These scripts can be used to create the in race music cue points/markers needed for the Fuel music engine.
These scripts work using Sony Sound Forge 8.0. I'm afraid I haven't tried them in other versions. They are written in c#. To use the scripts
- Unzip and save them to disk
- Open Sound Forge.
- Head to View->Script Editor and then click to Open button.
- Open you music file.
- Edit the arguments and hit the "Run Script\" button.
Scripts are saved in the folder below by Sound Forge so if you want to make your life easier you could save these scripts there:
C:\Program Files\Sony\Sound Forge 8.0\Script Menu
Both scripts create an undo event so you can rollback in case of disasters.
Using "Fuel Markers Start"
This script requires no parameters - it will create 4 markers at the beginning of the file as a lead in.
- steps Optionally allows you to create more than 4 markers.
Using "Fuel Markers"
I don't code in c#. I took an existing script from the Sound Forge examples and modified it to suit my filthy needs. If you are a professional c# programmer, my script will probably burn your eyes!
Sound Forge allows parameters to be passed into the scripts. However I found it easier in operation to just change the values in the script. The controls are:
- bpm The bpm (beats per minute) of the track. I've made this a double in case the bpm isn't a whole number.
- tag The section name. This can be one of intro, strandardvar1..., actionvar1..., extremevar1...
- start The start point for this particular section in bars.
- startOffset I had a few tracks where the start point wasn't a whole bar. This allows an offset in quarters of a bar.
- bars This sets the number of bars for this section
- barMultiplier I added this variable to control how many beat markers get put inside each section. Some of my tracks have longer sections to I experimented with fewer beat markers. This seems to help the music to jump around a little less unexpectedly during play! Good values are 4 and 8.