Ports the gameplay changes introduced in the Japanese version back to a non-JP verison.
When Deus Ex was ported to Japanese, for some reason the porters decided to include some gameplay changes to make the game much easier (probably without telling anyone either), this modification ports these gameplay changes (and only the gameplay changes) back to a non-JP version.
To install: Simply replace the old DeusEx.u in your Deus Ex install's System folder with this one, back up your old version first, or rename it to DeusEx.u.OLD.
What this modification DOES do:
* Energy drain rate halved. (Difference between JP and this, JP's Energy Recirculator could increase the energy drain rate of augmentations, this will halve after recirculator's reduction, this reduction is also shown in aug descriptions)
* Player owned weapons do x4 damage on easy difficulty, even against doors.
* A passive 40% reduction in all damage taken.
* DTS does 50 damage instead of 20.
What this modification DOES NOT do but JP does:
* Note adding, editing, and deleting disabled.
* Normal text colour changed from 0,255,255 to 255,255,255.
* Player text colour changed from 255,255,255 to 128,255,255.
* All fonts replaced with JP fonts.
* Japanese names for items.
* Infolink text slowed from character per 0.03 to 0.09 seconds.
* Removed version string on main menu.