This updated demo brings a new spell system, graphics improvements and the possibility to rebuild destroyed ships.
Galactic Dream by Evolution Vault - playable demo v1.18
This demo contains a tutorial, the single-player custom game mode, and a multiplayer mode.
Changes in v1.18:
- Possibility to rebuild destroyed ships. (Heroes, experience, levels, upgrades) It was some work to make the AI working with this new changes.
- An advanced spell system. (More complex abilities, more powerful, levels). Lot of work here because because all kind of 'settings' problems + other strange (wrong initiation problems)
- Completely new moving algorithm for units. (Less realistic but is working more nice for the gameplay)
- New faster algorithm for vision, collision, attacking. (One very complex and fast function combining all 3)
- Graphics were improved. (objects, clouds, images)
- AI bugs fixed + new features, more challenging. Fixed some problems where the AI was building some nonexistent technology and ships. Add many new features, including rebuilding of ship.
- Spells are reissued and changed. (faster speed, faster spells ... )
- Fixed network synchronization, improved network performance.
Floats where introducing some approximation errors (especially when calculating angles, sin ...) on computers with different CPU architecture. After we tried to minimize the errors we decided that approximation errors are not acceptable and we rewrite all the code that was creating desincronizations. And also we added an buffer for game event when network playing what will make network lag not so obvious.
Also we rewritten all the menu code to make it easy to add new features.
... some thinks that are temporary disabled:
- sounds are temporary disable until some optimization will be made.
- advanced network features are off (The network server ... what was not available )
- the starbase is not directly selectable. (to avoid wrong selection and attacking in the vicinity ) If you want to select your own starbase you have to press the "P" key one time to make is selectable and "P" key again to make it not selectable.
- You can not set the enemy starbase as a target but the starbase will be auto acquired as a target if no ship is present in the vicinity.
Changes in v1.17a:
Fix some bugs in AI. ( some AI code was not called when the starbase was attacked, AI was not taking the ships out of the hangar, and was not calling ships to base ).
Fixed an bug in AI that was crushing the game.
Commancer speed decreased.
Cyclone armor changed to 'HEAVY'.
Increased the bonus received when the starbase is attacked. (experimental).
Changes in v1.17:
Added possibility to keep units in hangar when constructed.
Fixed bug with the 'production bonus', the player receive when he 'lose'. (is attacked at starbase by an superior force) and displayed.
Changed the way the damage work, changed the damage, life. ( now the game is more fun to play and more balanced). Changed the 'crew' for some ships and now is possible to build more big ships. Changed the prices for the sips.
Fixed bugs in AI and add new AI improvements. (now the AI is very good. An beginner and even one advanced player will find it very hard to win. (we will add the possibility to change to an easier AI ... the AI is using ship abilities and get an bonus advantage vs human players who are not using or using the abilities moderately))
(ps. from fight you get resources ... with out fighting from the start (trying to build an big army first) is impossible to win)
Small ships are bigger.
Fix bugs: when technology researched it was not displayed correctly, ship technology menu's where activated wrongly, ship not responding to attack when they attack the starbase.
Changes in v1.16:
Star base is not firing anymore, does not recover life. (just very very slow).
Initial construction, research, production is decreased, now the money generated form fights are more important.
Ships size doubled.
Max 'population' decreased.
For this version up to 6 players.
Changes in v1.15:
The AI is greatly improved.
Ships are moving faster (especially big ships). The star base now will have more hit points. Shields and abilities are displaying correctly. The menu's show an preview on mouse over. Some menu images where changed and some description corrected. Research, construction and money generation is faster but they have an bigger cost.
Clouds, stars displayed more nicely.
Changes in v1.14:
Add new gamplay enchantments: fixed bugs in AI, faster constructing, researching, money generation.
Planet are displayed correctly, removed 'white planet'.
Fixed one bug what caused the game to crush.
Changes in v1.13:
Add new gamplay enchantments. Researching, constructing, and money generating are faster. Added possibility to specialize the ship technology on 5 levels. (this way the specialized ship research will allow faster build of the ship)
Rectangular selection is not selecting the star base if units are selected.
Fix bug when the ship info is displayed over the tool tip.
I hope fix the crushing what some people get when they add their name.
Starbase is regenerating life slower.
Changes in v1.12:
Fixed tool tips what are not displaying, research was not working (fixed) (initialization call missing), star base selection (resided).
Fixed some bugs with the multiplayer server.