod randomly determines the primary trait for leaders in the game and will use the primary trait to positively influence the type of great person that is generated in the leader's capital.
GP Trickle Mod v0.3
Patch Compatibility: v1.61
MP Compatible: ?
1) Unzip this into the "civ4_install_folder\Mods\" folder.
2) Open the CivilizationIV.ini configuration file
3) Change the Mod line to read: Mod = Mods\GP Trickle Mod
4) Load the game.
5) Then play as normal.
- Randomly pickes one of the two leader traits randomly and uses it to
influence the type of great person that will be generated in their capital
- Several configurable options:
- Mappings for Leader traits to great persons
- Number of extra great person points
- Extra great person points in the leader capitals or throughout their empire
- Ability to require that great person points in their corresponding catagory
before giving the extra great person points.
-----Notes to Modmakers-----
If you want to use the GP Trickle Mod in your mod I have tried to make things as
easy as possible for you. In the XML files modified sections are enclosed by:
In the Python files I have added #< GP Trickle Mod Start > and #< GP Trickle
Mod End > in all of the places that I have made changes to the original files.
All I ask is that you give me credit.
- Fixed the bug pointed out by OzzyKP, the great person points were being
handed out correctly but the chances that the particular great person for the
points given was not updating correctly.
- Fixed the bug pointed out by OzzyKP causing the great person points to
increment on each game slice.
- Inital setup of the mod infrastructure
- Setup the "GP Trickle Mod Config.ini" file and added the default values for
each leader trait.
- Added the option allowing players to require that at least one great person
point for the civilization leader's primary trait be generated to give the
extra great person points.
- Added the option allowing players to specify if the extra great person points
based on their civilization leader's primary trait should be given to all of
their cities or to just their capital city.
-----===Credits & Thanks===-----
Composite Mod - readme.txt format
For proposing the idea and testing the resulting mod
For testing the mod and pointing out that a plus size version of the
mod is needed
- Dr Elmer Jiggle
For providing the INI file parser code allowing for players to
customize this mod without having to touch the python code!!!